• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox a good 2ndary for a marth main?

AS Money

Smash Lord
it may work for you but my fox blows it can shine and that is IT

and you also have to think can you effectively go from marth to fox in toruny with out a warm up match with fox

fatninja64

Smash Rookie
If you can use him well fox is always a good backup char. But I think that your secondary should always be someone who you can play with a level of skill comparable to your main. So if fox is that char. then use him, but if it's like doc or somebody you should use them. No matter how broken a char. is, it doesn't matter if you can't exploit their abilities.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
You could always learn the matchup with Marth rather than have to rely on a different character to deal with Sheik.

Marthpaladin

Smash Rookie
Interesting. One of the reason I had Fox as my secondary was to fight Sheik. I had to spend some days to work on Fox alone to make him compareable to my Marth tho. Depending on how dedicated u r, Fox can be a good choice or a bad one. Falco is a great option if u choose not to stick with Fox because he is one of the easier characters to use IMO.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
I think Fox is a pretty good secondary for a Marth main, I only use him to take out Shiek and Samus. Shiek > Marth imo so yeah, and Samus is just too dang floaty for Marth to combo but that floatyness is what Fox can use to his advantage.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Fox is a very technical character and hard to pick up, but it's a really good idea. With all of the advance techniques you'll need to practice to be good with fox you'll definetly improve your marth. You'll definetly find Fox's rythym to be a lot faster than Marth's and it may be hard to make the mental switch between the two when you're nervous so practice until playing Fox is not just a secondary, but equal to Marth (who you'll still say you main simply because you like him).

Ipwn

Smash Apprentice
Main.. That is your main character.. who you will play in all the matchups you will win with equal skill.
Secondary.. If the main matchups are not in your advantage.. pick the character vs who you will be then..

I didn't choose it like that.. I liked speed.. so i choose Fox/Cfalcon/Marth/Sheik
XD i have alotta mains.. Only for the combo potential or for the speed.

Btw. If you choose a main.. try to master one point.. like mindgames .. or Hit and run
IF you totaly masterd one .. go to another..

Mar~

Smash Apprentice

Last edited:
Top Bottom