• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For glory win ratio?

IblisTriggersPuppet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Oshawottfan33
3DS FC
4356-0745-3351
Mine is 75.0% I use dark pit

so far i'm 3-1 on 1v1 I just started tonight I should have won the match I lost though it was super close

Kodachi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GhOsT-KoDa
45% win :(
350 matches or so

Never really played brawl so this game style is new to me, but my last 50 games or so have been at the 60% and up margin, so i'm hoping I can get 75% or higher at some point.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Mine is just over 50% I think. It went down quickly and took a long time to build back up so I at least won more games than I lost in 1v1. I spent too much time sucking with Bowser Jr. Most of my wins came from Villager and Zelda.

I don't have the game yet, but i'm assuming mine will be around 85-95% win rate.
Well way to stay optimistic lol.

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
Pretty much garbage for me. I'm roughly around 60% at this point. Experimenting with characters too much. Sometimes I just flat out suck and just lose to obvious things that I really shouldn't lose to.

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
Online is not a good measure of how good someone is. I've lost numerous times because of BNF, ****ING BUTTON INPUT, lag, and noobs playing defensively and not playing the game properly.

Online is not a good measure of how good someone is. I've lost numerous times because of BNF, ****ING BUTTON INPUT, lag, and noobs playing defensively and not playing the game properly.
What does BNF and the way the other players play have to do with being online? Both can happen offline, and if you're good, you should be able to beat players no matter how they play. Also, I don't have the game so I don't know, but does online have a required button input? (since you listed that as a reason why online wasn't good)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

I still don't have my Wii U copy...but on 3DS I'm around 55% which is technically higher because my first 200 matches or so I barely knew what I was doing (my win ratio was around 20%). My past 100 matches win rate is around 70~% so it's up there. Slowly but surely improving to say the least.

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
What does BNF and the way the other players play have to do with being online? Both can happen offline, and if you're good, you should be able to beat players no matter how they play. Also, I don't have the game so I don't know, but does online have a required button input? (since you listed that as a reason why online wasn't good)
What I mean by input is that input doesn't register quickly. Offline, it's instant. Online, there's some lag. In a game like Smash, precise motions are EXTREMELY important. I can't tell you how many times I pressed shield, counter, or air dodge, and it doesn't register. Then I die. This little problem honestly detracts from my experience and fun online.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
88% in general, just under 1000 matches played. 90% with my main (Ike) at 792 matches played.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Over 2000 matches played for me and I'm hovering around 81% win rate. The data's pretty skewed though considering I tend to keep fighting people that aren't around my skill level so I can play around with a lot of different characters so they can learn matchups. I also play around with characters I'm not good with for funsies. The FG win rate doesn't hold much meaning really.

mallow45

Smash Rookie
NNID
mallow45
3DS FC
0318-9181-5130
79.45% win rate with a little over 1,000 battles under my belt.

Last edited:

PartyHat

Smash Rookie
It must be so painful to lose with that win rate!
I was at 95% in first week of publish here in europe and had about 200 games played.

I caught myself trying harder not to loose then trying to win (if that makes any sense) even if I told myself not to care about the statistic. That may sound a bit cocky but sometimes such a high win-ratio isn't that cool, at least in my opinion.

You really start to count losses, leave against good players who MAY mess up your ratio and get mad about stupid stuff pretty quick.

Don't let yourself ever get to that point, it's hard to get away, lol

genesis_SOC

Smash Cadet
NNID
genesis_SOC
Maintain 80% with about 450 matches without farming bads and using FG to practice characters I'm not familiar with yet.

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
25% from 200 battles.
I usually don't stick around for multiple rounds unless the other player is better than me.
Also, a lot of stupid SDs. I could swear my double jump has been eaten by the lag on several occasions. It's so annoying to try to jump, and then it doesn't happen.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
It must be so painful to lose with that win rate!
If I'm being honest: Not really unless I feel like I didn't "deserve" it (like if it's lagging or something and I can't deal with certain things nearly as well as I could otherwise). I do best of 3 matches with my main otherwise, then stick around for "friendlies" with my other characters afterward occasionally (I use separate tags so I can see my ratios individually).
I was at 95% in first week of publish here in europe and had about 200 games played.

I caught myself trying harder not to loose then trying to win (if that makes any sense) even if I told myself not to care about the statistic. That may sound a bit cocky but sometimes such a high win-ratio isn't that cool, at least in my opinion.

You really start to count losses, leave against good players who MAY mess up your ratio and get mad about stupid stuff pretty quick.

Very much this. For the most part I told myself that I didn't care about my win/loss ratio, but my play would typically construe otherwise. That's why I settled for just playing best of 3. I even still SDed for people when they SDed at low/mid percents but in hindsight I feel like I only did that when I clearly outmatched my opponent, or they were as good as I was yet they didn't vex me as much as the next guy that was just trying to circle camp me.

Having said that, as of today I have decided that I'm going to take a hiatus from For Glory. Specifically because it's making me arrogant when I'm not even improving from it at all anymore; I'm just beating people relying on the same, repetitive strategy for the most part. During at least 85% of the matches that I've played in FG I've felt like I'm just playing against someone I've played before with a different tag.

Last edited:

Blackyoshika?

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2653-2476

Idk I'm not really a veteran, I've only been playing since summer but man I have fun even though I'm around 60 percent... I would think your last 100 would be the tell tale sign of how your doing. Let's play some time! I'll get my wii u code to you soon

TheBurningBadger

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChibiOfficial
3DS FC
4871-5711-3749
Mine is 51%, so I've been trying to improve it by Playing online with muh main boy "Pit"

DMoT

Smash Rookie
I'm at 52% and that's fine for me.

If I beat people easily and can tell they don't have a very deep understanding of the game (I repeatedly punish obvious rolls and they keep doing them etc) then I leave immediately. If I play someone who is obviously better than me or plays a certain character well I play them for as long as I can to get better or practice the match-up.

Played a good Mega-man the other day, best one I've faced. Lost to him about 8 times with Wario, started out being 2 stocked, then gradually getting more competitive before I managed to win two in a row, he switched to Pikachu and the process began again, losing a few games then getting an idea how to handle a decent Pika.

This leads me to having lots of one-off wins against sub-par opponents then losing 15/20 games against a good player in close games. I really prefer losing a close fun game to winning over someone who just rolls and smashes with no subtlety.

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
Around 79- 80% on both 3DS and Wii U versions, which kind of surprises me. I feel like I played worse online on Brawl compared to now. I know people have said win rate doesn't matter, but I have questioned if I am still good enough to try at least local tournaments. I have played against people who have put up good fights, but I still mostly win. Or there's been matches where I would have clearly won if I had more time and didn't have to go to Sudden Death.

AxelRob

Smash Rookie
Mines a 75%, but my brother plays on my console. I wish my area had local tournaments the closet one if in Houston -.-

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I had 97% the first week the US 3ds version came out. The 3% being sideb instead of upb suicides. I had the japanese version beforehand tho ;p

It's never been that high again since I use for glory to practice new mindgames/set-ups, new chars, and generally unfamiliar areas because imo all for glory is good for is getting to a certain level with some aspects of the game so it's usable against higher level players, and you can refine it there.

Bluzziku

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bluzziku
3DS FC
0361-8302-5191
64.78% - Wii U

60.00% -3DS

I main Jigglypuff and am starting to learn Peach, I just hope I can keep it above 60%....

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
i sit at around 70%, dropped down from 75% today after lossing a lot against a really good player.
I learned a lot though and had a great time, nontheless! :-)

Butch2884

Smash Rookie
NNID
Butch2884
Around 65% on 3ds with 300ish matches.
78% on the wii u after 53 matches.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
On the Wii U version, I'm at 52% as of right now. Rosalina and Ganondorf are my two best fighters to use thus far.
I don't remember what my win rate is on the 3DS version, though.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I've been stuck at 84% on the 3DS since weeks after release. I'm surprised it hasn't budged yet.

Last edited:

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
67.65%
(W/L) 1713-819
This is on the 3DS version, I have the WiiU version I just don't play it a lot.
looked at it wrong the first time

Last edited:

Icebound

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1650-2557-8575
78% over 1300 battles or so. This is about right since if I body people I keep playing them with different characters and if I get bodied I keep playing them (provided minimal lag).

HerrAlex

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerrAlex
Above 60% with about 400 matches played. Last 100 is over 80% though since I'm way better now than I was when I bought the game. It was a mistake jumping in For Glory the first thing I did when I got the game and had no mains. :/

Top Bottom