• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox vs a Pill Happy Doc! need Tips

Color Bananas

Smash Rookie
So recently I played a set against a Pill Happy Doc and I won, but I seemed to struggle against him some even though he isn't really that great. So I noticed that my movement was really getting limited because of the pills and I couldn't seem to find a way around them. That is why I am here looking for some advice, also he could really only beat me on FD which I know is in Docs favor but it was still very frustrating trying to get around pills.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Nair the pills, duck under them, jump over them. It really depends on what doc wants you to do after the pill hits. The one thing you never want to do is shield the pill, if you do that then you are just stuck in stun and doc can do stupid doc stuff like jab down smash or spot dodge down smash, which are really the only two stupid things he can do that are basically free punishes for him.

You can also jab the pills away, also if they are that pill spammy you should be able to say "Oh hey he is about to pill" And go nair through the pill and into the doc, suddenly you have the positional advantage on him and can wreak some real havoc on him.

the whole point of pills is to either stop your movement or stun you, but since your playing fox you can literally just run around them or out prioritize them with relative ease.

Top Bottom