• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox 1.11 Changelog

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Welp, tested 1.1.0 on the 3DS right before updating and I got 9%. Maybe my 3DS was special or something, and Sakurai blessed it so D-throw did 9%.
Huh.

Any possibility that Dthrow had a 2% buff in 1.0.9-1.1.0 that was subsequently removed or sumthin?

Or maybe it is character dependent like F FamouslyUnknown said. I only tried on Sheik :/

FamouslyUnknown

Smash Rookie
Can confirm, on pre patch 3ds and post patch Wii u. On some characters on pre patch, down throw did 9% like bowser Yoshi and Ness. While it does 7% to others like Mario and shulk. On post patch Wii U, everyone receives 7%.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I think the shield changes are overall a buff for fox because he had the hardest time among top tiers of actually dealing with people sitting in shield.

Like it was obviously beatable because you can bait an OoS option or grab or whatever, but his grab reward was a tonne lower than other characters, so with shields worse (and thus grabs less useful) fox's overall effectiveness goes up.

Plus RIP Luigi lmao.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I think the shield changes are overall a buff for fox because he had the hardest time among top tiers of actually dealing with people sitting in shield.
Dunno man, to be fair MANY characters got advantage from this change so I'd say it's not really changing anything...

Besides we already have 2 characters that got a shield-breaking not combo, but move, one single move.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Dunno man, to be fair MANY characters got advantage from this change so I'd say it's not really changing anything...
Sure it benefits more characters then fox, but did those characters have crazy strengths that are balanced out by a weakness to people sitting in shield?
A change that directly helps address a big weakness in a character definitely helps that character a lot more than it would for other characters even if they technically got the same buff.

D

Deleted member 269706

This was kind of an accidental discovery (and I haven't checked to see if anyone else has posted it), but if you FireFox on someone's shield it practically breaks it. It's not a guaranteed break unless there's already some damage done to the shield, but it gets it very close to the break. If the opponent shields for any more time than necessary, the shield will break. Dunno if there's any real applications to this, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
This was kind of an accidental discovery (and I haven't checked to see if anyone else has posted it), but if you FireFox on someone's shield it practically breaks it. It's not a guaranteed break unless there's already some damage done to the shield, but it gets it very close to the break. If the opponent shields for any more time than necessary, the shield will break. Dunno if there's any real applications to this, but it's interesting nonetheless.
The concept of this has been known since before the patch. Question though, is the opponent able to drop shield between the last hit of charging (2%) and when Fox dashes (14%)?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero

this gives me a goocl mixup idea...

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I'm sure we can agree that it was character dependent before 1.1.1 whether it did 7% or 9%, I mean: Why would they change the move around if it still does the same damage? Testing it on only one character is irrelevant.

EDIT: Finally, I have some proof of this, this is from a set at xanadu: gfycat.com/PrestigiousTerrificKagu

Last edited:
Top Bottom