• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward vs AlphaZealot

Tiersie

Smash Ace
First thing I noticed. Hey I've never heard this song?

Second thing I noticed. Forward Plays Pit wut?

Third thing I noticed. Ah a campy Pit.

Really good vids. You have a cool pit and even though you really don't play in the same style as I do I still enjoyed watching them.

EDIT: I only noticed at the second game the song was taped over. Is it really KK rider's? I don't assume so?

QUIVO

Smash Master
lol you have to play campy vs alpha zealot, otherwise you're going to eat bananas the entire match.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Well yea he camped the ledge alot, but if Alpha's just gonna keep chasing him while Forward's off the ledge, he might as well. Plus approaching a Diddy is pretty stupid. If it were me, I'd of stayed on stage and shot arrows, then fought close up once Diddy got into Pit's range. I play with Nynja, a good Diddy in Kansas (Beat M2K in pools =D) so I have decent experience with the match up.

But Forward's style for the match up worked just fine. Do what you can to win. That's what Forward did. That's why he won. Simple as that.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
forward has a really nice Pit. One thing I notice is that forward manages to use angel ring once in a while without getting severely punished most of the time, often using the AR lunge effect to his advantage and to his opponent's surprise. Not a lot of Pits use AR that often from what I see.

He's able to switch gears very quickly and effectively. One moment he's on the ledge and the next he's sending his opponent off the ledge and gimping.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
forward has a really nice Pit. One thing I notice is that forward manages to use angel ring once in a while without getting severely punished most of the time.
I noticed that too. He uses the side-b in a way I've never seen another Pit use it before. It's quite effective too. I think I'll go watch how he was doing it more and try to incoperate it into my style.

Sorry to jack your move Forward. You're just too good lol. And if you don't mind me asking, why were you playing Pit? Last I heard you'd been trying Snake out in Brawl, jw

forward

Smash Champion
I was playing Pit when I first got the game. He was the first character you play in adventure mode and I liked his style. His aerials are fast so he has lots of freedom to attack, and the arrows are a fun projectile. I've played him since the beginning, but I also picked up snake because I'm a metal gear fan. The combination of the two is good, because all the matches I have problems with for Pit, I do well with Snake.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
The combination of the two is good, because all the matches I have problems with for Pit, I do well with Snake.
Snake indeed is a good secondary for Pit mains to balance match-ups. I think that Marth and Pit also go along quite nicely, as Pit can deal with Snake and Dedede more easily than Marth can. Meta Knight is really the only problem, even as Snake in my experience.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Anyone have any idea what Diddy can do to get around Pit's edge camping? I was trying things like edge canceled kicks and stuff but really I'm at a loss.

Aside from levels, what can help?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I, like most people have very little experience fighting good Diddys. Pit has a pretty bad edge-game against characters with Fast Up-Bs and Magnet Hands. Marth, Samus, G&W, Peach, ect... However as you know Diddy rewrites how the game is played in many ways. I typically avoid giving Diddy advice since I have no idea. So yeah... Try to out camp him on the opposite edge? Hope he gets bored enough to approach you? lol Again, no idea.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Toss a banana down on him, then fallow with a dair or bair as the banana should knock him away if you time it right and add close to enough hit stun and knock him far enough back to get the dair or bair. But this is all theroycraft so im not sure.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure giving AZ any advice on how to use Diddy to stop Pit would be pointless. AZ is fully aware of what to do with Diddy. I'm pretty sure he's fishing for some unknown weakness in Pit's edgegame. Something unforeseeable to a Diddy main.

All I can say is that Pit can't grab the edge easily. Most Pits initiate their WoI near the edge so the game acknowledges their proximity to the edge. If Pit is in the middle of a midair jump or something he won't be able to grab again until his wings stop moving. Same principle as other characters, however Pit has sucky DI and Melee Zelda-like midair jumps. His aerial maneuverability is deplorable near the edge.

Coffee™

I need it....
To be honest I don't think there is much a Diddy can really do to an edge camping Pit. Trying to throw a Banana, shooting Peanuts and trying to stage spike Bair is about the best options Diddys got for the job and its not going to be effective against a Pit that knows what hes doing off the edge.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Awesome stuff Forward. I was laughing my *** off at the end of round 2 with the footstool jump own.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
He should continue to use Pit, and I can learn some points from him and others.

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
Being that my play style is similar to Forward's (I used to be a Falco main too! Just a throw-in...), I can give some advice. Being that I also play online a LOT, I have faced many different styles of people trying to edge-gimp me as I WoI edge stall. Thus, tips for DiK against a Pit who WoI stalls the ledge (fast fall, jump and immediately WoI. WoI below the ledge. You want to WoI up towards the ledge.) are throwing bananas at the right angle, shoot peanuts, and down-smash and down-tilt the ledge continuously.

Your down-tilt has lots of range and a large hitbox (look at the PURDY colorz!). Other put-offs are lag causing me to overshoot a stall and having my head above the ledge letting me take Ike's forward-smash, literally, head-on (sometimes the wing shove just isn't enough to keep em back far enough :p).

You'd be surprised how many kills you steal when you WoI edge stall to get FOOTSTOOLS and wing-shove people who are only a foot from regrabbing the ledge. Also, maneuver the control stick to do a backwards wing jump (a "second" jump, I call it a wing jump to differ from any other kind of jump because he uses his WINGS) towards the ledge and bair. If you execute it properly, you can regrab the ledge and really give a nasty bite to that Ike who has come up one step too close. What's annoying is, online, slow connections and conditioned slow reaction times make me fly into, for example, an Ike's forward-smash often when I try to ledge hop Uair or arrow.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
haha AZ the only thing i can think of to take care of a ledge camping pit is a steady stream of peanuts at the right angle, seems elementary, but it stops the pit from coming up and getting off an arrow, the most he can do is a WoI stall, and seeing as your peanut stream is much simpler to keep up then his WoI ledge stall, he will probably mess up first haha

you prolly already know this but dont try a banana right on the ledge so easy to hop up and airdodge grab it

Top Bottom