• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox 1.11 Changelog

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Apparently someone 'noticed' that blaster damage is down from 2.0 to 1.5%, but I did some testing, thats not true.
They were talking about the throw lasers in particular, which is most likely true considering the source, but in my quick testing I noticed something.

Turns out blaster damage is dependant on distance traveled, the closer you are when you shoot the laser, the more damage they take, was this already known?

NeoRed

Smash Cadet
Apparently someone 'noticed' that blaster damage is down from 2.0 to 1.5%, but I did some testing, thats not true.
They were talking about the throw lasers in particular, which is most likely true considering the source, but in my quick testing I noticed something.

Turns out blaster damage is dependant on distance traveled, the closer you are when you shoot the laser, the more damage they take, was this already known?
Yeah it was already known. I haven't noticed any changes in Fox's damage data..

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I haven't noticed anything: attacks all do the same damage, same combos still work, upsmash still has weirdly too much endlag, illusion slightly off the ground still reduces lag.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Basically up , back, and down throw damage was nerfed. Lasers from just B is the same. Lasers from doing a throw do less damage

Or so I've been seeing

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
On my end, the throws are doing exactly the same damage as in 1.1.0.

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
Fox's down-throw was nerfed in terms of damage, pre-patch it used to do 9 total now it does 7 total. i think there was a bug that made it do more damage than intended before.

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
at least it's not anything huge. Is everything else still the same?

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
at least it's not anything huge. Is everything else still the same?
Pretty much still the same character. Fox shoots 4 lasers total in his down throw, each doing 1.5 damage (% values on enemies after each hit were 1,3,4,6) then they got pushed away taking one damage. I played the game in 1/4 Hold Speed.

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
ok cool. That's great to hear. tbh i'm kinda surprised his up air stayed the same.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
No one notice his jab doesn't send people upwards anymore (at any distance?)

o.o''

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Would that be of use?

I'm kind of annoyed about the nerfs, Fox doesn't need any of those.
With the vertical KB jab 2 had before, you could jab jab upsmash and do other neat things (one of the more gimmicky being jab jab footstool)

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
With the vertical KB jab 2 had before, you could jab jab upsmash and do other neat things (one of the more gimmicky being jab jab footstool)
I remember jab>jab>usmash, but I haven't used it anymore as I thought the knockback increased ended that. I guess this was the nail in the coffin for this combo. Why Sakurai? Sheik, on the other hand, is untouched.

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
No one notice his jab doesn't send people upwards anymore (at any distance?)

o.o''
Are you sure they changed his jabs so there's no more vertical knockback? I tested it out earlier today and didn't notice any changes to the sweetspot/sourspot properties of jab 2. I'm in class now so I can't actively test it right now.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Are you sure they changed his jabs so there's no more vertical knockback? I tested it out earlier today and didn't notice any changes to the sweetspot/sourspot properties of jab 2. I'm in class now so I can't actively test it right now.
Fox's jab is exactly the same, the second jab still pops up if you hit with the tip of it.

Did fox's d-throw really get nerfed? http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/fox here it has it as doing 7% since 1.0.4

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Oh.

Apparently its just infinitely harder to tipper jab shulk than like, anyone else.

Aight.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
It's always done 7% total and Fox only shoots three lasers, as far as 1.1.0 Fox goes. Does he shoot 4 now, or still three?

Either way, the damage is 1.5%, so the damage will likely be close to 7% in the end.

I'm no so sure this is a nerf either: if damage has been truly decreased, you should be able to combo more characters off d-throw and at more %s.

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
It's always done 7% total and Fox only shoots three lasers, as far as 1.1.0 Fox goes. Does he shoot 4 now, or still three?

Either way, the damage is 1.5%, so the damage will likely be close to 7% in the end.

I'm no so sure this is a nerf either: if damage has been truly decreased, you should be able to combo more characters off d-throw and at more %s.
I literally played 1.1.0 this morning before updating and D-throw did 9%. The D-throw > Fair > Uair in 1.1.0 did 32% total, and the same combo now does 30% in 1.1.1

I believe he always shot 4 lasers but they did 2% each in 1.1.0

Last edited:

Ghostbone

Smash Master
So somewhere between 1.0.4 and now they gave d-throw an extra laser but the lasers still did 2%, and this patch they just changed the damage back to 1.0.4 levels by reducing the damage of each laser by 25%

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
So somewhere between 1.0.4 and now they gave d-throw an extra laser but the lasers still did 2%, and this patch they just changed the damage back to 1.0.4 levels by reducing the damage of each laser by 25%
I guess so? I'm not complaining, since I hear that the game had some mechanic changes where there's more shield hitstun now. I feel this change benefits Fox greatly since we barely go for grabs and kick people and whatnot. I think it's koo

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Checked larry's games from last patch, d-throw did 8%, which means that it did slightly more than 7% due to fresh bonus + some decimal weirdness.

I don't think it ever did 9%?

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Nope, he hadn't used any other throws either that stock if the staling for throw laser is shared between them or something weird idk.

