• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox infinite drillshine vs. Peach

Animate Dreams

Smash Rookie
My friend claims he can infinite drillshine a Peach. This is what he had to say on the matter:

[15:07] 1:Aqualicy> Drill into shine, dash, drill into shine... repeat ad infinum.
[15:08] 1:Aqualicy> Basically dash, drill, land on the other side of Peach and start pushing her the other way.

I can't play him since he doesn't live near me. How can I prove to him that Peach can just DI out?

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
the drillshine is pretty much like this.

Dair+Shine then wavedash towards them and repeat the process.

To prove that peach can DI just move the control stick left or right whichever way he drill shining you.I'm pretty sure the C stick works as well.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
C-stick will easily get you out of the drill and you can DI the Shine to increase the distance you slide. Peach can slide about as far as Marth normally would with proper DI.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
No. Peach won't slide nearly as far as marth. No matter how much DI, you'll never need to dash out of your waveshine to drill peach again. Marth you do. If you want to prove it to him, Tell him to click my sig, and watch me drillshine the peach in the first clip. After a bit, Erad starts to SDI the drills so that the shine doesn't hit. That's really the only way to escape that combo w/ peach. Trust me, i'm a drillshine adict.

Aqualicy

Smash Cadet
Hi Animate! :D

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/516492/30502
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=35050
Search for "4. Infinites" and read that section.

Also, you may want to go here:
http://www.smashboards.com/archive/index.php/t-37321.html

And here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIn203ONCtg 1:06

For all technical purposes, an infinite drill shine is possible against certain characters. For all practical purposes, however, it's... impractical. It's extremely rare in tournament matches because you have to be flawless in your execution, and it's extremely hard to do in the heat of the moment. Most people just drill or shine-dash-shine Peaches for an easy upsmash to do the most damage possible.

Edit: Sweet video, scotu. Good stuff. Makes me want to play.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Yup it's possible to escape it, DI the dair so fox can't connect with the shine again I wont suggest trying to DI the shine cause is a little hard and a good fox(like me ^^) may be able to continue the combo...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Yup it's possible to escape it, DI the dair so fox can't connect with the shine again I wont suggest trying to DI the shine cause is a little hard and a good fox(like me ^^) may be able to continue the combo...
The peach in my crew practically never gets hit by a standalone drillshine because he'll SDI the drill by the 3rd hit almost every time. As for straight up waveshining, he'll SDI the shine away about 1 in 3, making it harder, but not impossible to follow (it will be impossible for other characters though).

brianmercury

Smash Cadet
Im fairly sure if you fast fall the drill the shine will connect, even with sdi, i could be wrong though

SCOTU

Smash Hero
you are wrong. (sorry for the bluntness). An SDI just takes you really far. fast falling has nothing to do w/ the range of the shine vs the length of an SDI. Fast Falling just makes there be less hits, giving them less time to SDI, but also less damage in the process.

brianmercury

Smash Cadet
I thought that you had to smash DI multiple hits, but it sounds like you only need one, if thats true then fastfalling would do nothing, but i think it depends on the placement of the drill. Say if you drill right inside the person, or have a running drill with forward momentum it may be that you need to sdi multiple hits. The shine does have a decently large hitbox. The forward momentum of a drill, plus that hitbox would connect. sdi is not THAT big. In that situation ff would help. But yeah there are some times it would not. Nice vid btw Scotu.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
If you have to much forward momentum, a towards SDI gets you out. And SDI's are pretty freakin big compared to normal movement speeds and all. In my vid, at :38, is a very good demonstration of how an SDI escapes a drillshine. It's pretty **** big.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i don't think you can DI the drillshine with peach, zelda, and link

and then there's the double wavedash infinite on marth and almost every other character in teh game (meaning, all but luigi and ICs)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
You can't double waveshine infinite anyone (i'm guessing you're saying two wavedashes per shine?) The way to do that is w/ a waveshine>dash>jc shine. And it can be done on luigi & ICs if you waveshine>dash>foxtrot>jc shine.
And you clearly can DI out of the drillshine w/ everyone. you SDI the drill so the shine can't hit. Read the above posts (sorry for the harshness on that last.)

ZoSo

Smash Champion
No. Peach won't slide nearly as far as marth. No matter how much DI, you'll never need to dash out of your waveshine to drill peach again. Marth you do. If you want to prove it to him, Tell him to click my sig, and watch me drillshine the peach in the first clip. After a bit, Erad starts to SDI the drills so that the shine doesn't hit. That's really the only way to escape that combo w/ peach. Trust me, i'm a drillshine adict.
I've seen it done.

Giggidax: Your sig is ****ing adorable.

Top Bottom