• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox (me) vs Mario

1nf3ct3d

Smash Rookie
I am playing against my friend most of the time (online with aqznetplay 2 frames). My main is fox(and luigi) and i got big problems against his mario.
He is winning 95 % of the time. Sometimes i can beat him with 1 stock left.
So my problem is that so many times i get gimped with 10-30 %. I have no idea what to do. He is just grabbing me and throwing me out of the stage and jumping after me. He then reacts to when i jump and up b and just kicks me and im dead. If i am able to jump back to stage without up b i can handle it because fox is fast enough but if i cant i have no idea what to do. help pls. Gonna post video soon but in the meantime text must be enough.

thx guys :)

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
When Fox is thrown off the ledge it's super, super easy for him to get gimped by all the characters. At about 30%, if he's thrown off near the ledge, he's too far away to get back on or grab the ledge with his double jump, so he has to use his time-consuming up-b. That's basically a free stock.

You can jump straight up and use your up-b to try and go as far in as possible. You can use your up-b right away if they jump out there to hit you, and you might get lucky and get back on stage. None of these are particularly good.

What you need to do is avoid getting grabbed. Mario gimps Fox so easily, but Fox combos Mario pretty decently. Learn how to short-hop laser and short-hop double laser if you haven't already to keep Mario away from you. Marios like to upsmash to get out of pressure a lot of times. So you can bait that move out and punish them. Mario is just slower than Fox overall, so you have to use your Fox speed to your advantage. Watch videos of top-level Fox's to learn more.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
just wait for him to throw a fireball and then kick him in the face.

Alternatively, yea don't get grabbed cuz that's free. Without vidz I don't know how you're getting grabbed, but you personally can try and focus next time you play on how its happening. Is he just running up and grabbing you? Fox has a great jab/dtilt game that will keep slow-mo mario from being able to do that. Is he connecting an aerial before grabbing you? Or even worse, is he hitting your shield with an aerial and then grabbing (don't shield)? It shouldn't be very easy for mario to approach fox like that. Keep those lasers coming and he will cry. He'll throw fireballs out of frustration and then he's free.

1nf3ct3d

Smash Rookie
I guess i just have to work on lasering more and better. Its like one out of 3 times i hit good shdl, sometimes i fulljump or only get out 1 laser. And if i fail the laser he just comes up and drills me + uair + smth else. Then i ragequit cause i play so bad :D

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Use your speed and lasers.

Reflect his fireballs.

Not much mario can do. Just don't get grabbed and gimped.

Top Bottom