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
Nope, he hadn't used any other throws either that stock if the staling for throw laser is shared between them or something weird idk.
Okay, this is really weird. I'm seeing during his set vs Tearbear at SSS (fairly sure it's patch 1.1.0) that D-throw did 7% total, shooting 3 lasers. Tearbear was at 7% when he was throw, and he went to 9 > 11 > 13 > 14%.

BUT, when I did D-throw this morning before updating, the value I got was 9% (2 > 4 > 6 >8 > 9) from 0, and Fox shot 4 lasers.

Can we safely assume that sometime between 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 there was a ghost patch that made Fox's D-throw do 9% or something?

Ghostbone

Smash Master
If you can find video evidence of it ever doing 9% then I'll assume it's not just you remembering wrong :p

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
If you can find video evidence of it ever doing 9% then I'll assume it's not just you remembering wrong :p
I'll see if anything in the past 2-3 days with Fox shows up where his D-throw did 9%. Because this morning, I clearly remember seeing that it did 9%, and I had my morning coffee so I wasn't seeing things either.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I'll see if anything in the past 2-3 days with Fox shows up where his D-throw did 9%. Because this morning, I clearly remember seeing that it did 9%, and I had my morning coffee so I wasn't seeing things either.
I have my 3DS that ran out of space right before the DJC patch and as far as I've checked, it does 7%. :/

Also, yeah. Shieldstun increased. Discuss.

M@v

Subarashii!
I heard about the shield stun increase. We 64 now? But jokes aside, it should be interesting. Big House is running 1.1 so I won't get my hands on the new patch until I'm back from that.

Last edited:

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
I have my 3DS that ran out of space right before the DJC patch and as far as I've checked, it does 7%. :/

Also, yeah. Shieldstun increased. Discuss.
Welp, tested 1.1.0 on the 3DS right before updating and I got 9%. Maybe my 3DS was special or something, and Sakurai blessed it so D-throw did 9%.

colinies

Smash Cadet
NNID
CoLiNieS
So the new Shield Stun stuff is interesting, how big is that for us? I imagine its nice because of D-air!

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
So the new Shield Stun stuff is interesting, how big is that for us? I imagine its nice because of D-air!
It's nice for us, but I believe the new mechanic went way to overboard. Shield pressure is TOO GOOD right now not just for us, but for all characters. I really hope they at least tone it down to a middle ground where it's between 1.1.0 and 1.1.1

I've seen Roy players just spam D-tilt and break an opponents Shield because they couldn't drop it, Lucario's Aura Sphere charge even touching your shield = shieldbreak = death, and more.

Edit: Can someone test if Fox D-airs on an opponents shield, if the opponent is capable of dropping shield?

Last edited:

FamouslyUnknown

Smash Rookie
It's nice for us, but I believe the new mechanic went way to overboard. Shield pressure is TOO GOOD right now not just for us, but for all characters. I really hope they at least tone it down to a middle ground where it's between 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 I've seen Roy players just spam D-tilt and break an opponents Shield because they couldn't drop it, Lucario's Aura Sphere charge even touching your shield = shieldbreak = death, and more. Edit: Can someone test if Fox D-airs on an opponents shield, if the opponent is capable of dropping shield?
It's nice for us, but I believe the new mechanic went way to overboard. Shield pressure is TOO GOOD right now not just for us, but for all characters. I really hope they at least tone it down to a middle ground where it's between 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 I've seen Roy players just spam D-tilt and break an opponents Shield because they couldn't drop it, Lucario's Aura Sphere charge even touching your shield = shieldbreak = death, and more. Edit: Can someone test if Fox D-airs on an opponents shield, if the opponent is capable of dropping shield?
I don't how that accidentally got posted sorry. On mobile. Anyways just tested pre patch down throw and it used to he do 9% and 7%. But its character dependent. Only tried on few characters but It did 9% to Yoshi and Bowser and 7% to Falco, Falcon and Shulk. So it might be a character bug that they fixed

Last edited by a moderator:

Foster J.

Smash Ace

According to SilentDoom it's something like this. I feel this actually works against us at times, due to Fox's fast paced run up and punish game you can't just take Ike's Fsmash and do that anymore due to the shieldstun

Last edited:

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
It's a double-edges sword in my head for now. I play Fox aggressively and this helps for my style. But building on Foster's point d, the heavy hitters can get Fox out of there even quicker or at least not get punished for their attempts.

DJTengen

Smash Rookie
NNID
PowerUpBoo
So has anyone found out if the added shield stun benefits any of our moves? I'm guessing it could help with our shield pressure with Down-Air and maybe with a combination of Up-Tilt, but I'm doubting myself on that last part. Either way though, has anyone confirmed any more new benefits besides our aggressive playstyle in general being buffed?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oh shi-

fox players fromb brawl days, do you guys remember the deluxe sunshine combo?
if link can do this https://twitter.com/gazer2014/status/649222545107873793/video/1
surely we can find a new deluxe sunshine combo!!!

Also this may end up being a huge buff to fox.
Think about it, at high level fox's (imo) biggest weakness was not really having any good reliable ways to deal with shield, your opponent sits in shield and you cant get kills, all you can do is grab which leads to nothing mostly.
If we now have ways to pressure and break shield, that helps alleviate one of foxes biggest, if not the biggest, weakness's.

Top Bottom