• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Uthrow Uair

MegaKnight

Smash Rookie
So there's this fox that's been beating me lately, mostly because he likes to Upthrow UpAir me to death. Over and over again. I must be missing some simple trick to get out of it. Anyone know what it is?

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
DI completely to the LEFT or RIGHT for best proper DI, which is always perpendicular to the trajectory of an attack.

LuCKy

Smash Master
first of all jiggly sucks........fox owns end of story.........here is some tips from the best jiggs in norwalk mango: Grab him.... Grab him some more... and if he keeps throwing u in the air.. do the same to him... uthrow to rest lol.. no one likes that .. or throw him off .. Cheap kill is the way to go.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
erm...ok.

Honestly if the Fox is perfect (KDJ/M2K esque) with their follows, you can't escape it. Best to just switch up your DI to confuse. And not get grabbed.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
u throw u air sucks
and it kills jiggly at super low percentages
if it werent for it, jiggs would be much better against fox.
missed rest = 15 lasers, dair, uthrow, uair can kill even if the rest is pretty early, on some stages
so do what kish said.
its good for you to be random

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
Kinda like KP said ~ If the fox isn't perfect, he might be a little slow on the uair, so if you completely DI to the left/right then jump once you've recovered he won't be able to land the uair. Apart from that.... try smash DI'ing after the first hit of the uair.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Can jiggs duck Fox's grab? That would help a lot but I'm not sure if it works.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
You should be able to DI the drill to a point where you can not get grabbed off a rest. It's hugely DIable. Either that or just hold block and c-stick right to insta-roll. I don't usually get caught by that trick.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
yea, do you know all the cstick instant things? like you just mentioned the L or R and cstick right = instant roll.
and magus was talking about L or R and c stick up = instant jump? Someone knowledgeable make a thread on these.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
You can jump out of many grabs too.. ie- Fox's Uthrow [so only the 2nd hit, hits you (therefore not killing you)], Shiek's Dthrow (at high percents), Marth's Fthrow (but don't jump into the ****), and many, more..

Magus420

Smash Master
The Uair has two hits. The second one kills you, but only if it hits you correctly. You can jump out of death.
Jumping out doesn't save you. If you jump it's because they are doing it too slow, you are at too high damage where it no longer combos (80ish I think? I forget), or the 2nd hit already whiffed anyway due to A/SDI on the 1st hit or bad positioning. I know the 1st hit of u-air combos out of the throw until high damage, but I'm not sure about going directly into the 2nd hit if they u-air early to bypass the 1st hit that you can use to escape with.

Either way, I just try to DI the throw initially whenever possible and then do a quarter circle (for SDI) starting from in towards where I got thrown to up as it hits then back inward to DI the 2nd hit in case it gets me, or if I don't DI the throw I pick one of the sides to 1/4 circle, then immediately hit X->Y afterwards to guarantee a jump if they weren't perfect with the timing. Gets me out like 80% of the time against M2K IIRC as long as I'm not caught too off guard (he gets it pretty much everytime if you don't SDI when in the % range). Doesn't work as well with bigger characters though :ohwell:.

Sliq

Smash Master
So to smash DI the u-throw, you hold down and then rotate to left or right? I'm just trying to understand because if I can eventually smash DI the u-air, I will die roughly 80% less than I do now against Fox's.

Top Bottom