• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox eats Kirby for breakfast.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
I just got totally owned by a Fox. Either I suck with Kirby, or Fox is really hard to beat with Kirby. He's so freakin fast, he attacks me before I can do anything. And when I try to air dodge his attacks, they hit anyway because he's so fast... :dizzy:

HEEEEEAAALP!!!

storm92

Smash Ace
Fox has a bad match-up against Kirby. Kirby has the advantage 70-30.
Learn the Fthrow-->Uair-->Fthrow-->Uair-->Fsmash combo, and use it at low %.
Gimp his recovery with Bair or Dair when he gets below the edge.
Learn to space.
Take his ability.

That's all you need to beat Fox.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
umm... u need to discuss this in another forum. We can't keep seeing Noobish threads from everywhere. Every question u have has a place u can ask it. Not tryin to b rude just tryin to keep the boards clean

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
and we try and point the thread maker somewhere where there is already an abundant worth of info, its all good though i guess given that u dont post to often.

Fox should b an easy match up for Kirby. Fthrow, Uair, Fthrow, Uair, Ftilt/Fsmash is a 0-50 combo that really hurts Fox. Then u can use Bair and Dair to edge guard him. Also on stage, Ftilt, Dtilt, and Spaced Bairs really help keep Fox at bay.

Have u seen my combo video? it might help

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Hey gonzo heres what I do against fox (these were done on the best fox in socal)

fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair>dthrow then I just keep following him and shieldgrabbing if he tries to attack as he lands and grab him the instant he touches the ground. Since Fox falls so fast he can't really go too far away before he touches the ground again. I got quite a few dthrows off on him.

Another one is utilts with tiny bit of delay so he falls back down a bit until he is about to get out then if hes DIing up I upsmash and if hes DIing to the side I fsmash him. (just watch whichever side he is falling out of)

Though I have to say foxes dair is ****... it will knock you out of your bair even if you try to hit him with it. Use either final cutter or hammer to hit him out of a dair. Or inhale.

And yeah the first time I played a really good fox I was surprised at how much of a fight he could put up... o.o Fox is definitely capable of winning. Really watch out for the upsmashes after 90% or so. Go for gimp kills on fox.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
and we try and point the thread maker somewhere where there is already an abundant worth of info, its all good though i guess given that u dont post to often.

Fox should b an easy match up for Kirby. Fthrow, Uair, Fthrow, Uair, Ftilt/Fsmash is a 0-50 combo that really hurts Fox. Then u can use Bair and Dair to edge guard him. Also on stage, Ftilt, Dtilt, and Spaced Bairs really help keep Fox at bay.

Have u seen my combo video? it might help
Me wanna see combo video!!

poorboy93

Smash Cadet
wow I just bair fox, my friends never thought of using dair... those idiots. ahah
well my plan against most people Backthrow>dair or uair until there off stage then I fastfall dair>footstool jump.
but yeah fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair >(add your own mix) works good at low % or if you want to mix it up Dthrow>Utilt

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
Me wanna see combo video!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EWKyT37KiY

Do Gonzo's combo, then get them off stage. There is no way a Fox should live against Kirby offstage. Other than that, space yourself right and your feet outdo his. And you can blaster spam better than he can 'cause of Kirby's height.

I agree with Gonzo, though, this should go in a help thread, you don't need another thread.

Top Bottom