• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Marth fans!

Okysho

Smash Ace
Hey all! I'm sure you've probably already had a topic like this, but I'm new here to the boards so maybe you can all fill me in. I was pretty up-to-date and the N-sider forums, but since they've been down, I've been a little behind.

Can anyone tell me what the situation is with Marth? I'm a huge Marth fan as you cna probably already tell, and personally I think that Marth may be unlockable, if not, then he'll be a starter character, especially since the Fire Emblem icon is the Falchion! I also know that a lot of people think that Ike will end up replaceing Marth because he's got blue hair, well I've got enough information to say that IT'S NOT TRUE! Marth is the main character of Fire Emblem like Samus is to Metroid! (How many other fire emblem series had attempted to make a full length anime series out of it?)

... ... ... Sory... didin't mean to seem biased... I just want to know what you all think!!

-_-()

xfootdoctor

Smash Cadet
not very likely

ike had probably replaced him I think

I don't think that there will be any clones
unless ike has a different moveset than marth which is probably going to happen
if marth has diff moves than probably he might comeback
I don't think roy should be in brawl
and pichu or ness, ylink, dr. mario, and falco<- my favorite character...but I gyuess he has to be out :D since it's pretty simalar to fox (no clones) g&w has to stay..he's like the first nintendo char

ganon needs different moves

AsILayDying

Smash Apprentice
well, as of ike being probably a heavy character, im kinda sure marth will stay since he is light lol XD i still prefer ike! i mean... he looks better and is teh strongzors
wait...
also how the hell!!! OMFG! plx ike wont be heavy cuz... i want black knight for brawl would be like link and ganon but ike and BKNIGHT! yeah

EPX2

Smash Ace
As you said, Marth is the face of Fire Emblem, so there's no way he's being replaced.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Simply put, Marth is a shoe-in. He has every possible reason an FE character could to be in - more than Ike does even. In addition to the fact that Marth has no reason to be removed, him being the first FE Lord and one of the series' most popular characters, being the star of the FE animated series, plus Ike's abilities being utterly different from his (look at some of the videos, and compare his confirmed special moves to Marth's from Melee - it leaves me puzzled as to how people could think hes replacing anyone), Marth has another game coming out.

At the same convention where Sonic was announced for Brawl, Fire Emblem DS was announced and confirmed to be a remake of Marth's first game (updated with some new things of course, such as a new character and online capability). Check out [thread=119881]this thread[/thread] for details. Seriously, if all the things Marth has going for him to begin with plus that doesn't convince people hes a shoe-in, they won't be convinced until hes updated or the game comes out.

Zevox

Okysho

Smash Ace
Simply put, Marth is a shoe-in. He has every possible reason an FE character could to be in - more than Ike does even. In addition to the fact that Marth has no reason to be removed, him being the first FE Lord and one of the series' most popular characters, being the star of the FE animated series, plus Ike's abilities being utterly different from his (look at some of the videos, and compare his confirmed special moves to Marth's from Melee - it leaves me puzzled as to how people could think hes replacing anyone), Marth has another game coming out.

At the same convention where Sonic was announced for Brawl, Fire Emblem DS was announced and confirmed to be a remake of Marth's first game (updated with some new things of course, such as a new character and online capability). Check out [thread=119881]this thread[/thread] for details. Seriously, if all the things Marth has going for him to begin with plus that doesn't convince people hes a shoe-in, they won't be convinced until hes updated or the game comes out.

Zevox
Are you serious?! I would buy a DS JUST FOR THAT GAME!! That's how much I love the FE3 story!

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I see no possible reason why Marth shouldn't be in Brawl. Ike is in no way a clone and I don't see why they think he will be.

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
I'm a big Marth fan and no longer somewhat doubting his return with the remake of FE on the DS which i can't wait for. The only lord to be in 3 FEs, was the original lord, good fan base. There should be no reason for him to be cut.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I'm glad to see not everyone has gone "Ike's in it! Marth who?" There seems to have been a massive increase in people saying that they mained Marth in Brawl, but now they hope/really think he's cut just because Ike's in it...

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Now that the marth game will be back for the DS..... I can safely say that he will be in in Brawl!.

He is not a thing from the past anymore. The problem was that Ike is the current lord of the FE saga.. but this new games means that they didnt forget about marth.

Developers must know that Marth was one of the most used players in the game, so taking him out now is pointless and silly.

Guys... Marth is in!.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Watch the Brawl videos with Ike. He is no Marth clone. I think you know what that means :)

Okysho

Smash Ace
I don't mean to be a downer, since I'm a huge Marth fan, but the DS game could just be an excuse for nintendo to say "Since Marth is in another game, we don't need him in brawl" I'm despirately hoping that's not the case... MARTH FOR BRAWL ****IT!!!!

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Zevox pretty much took the words out of my mouth. he's to popular and important to the series to be cut.
I hate repeating this.

POPULARITY.
DOESNT.
CONFIRM.
ANYTHING.

Also, saying Marth being the first king, automatic deserving to be in, is like saying this.

