• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox has a chaingrab (0-45%)

Scootaloo Elzacryst

Smash Rookie
Hello, sorry if this hasn't been noticed yet (I've been using it for a year now, and haven't see anybody use it despite me not maining Fox (I main Sheik), but I went into training mode, and the combo is this: (mind you by the way, the combo resets after regrab, but I am fairly confident it is a very true combo, or at least, a mostly guaranteed one if the opponent doesn't know about it) Grab > DThrow (wait just half a second to Fair) > SHFair (not fast falled, just natural SHFair) > Up Tilt > Grab (in training mode, it says the combo resets here, but I'm still not sure)> Down Throw > Full hop Fair > Up throw

Here's a video showcasing it:

Sorry for the terrible quality, I couldn't record anything else since I don't have a capture card and had to use the replay function instead. But, I think while regrabbing to try to chain grab multiple times is okay, but I don't think it'll work after higher percents, and I used Bowser since he is the easiest to chain grab. Thoughts on this guys? Again, if this has already been done or is wrong in some way, please correct me :) I'd love to actually see this in use since I main Sheik mostly, and very rarely use Fox.

Last edited:

Mightyno.M

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mickeyx
3DS FC
4141-2356-8625
Hmmm it's not guaranteed but I assume it can be used if you're opponent techs into u fearing a dash attack. If the opponent doesn't tech however I think jab lock to whatever would be good enough to scare them into always teching

… but I'm just rambling

Last edited:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
not a chaingrab really, a regrab isnt a chain grab, also its not a combo.
Not only can they tech to escape this, but also if your opponent DI's correctly, fox cannot combo the fair out of dthrow, that only works if they dont DI it properly.
Still a nice string that'll work once or twice or on bad players.

SSTT

Smash Rookie
Character dependent, not guaranteed. At 0%, most, if all characters could jump away from a short hop fair.
Fair spike is techable.

dadominator8

Smash Rookie
NNID
dddsoxfan98
Hello, sorry if this hasn't been noticed yet (I've been using it for a year now, and haven't see anybody use it despite me not maining Fox (I main Sheik), but I went into training mode, and the combo is this: (mind you by the way, the combo resets after regrab, but I am fairly confident it is a very true combo, or at least, a mostly guaranteed one if the opponent doesn't know about it) Grab > DThrow (wait just half a second to Fair) > SHFair (not fast falled, just natural SHFair) > Up Tilt > Grab (in training mode, it says the combo resets here, but I'm still not sure)> Down Throw > Full hop Fair > Up throw

Here's a video showcasing it:

Sorry for the terrible quality, I couldn't record anything else since I don't have a capture card and had to use the replay function instead. But, I think while regrabbing to try to chain grab multiple times is okay, but I don't think it'll work after higher percents, and I used Bowser since he is the easiest to chain grab. Thoughts on this guys? Again, if this has already been done or is wrong in some way, please correct me :) I'd love to actually see this in use since I main Sheik mostly, and very rarely use Fox.
Yeah regrab is not a chain grab the opponent can jump out at some point

Top Bottom