• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Up air is stupid

Jbutker

Smash Cadet
Foxs UpAir has 2 hitboxes. If you get upthrown you can DI the first hit and not get hit by the 2nd, which is the strong(kill) hitbox. This is virtually impossible though.

I see lvl 9 comps(peach mostly) DI the 1st hit of Fox's UpAir and not get hit by the second.
The smash di thing seems to work ok for me or i am just getting lucky and not getting hit by the second for whatever reason. But i have tried to find more information on how his u-ar works cuz i have heard that before, but i could never get an explanation of they work or where they are. Can you, or anyone else, explain?

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
The smash di thing seems to work ok for me or i am just getting lucky and not getting hit by the second for whatever reason. But i have tried to find more information on how his u-ar works cuz i have heard that before, but i could never get an explanation of they work or where they are. Can you, or anyone else, explain?
You first.

Jbutker

Smash Cadet
OK i talked to Cactuar, and basically the way it works is there is a strong hitbox and weak hit box. the string hitbox is from a little tiny bit past his toes to about his ankles, basically the tip of the attack and the weak hitbox, is pretty much every other part of Fox. The best way to DI the uthrow to uair is smash DI behind fox then reg. DI behind him as far as possible on the uthrow. (yes, i said smash DI the throw, which i thought was not possible but tuar gets his info from M2K so i figure they know what they are talkin about) Then when fox goes up for the uair, smash di down and behind him so that you go through the strong hit box into the weak and towards the side of the hitboxes. this should make the uair basically miss and you should then be able to ff before he get another uair off. Two stick DI really helps for all this crap, but its insanely hard to do and i couldn't do it against, tuar, but he did it a couple of times to show me.

Lightningmage

Smash Journeyman
I assume Smash DI is when instead of holding the control stick a certain direction, you smash it instead. Or is it involving the C-Stick?

Also, I hate Fox's Up-air. KO's too easily on Yoshi's Story <.<

Jbutker

Smash Cadet
smash DI is when you move the control stick in a direction during the hitlag of any move. If you hold the control stick in one direction it will only register on frame of Smash DI as opposed to wiggling the control stick from, for example, up and left to down and left. This will register several frames of smash DI. The c-stick is for automatic smash di which is basically whatever direction the control stick is in during the last frame of the hit lag will move your character a little that way only less than smash di. The reason some ppl use the c-stick is because it overides the control stick for auto smash di. So you can smash di towards the left and up during the hitlag of a move (you move slightly left and up during hitlag) while holding up on the c-stick and you will get the additional up auto smash di from the c-stick no matter where the control stick is. regular di is just using the control stick to direct your character after being knocked back. I hope this helped, there is a guide stickied somewhere but i dont know the link.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Oh my god. This was when no one knew about how to SDI Fox's uair and certain awesome members of the smash community such as myself were slowly spreading the knowledge on how.

****ing epic.

D

Deleted member

agreed, and this is me explaining simple smash basics and drephen simply....not grasping them!

I'm so good @ this game.

TheLake

Smash Master
Drephens a beast O_O

But im a beast too

hmm...drephen, shiek....me, zelda...

zelda turns into shiek...shiek turns into zelda...

Hmmm *incorporates more downsmash into game*

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
The best solution to incorporate more Dsmash inyo your game is to play Peach, 'nuff said. You know, double stick Di'ing was never really explained to me. Probably because my teacher is an avid 64 player. On the bright side, my DI and smash DI is incredible. I need to practice it more, but I can double Smash DI Ganon's Dair.....anyway.....That's crazy, and thanks for the advice 'tuar. I'll remember it when I'm being ***** by you next time we play.

"Crank that Roy"
"Gimpin' is a Habit"

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I'll play you Zelda with my Peach. ^_^ I think it'd be fun.

I did Fox vs. Sheik today....that friggin' Uthrow to Uair IS annoying. I got away from it a couple of times....but still...GODDANG!!!

"Crank that Roy"
"Gimpin is a Habit"

Top Bottom