• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fortress hogging?

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Is it still possible to perform in brawl? I don't think I've seen any videos showing bowser doing this in any brawl videos.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
So it's possible, just not necessary anymore, seeing how everyone just floats right over your head.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Doesnt walking off the ledge make you auto-hog it now? I'm a bit confused about that.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
I own the game now, I tried fortress hogging, I died every time. Better scratch this tech out.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
I've only been able to do it when Bowser was standing right on the edge (or really close to it) while facing the center of the stage. Doesn't seem really useful *shrug*

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^

to clarify a bit more, mroe my experience:

Can:
fortress-hog from the momentum AFTER the actual attack has finished

roll right to the edge and do it

Can't:
fortress hog while in the animation (even by angling control stick towards the stage to slow yourself--unless of course it ends up with the animation over before you leave the stage)

autofortress on inclined stages (as you coulf on booser story)

Top Bottom