• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Found a glitch

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Hey there, I dont visit this board very often and i didnt see a post all glitches found here thread (which i think does merit its own theard for a character like ICs) but I would like to share a glitch I found with ICs the other day in a friendly.

If a opponent grabs NaNa and at the same time PoPo does his side B attack NaNa will get out of the grab. However there is something strange that happens afterwards and has alot of unique properties after the grab.

First off the opponent will be still in the grab animation seemingly holding on to nothing. NaNa is still following PoPo but is in the grab animation. The opponent can do a throw and NaNa will fly in the normal trajectory but just if a different spot (hopfully I drew that picture well enough)

There is something else that comes from this. If you hit the opponent that grabbed NaNa NaNa will be placed right on PoPo and slightly hovering above the ground. The A.I. for NaNa attempts to double jump but it does nothing, after the double jump is used she will use UpB but will not move again and just go into fall special. If the opponent hits NaNa during this fall special she will attempt to UpB again which basicly makes NaNa completely useless.

However if you get KO'd with NaNa in this state, when they respawn on that light platform she will appear not to be there, but in fact she is right perfectly on top of PoPo and the next stock after that instead of her positioning just a little bit away from PoPo she will be direction on top of PoPo and it really looks like a Single Ice Climber. This Makes pretty much any attack you have both Ice Climbers Hit at the same time. The Chain grabs with them also are more difficult to do but still seem possible.

Sorry if this is already known but as I said I dont visit this board often.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
....what the ****? i understood it (i think). you'd think something this big would have been found by now.....

nonetheless, cool

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Might test if it works, sounds like a new form of the freezeglitch animation error back in melee, vid?

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Well yes except NaNa is the one getting "frozon"

Ill see if i can get some vids up, but tbh it is really easy to recreate.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
just watched it again. so somehow nana can 'teleport' the opponent through the stage if she's hit/thrown/whatever?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i think we are witnessing the birth of a new 'Freeze Glitch'... if a nana footstool in this state can drop a character through a stage, just imagine the possibilities.... but according to majik0722's description, the opponent has to initiate it... we need to run tests on this. find the mechanics and learn how to abuse... uh... 'use' it to our advantage. BANNED TECHNIQUE!!!

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
This is just crazy, it can lead to not only just the possibilites of this tactic, but many others combined with this, kinda like the black hole glitch in melee, many glitches were combined to create it. (this would be for fun and competitive play). You could easily trick your clueless opponent into activating it, and anyone can tell, its obviously can and will be broken (just by looking at that when nana footstools the opponent he/she is teleported to a random location.)

Also, if tests are run, the mechanics behind this will be very helpful to hacking brawl. For example I will now probably be able to make a code for orcarnia that can make it so you can teleport the opponent anywhere you want with the push of a button.

Top Bottom