• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox, for teh lulz. read, for moar lulz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

win_ftw

Smash Cadet
I fuggin lllllooooooooooooooveeeeeeeeeeeeee playing fox. legit hes my uh... third best char, behind my diddy and my ness. Just picked him up as a secondary (tertiary) because i love going on the 80% rapey sprees of justice and love. It makes me feel like a man.

but heres the reason behind this post.

I play brawl usually errday after school with this asian girl, a good friend of mine. shes a zelda/falco//oli/mk user, so that automatically qualifies her as a big ol bowl of noobsauce.
we play where the loser gets to counterpick character on the next selection, and 9/10 times im playing against some horrible matchup. her high tier chars are pestersome, but as i said, i usually get the better hand with my mains/secondary/tertiary/captain falcon, ftw.

so TODAY, apparently she gets the urge to pick zelda against my d00d fox.

DAMMIT.

heres the match in a nutshell.
1st stock i take with a shine spike onto her teleport jank
she kills me after i do like, 30 damage or something with that ridiculous fuggin usmash
at like 120.

2nd stock she gets on me, edgeguarding with dins fire, and then spanking me with that RIDICULOUS fuggin fsmash.

i then get her with a sexy 60-death combo, finishing with that rapey, technical uair we got.

third and final stock.

she gets me to a disadvantage, like, 110- 20 % or something.

my rage kicks in, and i do one of my patented comebacks.

i get to like, 130 or something, but get her to like 115. i sdi out of that ridiculous fuggin usmash. im stoked that i lived, so i retreat to give some space.

she sends sum fiya over, but it aint nothin, i dodge/shield whatever.
i get a few dash attacks in, a few lasers.

then, i get her with a BOOSTED PIVOT GRAB (FTW) and fling her off the level with a bthrow.

she midair jumps, i read the teleport, naturally.

i run to the middle of the level, pivot and prepare to PUNISH SUM LAG.

its perfect, set up for the greatest gift zeus gave to man, i running usmash.

i run, she disappears, i close the gap, shes freakin out, i start the smash animation, she appears and

WHAM

im dead.

seriously. she hit me with a fuggin instant dsmash (my least favorite move, that gay *** spin thing), like with no landing or startup lag, apparently. my upsmash doesnt register, im flung to my death.

for the epic loss.

questions:

How many frames does it take to buffer that ****ed zelda dsmash? O.o
whats the matchup between fox and zelda look like, anyway???

why is my life so fractured and horrible???

discuss.

except the last one. :/
(ps) im sorry for the wordiness, im bored, and my capture card was stolen, so i couldnt post a vid...

Zhamy

Smash Champion
No one cares. Put your questions in the Q&A thread and cut the story; no one wants to read it.

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
buffering for brawl is 10 frames, zelda dsmash comes out in 1 frame (not really but it's fast)
Fox vs Zelda is 6:4 fox or something like that.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Socializing can go in the general discussion thread.
Questions can go in the Q&A thread.

Etc., etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom