• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox can jab infinite Sheik into oblivion

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
No, you read the title right. Fox can still jab people across the stage (Or Sheik in this case since that's the important thing).

After being in the lab until 3:30 am, I got the crazy idea of trying Fox's jab infinite using only the tilt stick. To my surprise, I was dragging Sheik across Final Destination and the combo counter went higher than it normally would

Confused as I was, I tried doing the jab infinite again with the A button and it didn't work as it did with the tilt stick. My highest combo using the A button was about 4 or 5 hits

Then I tried doing the jab infinite again with the tilt stick but this time holding the control stick toward Sheik while doing it.

This was the result (See attached file)

Edit: I now have footage of the jab infinite in action

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
No, you read the title right. Fox can still jab people across the stage (Or Sheik in this case since that's the important thing).

After being in the lab until 3:30 am, I got the crazy idea of trying Fox's jab infinite using only the tilt stick. To my surprise, I was dragging Sheik across Final Destination and the combo counter went higher than it normally would

Confused as I was, I tried doing the jab infinite again with the A button and it didn't work as it did with the tilt stick. My highest combo using the A button was about 4 or 5 hits

Then I tried doing the jab infinite again with the tilt stick but this time holding the control stick toward Sheik while doing it.

I've never seen this before! Nice work! would you mind testing if you could get an up smash/f tilt/etc to register as well?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero

dude what, this is amazing, can you get a vid up?
how are you doing it with tilt stick, are you just doing the diagonal input for jabs on the cstick, are you moving at all or doing anything else in between the jabs, and is this happening at 0%?

arncakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
arncakes
Can you start the combo with the A button and then continue with the c-stick?

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
I've never seen this before! Nice work! would you mind testing if you could get an up smash/f tilt/etc to register as well?
I'll be testing around with later. I just slept for like 4 hours so yeah lol

Run and up smash I think is a good kill confirm since, you know, jab jab up smash
dude what, this is amazing, can you get a vid up?
how are you doing it with tilt stick, are you just doing the diagonal input for jabs on the cstick, are you moving at all or doing anything else in between the jabs, and is this happening at 0%?
I will try. I don't have a capture card and I'm not exactly a video creator so I'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

Yeah, I'm flicking my thumb across diagonally back and forth to input the jabs. While I'm doing so I'm holding forward toward Sheik with the control stick.

I've yet to test what's the lowest percentages it can consistently work on. I was tired after staying up super late at night lol

Can you start the combo with the A button and then continue with the c-stick?
I will test that very soon. I didn't get to do so a couple hours ago because it was SUPER late and I was tired lol

Last edited:

S-Critical

Smash Cadet
NNID
SSB2187
I'm testing this out right now. It does seem possible that you can do this infinite using A and teh analog stick, but you need really good timing, as your jab can register as an ftilt if you do not let go of it quickly enough. What makes it possible is that doing jab with teh c-stick will count as a jab and not a tilt. So even if you are walking, the walk will cancel with the jab. Pretty interesting stuff.

Also, I noticed that you can't jab as fast using the c-stick if you push the c-stick all the way into one of the corners. I managed to do it much faster (nearly like mashing A) if I pushed it partially in any diagonal direction). Maybe we can find a way to do it consistently, then,

Oh, and Luke, I got a game capture, so if I do replicate it, I got some footage for it so everyone can see it.

EpicSonicLatios

Smash Apprentice
This is actually the same thing as link's infinite, which got patched out. I would be weary of spreading this information like crazy because it might get fox a jab IASA nerf or something, and he already has trouble pulling off jab>grab, jab>utilt compared to how easy it used to be. Idk, I'm probably just paranoid.

JesusMorpheus

Smash Cadet
NNID
omar0320
3DS FC
1435-4404-0742
I've been messing around with this for about an hour or so. I feel that if we space it correctly at about 90%, instead of down smash at the ledge, we opt for tipper down tilt to set up for an up air. What do you guys think?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Question: can Sheik DI or SDI out of it? Reason for question:
This is actually the same thing as link's infinite, which got patched out. I would be weary of spreading this information like crazy because it might get fox a jab IASA nerf or something, and he already has trouble pulling off jab>grab, jab>utilt compared to how easy it used to be. Idk, I'm probably just paranoid.
Even Ryu's light Utilt lock can be SDI'd out of, but in most cases, a Ryu wouldn't lock you for too long and would rather get some percent to guarantee a Shoryuken kill. Link's jab lock was panic patched since the developers know how to DI and SDI stuff - they freaking made the game. Problem is if players do which they probably do since some people just mash stuff and that might be enough to get them out at lower levels of play. Developers assuming players are morons or going with their overreacting more or less lead Link's jab being somewhat butchered and the game "lying" us since an in-game tip said you could go for jab mixups which you can't really do with jab 1 now, but jab 2 can still lead into Up or Down Smash. Also, Link's jab lock lead to some degenerate play where Link players, especially cookie cutters, just went for that and ignored the fact Link has other moves and could confirm jab 2 into other moves.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
You should be able to DI/SDI out of it but then the Sheik player would still be in prime position to be combo'd by follow ups

If you get UpTilt strings you can turnaround/perfect pivot jab infinite them

Obviously, you most likely won't get nearly as much strings as I did in the video but racking up damage with free 2-5 strings with guaranteed follow ups is really, really good.

And if you get this at higher percents, the jab strings can lead into kill confirms like:
jab jab > Upsmash
jab jab > tipper DTilt > Uair
jab jab > perfect pivot UpTilt > Uair
jab jab > Fsmash or DSmash (If you managed to drag them to the edge and they try to jump back on)

Normally, to get these jab kill confirms you would be looking for them at around 90% or so but the jab strings make it so you can get them starting the 70% range. The FSmash one kills Sheik very early

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I labbed it as well, Sheik can (and could when the jab lock was around) escape by SDIing. Nice find!

At the very least, this isn't as brain dead as pre-patch. It's difficult to get used to jabbing with C-stick and your timing needs to be spot on.

Last edited:

Nubber

Smash Cadet
Chalice hit me up and I'll show you how to do it with out the c stick. I been doing it for months.
Never considered it special because Larry lurr does it still but he uses it the way I do and throws in a follow up randomly between 2 jabs and 5. I use it a lot for d tilt tippers or forward smash kills depending on my opponents habits. But I have months of replays with me using this with just the a button and joystick.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Chalice hit me up and I'll show you how to do it with out the c stick. I been doing it for months.
Never considered it special because Larry lurr does it still but he uses it the way I do and throws in a follow up randomly between 2 jabs and 5. I use it a lot for d tilt tippers or forward smash kills depending on my opponents habits. But I have months of replays with me using this with just the a button and joystick.
Well can you put up one of those replays? I find it hard to believe there's no other footage of this out there's post patch so unless I see footage then I'm afraid I cannot believe you

Nubber

Smash Cadet
watch Larry Lurr play at genesis. my replays don't show my controllers so i cant prove i didn't use c stick for it. i was just informing you its possible. i don't care if you believe me or not honestly.

https://youtu.be/Ane6wR8gH8s?t=3m5s ( this is larry doing it 2 months ago verse zero btw)

(and if you care to notice di makes the difference and that's why i said 2 to 5 hits)

Last edited:

Tondo

Smash Rookie
In this video Larry simply did a jab-jab>swet jabjab. That's bit different.
Btw, this tech seems pretty new to me, and its a very nice find, but also seems really hard to master. :v I have difficult to made only a simple jabjab with cstick.

Last edited:

JWade

Smash Rookie
As much as I hate to sound like an idiot saying this, can someone upload a video including controller? I just can't figure this out for the life of me.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
I dont understand how can you jab with the C stick? Do you need to change your button configuration or something to do this or what am I missing?

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
As much as I hate to sound like an idiot saying this, can someone upload a video including controller? I just can't figure this out for the life of me.
I could do that soon

I dont understand how can you jab with the C stick? Do you need to change your button configuration or something to do this or what am I missing?
Set your C Stick to Attack. Hit it diagonally in any direction to Jab. If you do it in the air you can do a Nair

elmike

Smash Apprentice
is this still working with the new patch?

Last edited:
Top Bottom