• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Short Hop Double Laser

Luke McCloud

#NooooooDeeeeeeeeEeeeeeyyyyyyeeee
Greetings forum,

It's VERY simple to short hop laser with Fox, but double laser? Nah-uh. I'm very dull in trying to find out how to do this. I don't know if it's just a factor of speed, or if there is a trick to it?

Thanks for your time, Luke.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
you simply have to be very fast. try lasering the instant you do your short hop. another trick you can do is learn to short hop with up, that way you have one hand for the jump and one hand for the laser, that's what i do.

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
You could try the claw style if nothing else works. Makes everything a little bit faster, but is a completely different style of playing, so it would take some getting used to

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
you simply have to be very fast. try lasering the instant you do your short hop. another trick you can do is learn to short hop with up, that way you have one hand for the jump and one hand for the laser, that's what i do.
I've been told that before. Before I grind out multiple hours doing this do you feel inhibited at all by using the controls tick?

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
I've been told that before. Before I grind out multiple hours doing this do you feel inhibited at all by using the controls tick?
common sense time! you're reading a post from Zhu. like, THE Zhu. Do you really think that using the control stick inhibits your play once you get used to it?

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
common sense time! you're reading a post from Zhu. like, THE Zhu. Do you really think that using the control stick inhibits your play once you get used to it?
I was going to respond with a ******** sarcastic response but nah

But my answer is possibly, probably not. I'd rather type for 4 seconds and waste that time than waste an hour+ and start over with a different method. It's not like THE Zhu can't have less than perfect controller etiquette if we're using common sense here :cyclops:

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I was going to respond with a ****head sarcastic response but nah

But my answer is possibly, probably not. I'd rather type for 4 seconds and waste that time than waste an hour+ and start over with a different method. It's not like THE Zhu can't have less than perfect controller etiquette if we're using common sense here :cyclops:

I use control stick for double lasers and shield pressure (including jumping out of shield and doubleshines) and x for everything else, sorry if that wasn't clear. I don't have much to say about using control stick only other than it's not for me. There were some players who successfully used it like lovage, but the vast majority of people use x or y.

Top Bottom