"Since Wario was the first real enemy of Mario, hes a shoe in! (He wasnt expected to be in, but then again, the WarioWare games explain for themselves...)"

Okysho

Smash Ace
I hate repeating this.

POPULARITY.
DOESNT.
CONFIRM.
ANYTHING.

Also, saying Marth being the first king, automatic deserving to be in, is like saying this.

"Since Wario was the first real enemy of Mario, hes a shoe in! (He wasnt expected to be in, but then again, the WarioWare games explain for themselves...)"
What are you smoking? Bowser (perviously called King Koopa) was Mario's first enemy!

Marth is to Fire Emblem like Samus is to Metroid! but with less games. and also

POPULARITY DOES CONFIRM SOMETHING!! THAT'S WHY MARTH WAS IN SMASH BROS IN THE FIRST PLACE! SAME WITH META KNIGHT! HE DOESN"T HAVE HIS OWN GAME! NEITHER DOES DIDDY KONG, ZELDA OR PEACH!! THEY'RE POPULAR!!!!!

'stabs with falchion'

MARTH HATER!!!

axemangx

Smash Champion
What are you smoking? Bowser (perviously called King Koopa) was Mario's first enemy!

Marth is to Fire Emblem like Samus is to Metroid! but with less games. and also

POPULARITY DOES CONFIRM SOMETHING!! THAT'S WHY MARTH WAS IN SMASH BROS IN THE FIRST PLACE! SAME WITH META KNIGHT! HE DOESN"T HAVE HIS OWN GAME! NEITHER DOES DIDDY KONG, ZELDA OR PEACH!! THEY'RE POPULAR!!!!!

'stabs with falchion'

MARTH HATER!!!
I'm no hater. I'm naming simple reasons why these phrases dont prove anything.

First of all, just point this out.
First of the series dont prove anything. Just cause he had a couple of games, doesnt prove that hes a shoe-in. And also, Meta-Knight WAS NOT. Meta-Knight was simple character representation, like how we got Wario and such. And he was only in Melee because he was VERY popular in Japan, which in my opinion, doesnt make sense since Sakurai needs to work with all of the world. Also, I'll give ol Ness as an example of new-class representation. Notice how Lucas is in, from the latest game? And hasnt Ike pretty much hinted that aswell?
Popularity does a tiny bit to the whole Smash theme. Last time I checked, Diddy has a WONDERFFFUL fanbase. (endsarcasm.com)

I'm no hater. I love Marth, his moveset is unique, and hes pretty good otherwise. But, you shouldnt be all fanboyish about him.

Okysho

Smash Ace
I'm no hater. I'm naming simple reasons why these phrases dont prove anything.

First of all, just point this out.
First of the series dont prove anything. Just cause he had a couple of games, doesnt prove that hes a shoe-in. And also, Meta-Knight WAS NOT. Meta-Knight was simple character representation, like how we got Wario and such. And he was only in Melee because he was VERY popular in Japan, which in my opinion, doesnt make sense since Sakurai needs to work with all of the world. Also, I'll give ol Ness as an example of new-class representation. Notice how Lucas is in, from the latest game? And hasnt Ike pretty much hinted that aswell?
Popularity does a tiny bit to the whole Smash theme. Last time I checked, Diddy has a WONDERFFFUL fanbase. (endsarcasm.com)

I'm no hater. I love Marth, his moveset is unique, and hes pretty good otherwise. But, you shouldnt be all fanboyish about him.
Ok so if you want to bring up WORLD popularity, since SSBMs release in the americas that then just opens up more doors for Marth since his popularity is quite large here in the americas in addition to his legion of support in Japan!

And if you want to bring out the argument of Ness and Lucas, I'm pretty sure that Lucas has a different moveset than Ness so why bother getting rid of either charcter in the first place (Marth and/orNess) if they bring their own twists and styles to the battlefield? The whole point of Brawl is Diversity and customization. There's no reason to shun there characters! Which is the main reason why the ice climbers remain! They were one of most thought characters to be removed, yet here they are!

The only thing Ike has hinted is that Fire Emblem is finally getting the recognition it deserves in the Americas.

And if you want to bring up Meta knight, I'm sorry but you're wrong, People love meta knight! Which is why he's in brawl! He's a sswift sword user who could kick all *** and poeple LOVE HIM! Hence his appearance!

Either way, you just agreed with me there that Marth made an appearance in Melee becuse of his popularity in Japan! It's only grown since then, in Both Japan and the Americas, so I don't think you can be so hyppocritical and saying that popularity means nothing.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Ok so if you want to bring up WORLD popularity, since SSBMs release in the americas that then just opens up more doors for Marth since his popularity is quite large here in the americas in addition to his legion of support in Japan!

And if you want to bring out the argument of Ness and Lucas, I'm pretty sure that Lucas has a different moveset than Ness so why bother getting rid of either charcter in the first place (Marth and/orNess) if they bring their own twists and styles to the battlefield? The whole point of Brawl is Diversity and customization. There's no reason to shun there characters! Which is the main reason why the ice climbers remain! They were one of most thought characters to be removed, yet here they are!

