• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FoxBlaze's Social/General/Everything Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zulo

Smash Ace
It really seems though that AV and I will both forfeit. I fear the worst.
That's unfortunate, but by Christmas we ought to be able to have this tournament finished. Who knows, we might have another one by then.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Hey, DaBreast, I hope you beat AV. ( Probably not happening. ) I've been practicing with Sonic. :sonic::smash::troll:

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Actually he isn't that bad, he's just acting trollish. He be sniffin' dem lulz. I would know, i was debating with him yesterday.

@furry there is never enough TTGL. Something as good as it deserves to be flaunted/abused but I don't. Name one better anime/tv show out there. Do it:troll:

@captainkirby how does the Mario kart community act like? Do tell.
I guess you could say that after spending 3 and a half years on that game's main forum, the community can be, in words, described as a bunch of swindling, backbiting, slandering, and overall, judgmental group of some of the most dishonest people you'll ever meet at a gamer's board, who, at the slightest given chance in which they believe to catch that you're cheating, will accuse you of hacking the race right off the bat. The fear from which how much the hacking department has grown and all the hacks that can be now done in secret can be thanked for that, and in turn, has ultimately ruined the community's sense of understanding and stability, so to speak; every "clan war" nowadays is basically just a race to catch whoever's hacking first out of the opposition's side. (And I'm not saying everyone there is like that, by the way; I still have some very good and genuine friends over there, but yeah, in general, though, it's mostly pretty bad.)

So I guess I've pretty much experienced it all over there by now, and to be honest, it kinda made me wanna start off fresh (hence why I joined here, for the most part). The competitive scene here is done so much more professionally and realistically, where as 10 or 11 year olds could be running tournaments back at the other site, all willy-nilly. Plus, MKW, the game itself, just wasn't truly meant to be played competitively much at all, in my opinion... There are so many factors that can lead you into getting last place, even if you're the best racer out of everyone else in the room there, so it really just wasn't worth my time or for me to even truly try anymore. Anyways, inb4 tl;dr.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
And people complain that Brawl isn't competetitive enough....

At least we can turn off items....

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Since Mario Kart was brought up...

As one of the "originals" in the Kart community, it definitely pains me to say that with the introduction of the Wii version, the trolls have definitely taken over, at least on the Wii side of things. The older versions of Kart have their share of trolls as well, but it's not quite as bad. I hope your impression of the community does not extend as far as all versions are concerned. Many of the "founding fathers", if you will, have disappeared from the scene since its heyday in the 1990s. Some of us are still around, and the older versions are still enjoyed by many. While I "officially" retired from SMK and Kart 64 in 1998, I still keep in touch with the community, and even help in putting tournaments together that we run annually.

As far as the games themselves go, yes, most versions have their share of flaws. I do not know why Double Dash was the only version to disable items altogether. For the 64 version, we have the issue where all 4 players cannot choose the characters they want. Initially we had ways to work around that where everyone equally had to deal with the 4th pick of driver. Now we just use GameSharks so everyone gets Yoshi. Dealing with which shortcuts are legal is another discussion altogether.

Anyway, I just wanted to stop by to say that not all the people in the Kart community are as bad as they may seem, even if the trolls in recent years have hijacked the place. Kart Wii definitely attracts a more immature crowd, but the older versions still have seasoned veterans behind the scenes.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
How are we doing stage picks and counter picks?

av I'm glad I misunderstood you, I was incredibly offended.

:phone:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I usually just pick starters anyways. Smashville 1st, Battlefield 2nd, Final Destination 3rd. Plain and simple.

Um... yeah. I can't do this tourney this week. My little brother wanted the Wii.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Well, you do have over two weeks for this round. Will that not be enough?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Absolutely. I get it back in 4 days which is plenty of time. 'Course I'll have to explain this to CaptainK.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
anybody available for friendlies today? Preferably anybody who can show me a thing or two about mario.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Yes, double elimination it is. Glad the matches have started coming in.

My opponent has verified that he still won't be able to participate with the new dates.. So I guess I get a bye.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
To think we made this thread exactly one month ago:awesome: think we can go for two?

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
You guys wanna give us a little run down of the matches, or send your replays to somebody who can upload them?

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow sounds good to me knubs, I've been on fire this week, I might put up a pretty good fight.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I just might make it. There is a possibility that we'll be getting a new Brawl disc soon.

Do not count me out.

Going to main :Sheik:

:mewtwo:

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
AV, i might make it too barring any unforeseen instances. But it will have to be on the last day. I don't know how rusty i will be though.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
First match - Smashville

Second match - Battlefield

Third match - Final Destination

Thanks again for the games, MechaWave. There should be a bracket for the people who lost, maybe...?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Usually most tourneys, even online, are double elimination. Perhaps there should be.

Oh and just FYI we didn't have to do the 3rd match since you won the first two.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Usually most tourneys, even online, are double elimination. Perhaps there should be.

Oh and just FYI we didn't have to do the 3rd match since you won the first two.
Yeah, I guess. I figured I'd just list it, since we did it anyway. My bad.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
This tourney is double elim yeah.

The OP should probably be updated with results.
Mmm, all right. Would be nice if there was a loser's bracket, though, so people who lost could still compete.

Edit: Wow, I thought I was editing my original post. Sorry for the double post, guys. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom