• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox 3.0

1MachGO

Smash Ace
It is a shame that there isn't a value chart for character traits as I believe that certain traits are more valuable than others and that falling speed is by far the most significant.
This is an immense guilt trip lol. I need to finish updating that stupid thread

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
I will say one of the most hilarious and satisfying things to do as Fox is killing someone off the side with Up smash and up air. I laugh every time in tournament. I know it's not that funny but people always expect them to star ko so when they die of the side it's like blasphemy.

Incenetum

Smash Cadet
I have no experience at playing as Fox at all, but I think his lasers now have knockback. I don't know if this is supposed to be in PM, if it was in Melee, etc. but I was just spamming lasers at Mario in training, and he moved across FD in the time it took my finger to get a blister. Could any of you Foxes use this in any way at all?
Edit: If anyone knew this was in, what version was it put in? Also, I'm using 3.02 Wifi-Safe, in case that has anything to do with it.

Last edited:

Nemiak temp

Smash Apprentice
I have no experience at playing as Fox at all, but I think his lasers now have knockback. I don't know if this is supposed to be in PM, if it was in Melee, etc. but I was just spamming lasers at Mario in training, and he moved across FD in the time it took my finger to get a blister. Could any of you Foxes use this in any way at all?
Edit: If anyone knew this was in, what version was it put in? Also, I'm using 3.02 Wifi-Safe, in case that has anything to do with it.
This should not happen. However if the Mario was shielding and moved across FD then that is normal. Foxes' lasers have no knockback but they do cause shield pushback.

Incenetum

Smash Cadet
No, the Mario wasn't shielding. It took like 5 minutes to happen of constant laser spam to move even a decent amount. I don't know.
That was about 30 minutes ago ^ I just tried laser spam, and now it did nothing. I honestly don't know why this happened. Glitch or just a weird one time occurrence are my best guesses.

Edit: Sorry for the ****ty quality, and the fact that I never explained what percent the Mario was at, but I have a video of it now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F66zvwaQR5E

Last edited:

dRevan64

Smash Journeyman
No, the Mario wasn't shielding. It took like 5 minutes to happen of constant laser spam to move even a decent amount. I don't know.
That was about 30 minutes ago ^ I just tried laser spam, and now it did nothing. I honestly don't know why this happened. Glitch or just a weird one time occurrence are my best guesses.

Edit: Sorry for the ****ty quality, and the fact that I never explained what percent the Mario was at, but I have a video of it now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F66zvwaQR5E
It probably has something to do with the training mode AI, like it's inputting walk for a frame every time it's hit for some reason.

Incenetum

Smash Cadet
It probably has something to do with the training mode AI, like it's inputting walk for a frame every time it's hit for some reason.
Yep, that appears to be the case. My proof? After a whole 20 seconds of blasting a Mario in a regular match which I had "controlled" by a spare controller, it didn't move. As you can clearly see, I am very M2K like with my data gathering.

Top Bottom