The only thing Ike has hinted is that Fire Emblem is finally getting the recognition it deserves in the Americas.

And if you want to bring up Meta knight, I'm sorry but you're wrong, People love meta knight! Which is why he's in brawl! He's a sswift sword user who could kick all *** and poeple LOVE HIM! Hence his appearance!

Either way, you just agreed with me there that Marth made an appearance in Melee becuse of his popularity in Japan! It's only grown since then, in Both Japan and the Americas, so I don't think you can be so hyppocritical and saying that popularity means nothing.
Never said Ness wouldnt be in. Just pointing out their different. Also, diversity. Swords are diverse.... right? We have... how many sword users? 5? I'm not shunning. Just naming reasons. Ice Climbers remained because they were unique as hell. What character has ... two people? And how many Ice Users do we have? Marth is just your averege huge-ranged sword user, just like most of everyone in the game. Meta-Knight was in for the popularity, but in my opinion, the real reason was because he was diverse, and he would add more representation for the Kirby series. I did not agree that Marth was in because of his popularity..

How am I being a hypocrite exactaly?

Okysho

Smash Ace
Never said Ness wouldnt be in. Just pointing out their different. Also, diversity. Swords are diverse.... right? We have... how many sword users? 5? I'm not shunning. Just naming reasons. Ice Climbers remained because they were unique as hell. What character has ... two people? And how many Ice Users do we have? Marth is just your averege huge-ranged sword user, just like most of everyone in the game. Meta-Knight was in for the popularity, but in my opinion, the real reason was because he was diverse, and he would add more representation for the Kirby series. I did not agree that Marth was in because of his popularity..

How am I being a hypocrite exactaly?
"Just cause he had a couple of games, doesnt prove that hes a shoe-in. And also, Meta-Knight WAS NOT. Meta-Knight was simple character representation, like how we got Wario and such. And he was only in Melee because he was VERY popular in Japan"

You agree with me right there that Marth was in Melee because of his popularity.

Having said that, you previously stated that popularity doesn't mean a thing.

You just contradicted yourself

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I might be wrong, but isn't Marth Fire emblem's Mario?
no, he is Fire Emlem's Cloud.
Ike is to Fire Emblem wat Terra and Cevil Harvey is to Final Fantasy (they are the main characters of FF VI and IV). Marth is to Fire Emblem wat Cloud, Squall, and Tidus are to Final Fantasy (stars of FF VII, VIII, and X/X-2). Roy is to Fire Emblem wat Viv is to Final Fantasy (FF IX).

Does that clear up things=???

And Ike is closer to Link then Marth, so Marth's chances are as good as Luigi's and Captain Falcon's as far as I'm concerned. Anyone who is positive he is gone need to be slapped at the update confirming him, because IT IS COMING! BE WARNED! ;)

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
I've been saying that so much. The Symbol is Marth's Sword o_o Why would he be taken out!? XD Also, I dont understand why people think Ike will fight similiar to Marth...>.> Same goes with Lucas and Ness =O

not very likely

ike had probably replaced him I think

I don't think that there will be any clones
unless ike has a different moveset than marth which is probably going to happen
if marth has diff moves than probably he might comeback
I don't think roy should be in brawl
and pichu or ness, ylink, dr. mario, and falco<- my favorite character...but I gyuess he has to be out :D since it's pretty simalar to fox (no clones) g&w has to stay..he's like the first nintendo char

ganon needs different moves
Ike actually plays completely different from Marth. Why would they replace a unique character?

I might be wrong, but isn't Marth Fire emblem's Mario?
Yes.

I hate repeating this.

POPULARITY.
DOESNT.
CONFIRM.
ANYTHING.

Then Smash Bros doesn't exist.

Because the whole game is a fan service.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Not to mention the FE stage in SSBB is not based on 1 game, but represents the series as a whole.

Marth went from "almost deconfirmed" to "guaranteed shoe-in". I love his new look in DS!

Nowfist

Smash Apprentice
Thats soo true, considdering he is featured in the DS Fire Emblem, he's another step closer to confirmed.
And to all who think Ike replaced Marth, noo, Ike is the brute and Marth is the speed.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Since when did remakes prove anything?
Because now he is not a thing of the past anymore. This is crucial considering that FE is set in many different universes. Plus you have:

-Popularity in the franchise
-Popular in SSBM
-An SSBB stage that represents the franchise as a whole

If popularity doesn't say anything to you, then Sonic would like to speak to you.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Its not about the remake as it is he's the first hero from the Fire Emblem series...
People are saying his remake boosts his chances. When was that true?

Also, Sonic was only in because he was the number 1# 3rd party wanted for Brawl. How do you explain why? Perhaps because they want Mario vs Sonic? Because Sonic needs a good game to be in? Because he'd be unique? He is popular for the SEGA games. He was one of the more POPULAR wanted ones in Brawl.

Marth fans cant get over it, now can they?

Next thing you know, Ike fanboys.

Top Bottom