• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox vs Falco! Who would win?

Who would win?

• Total voters

SSG SAX GAMER

Smash Apprentice
If a Fox player was up against a Falco player in Final Destination, Who do you think would have the edge?
Well, final destination is necessarily the stage that is the "best" for anything (comparing mu's) the reason is that some character have strengths that lie in using platforms to approach, attack, use aerials etc. So certain stages compliment certain playstyles, combos, and certan characters. Theoretically, fox should win on final destination, because his combos use a lot of shines and send you horizontally and it's a flat stage. However on any other stage, Falco should win the mu because his combos are enhanced by the platforms and allow for it to be extended (especially small stages since he can send you off the stage, and chase you down easier, also it helps him recover cuz of his bad recovery)

FoxE

Smash Cadet
I'm not a Melee expert or even a decent player but I'll give my opinion.
I'd say Fox because just as -ACE- said, Nasty chaingrab though I'd have to disagree with the slight edge on neutral. Falco would have a better neutral but Fox is much more complimented for FD. Though someone can argue that Falco combos are harder to escape without platforms.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Fox ps's all lasers, is a faster and more agile character, and shine has more range. Fox's lasers actually force approaches. Trust me Fox has an edge in neutral.

Last edited:

FoxE

Smash Cadet
I want to say that Falco's laser pretty much shut down all ground approaches and has slightly more range but there's always Fox's crazy shorthops and of course DL. So I can see why Fox would have the edge.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Fox wins slightly on every stage IMO.

Lasers are not as good in neutral as people think. A powershielded laser is better for fox than falco's laser is for him because fox has better speed/mobility to use the laser. Plus its trivial to jump or shield->wavedash to deal with the laser. Dr. PP and Westballz tend to dash dance and use normals instead of relying on lasers.

The main reason fox wins though, is the jumpsquat. If falco's shine is fresh (deals 7% or 8%) and hits fox's shield, he can do exactly 1 action (JC shine) to avoid being hit by fox's shine OoS. If its not fresh (6% or less) then a fox who does shine OoS goes even with falco's shine and otherwise hits falco if he does anything else. Falco cannot challenge Fox's shield.

I could also talk about punish game, but its comparably even. I think fox has an advantage, though, since he can reaction tech chase all of falco's options while falco cannot always do the same to him. Falco's guaranteed shine combos also don't often lead to death anymore (everyone knows how to DI out and choose living options).

Last edited:

iMgod

Smash Rookie
NNID
ParaPopulace
The question isn't that clear.
If it were two CPUs, designed to be near perfect, but not TAS perfect (otherwise it would be the 20xx port priority bs all over again) it would be Fox, because he is physically better than Falco because of his stats.
If it were two human players, it is whichever player is better. If they are of equal skill, the Fox would most likely win, again, because of Fox's stats.

MKarma

Smash Cadet
Depends on the skill level of the match. Most would say fox in general but when it's at a level that the fox has trouble dealing with lasers I'd easily give it to falco.

TheCh0sen

Smash Rookie
Skill probably decides it.

However, if they're equal, on FD, Fox will probably win.

Top Bottom