• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Redesign

Beta Ray Bill

Smash Rookie
What do you all think?

It's not much but I like it more. The tone fits better.

I think the gloves look awesome. His eyes are a bit too big for my taste though. Well, Fox has been my main since the original Smash Bros., so Ima use him no matter what. Fox is freakin' awesome.

redxparasite

Smash Cadet
I really like this version of Fox. I think it'll mesh really well with the other character designs in Smash 4. Melee Fox looked pretty good. Brawl Fox was kinda meh.

Anyone else remember when he had robotic legs?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
-not gold fur :sick: (Brawl only)
At most, it's been strawberry blond like. I've never heard of a golden furred fox before. Real foxes lend themselves to more red, brownish red, other darker colors, and white than anything else.

I really do hope that Fox's design isn't final. I don't know but I want new design. Not like I mind Brawl Fox or anything (except for that big forehead lol) I kinda wish that they would have given him at least a new outfit to boast... I don't want Melee or Brawl Fox, I want... SSB for Wii U Fox!
Given the odd lack of fur details, I think it's safe to assume that his model's a work in progress to some degree. Models get touched up all the time during development.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
His model and such will get touch-ups me thinks.

I'm pretty sure this happened with Peach in Melee where the original pictures of her, she didn't have a dress going all the way down and instead had a miniskirt.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Likely so they had the main things functioning and then worried about things like dress animations later.

On the topic of Fox's color again, realistically, Fox should have black fur halfway up to his forearms, but I suppose it's a stylistic preference.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Honestly, I'm not terribly bothered by the "re-design". It's more akin to Adventures, true, but the whole thing looks like a cross-over between a few titles in the Star Fox Series.

Now, HURRY UP AND MAKE A NEW STAR FOX GAME NINTENDO!!

Sorry, rage moment.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
His design is pretty much the same as it was in brawl.

I actually think they tried to upscale his textures/edited his model a bit to get the one we see in Smash 4. It's possible his model isn't final, but I wouldn't expect them to change it much.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Kids, there's barely much of a difference.

He looks cleaner, more than anything.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
My favourite design is still the Melee one:

But this new design is close enought. Good job Nintendo!
In my opinion, I preferred his design in Brawl and SSB4, and found his design in Melee a tiny bit scary.

Then again, he does look more like an actual fox in melee.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I think people need to come to terms that his look was officially rebooted back in 2002.

Mostly because of the amputated legs thing.

Top Bottom