• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Frame Data [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
You know, that's nice, but I feel Fox's forte is punishing instead of having the archetype saying rushdown. That however is just my opinion regarding the character.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
You know, that's nice, but I feel Fox's forte is punishing instead of having the archetype saying rushdown. That however is just my opinion regarding the character.
This is what someone else said to me, so I might change it :)

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Yes, I would agree his character archetype is "Bait and Punish."

Also in your data you have it listed as him being unable to wall jump, which he can.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Bait and punish isn't an archetype so I'm thinking I'll change character archetype to "style" instead since it more accurately describes it imo.

elmike

Smash Apprentice
i think you should reduce the recovery bar to the mid at most. Fox has long range, but its extremely predictable and punishable

Diagonal_Smash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YayConformity
3DS FC
5069-4015-5843
You're welcome!
Lol xD
I don't mean to come off as unappreciative. I know that you've worked very hard gathering all this data, which I do refer to often. Just trying to point out an inaccuracy.

Last edited:

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
And what is it that makes Fox have such supposedly high difficulty?

Rhus

We're going top speed!
And what is it that makes Fox have such supposedly high difficulty?
Fox has a super high "precision" skill floor/ceiling.

His movements and attacks leave little room for error as they always have. His attacks are small with often short lasting hitboxes, demanding that you don't get lazy with hitboxes (he also has poor priority as a whole, so you really can't count on that either). His feather weight and fast fall speed along with his linear recovery make him die very early for silly mistakes where any combination of recovery, weight, and air speed can save pretty much any other character. Additionally, his movement is ludicrously fast being arguably the most mobile character in the game, but due to his lack of kill set ups from throws, Fox players have to learn how to capitalize on positional advantages potentially better than most characters because of his lack of a kill throw or even a throw that even offers a killing opportunity.

Fox players therefore have to learn their advantages as a super nimble character to cover several options at once and fake the opponent out. It's a bit hard to put into words, but once Fox has you at kill percent, it's hard for him to get a kill unlike many other characters that at the very least can bring a 50/50 scenario off a throw (Sheik, Roy) or outright kill you with a throw (Ness, Mewtwo, like 60% of the cast etc.). In order to kill you, he has to use the combination of his vertical air speed, dash speed, and (fast) fall speed to limit your options, forcing you into a position where you can't dodge a Usmash/Uair/Bair etc.

Fox is definitely one of the hardest characters to play effectively in Sm4sh.

G-Sword

Smash Journeyman
Fox has a super high "precision" skill floor/ceiling.

His movements and attacks leave little room for error as they always have. His attacks are small with often short lasting hitboxes, demanding that you don't get lazy with hitboxes (he also has poor priority as a whole, so you really can't count on that either). His feather weight and fast fall speed along with his linear recovery make him die very early for silly mistakes where any combination of recovery, weight, and air speed can save pretty much any other character. Additionally, his movement is ludicrously fast being arguably the most mobile character in the game, but due to his lack of kill set ups from throws, Fox players have to learn how to capitalize on positional advantages potentially better than most characters because of his lack of a kill throw or even a throw that even offers a killing opportunity.

Fox players therefore have to learn their advantages as a super nimble character to cover several options at once and fake the opponent out. It's a bit hard to put into words, but once Fox has you at kill percent, it's hard for him to get a kill unlike many other characters that at the very least can bring a 50/50 scenario off a throw (Sheik, Roy) or outright kill you with a throw (Ness, Mewtwo, like 60% of the cast etc.). In order to kill you, he has to use the combination of his vertical air speed, dash speed, and (fast) fall speed to limit your options, forcing you into a position where you can't dodge a Usmash/Uair/Bair etc.

Fox is definitely one of the hardest characters to play effectively in Sm4sh.
Couldn't agree more. He's the hardest character to play because of his precious. But once played perfectly he's the hardest to beat. His high difficulty makes him have the most potential out of anyone. He truly is a S tier character. Does anyone know the frame data on reflector or lasers now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom