• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fox approach on kirby

D1ce

Smash Rookie
Having a tough time approaching on a kirby with fox.
Kirby's hitboxes seem to counter most of foxes approaches.

Is there any way?(besides countering kirby's approaches)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Fair is a pretty good move vs a kirby in the air.

If you're trying to avoid an utilty kirby, i think fox's dtilt out range's kirby's utilt? If it doesn't, I just wanna say that's pretty ****ed up. But yea that can work. Or just mix up your fastfall timing so they don't land the utilt. For example, when dropping from above kirby in a slowfall, a lot of kirby's will throw out an utilt once you get to a certain height, because they expect you to start fastfalling. If you wait for that utilt you can then fastfall on top of them in between utilts with the move of your choice. And if that doesn't bate them into an utilt, just double jump away and you're safe.

Those are just some ideas. The biggest thing that will help you I think is to somehow keep the kirby player guessing. If he can time an utilt perfectly when you approach then no you can't win. Which means you have to get him to mistime it somehow. Move quickly, don't fall into any patterns, and strike when you think he's off his game.

SilentShottt

Smash Cadet
Fox jab on kirby utilt creates free attack for fox

Punishing recoveries with double jump bair is a decent option

Dash attack and ftilt are good neutral game options

Middish percent KOs: hit a weak nair / fair into usmash on grounded Kirby

High percent KO: hit a reverse fair into usmash on grounded kirby

The Star King

Smash Hero
Dairing is good cuz Kirby is short and sometimes short hop fair won't hit fast enough

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Maybe i just see what i want to see. My new goal in life is to approach a kirby with a pivot reverse usmash

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Bait out kirby's attacks, it's pretty much the whole match. A lot of kirby players WILL be aggressive because they know the little **** is easymode broken. It's be patient or take up Mario, I have a lot easier time playing against tilt **** with mario because of his dair and projectile. Good kirby players will simply duck Fox's lasers.

tl;dr dont get hit, dont drop combos or you're gettin kirby's cute shoes up your butthole.

The Star King

Smash Hero
play around utilt

dair is actually good approach in this MU, although it's hard to explain how in text

rpotts

Smash Lord
play around utilt

dair is actually good approach in this MU, although it's hard to explain how in text
I agree, when you can get a kirby facing towards you might have short opening betweens utilts or you may catch them dash dancing. The problem for me is how horribly dair trades with uptilt; they'll get out of tumble before you can tech, even at low percents, meaning you'll eat 5 more utilts

Last edited:
Top Bottom