• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For a future Smash, who are your top 10 cuts to the roster?

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Echoes don't take up slots. Them being gone would not mean another full fleshed out character would replace them. It would be the same roster, but without the echo.

Semiclones like Doc are more arguable, but even they take significantly less work than a brand new fighter. Cut them if you like, but it would just make the roster smaller. It wouldn't result in different picks.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Looking at the circumstances with all the characters we currently have, realistically I think these are the characters that will get cut when the next game rolls around:

10: Young link: He only came back because "everyone is here!" And since his niche is already filled by toon link, there's really no need for young link

9. Pichu: Same as Young link, Pichu is just weaker Pikachu and only exist for a joke.

8. Corrin: she existed just to be an advertisement and the fandom doesn't really find her to be a good character, she really does stick out among the Fire emblem characters.

7. Roy: As far as I know he's in the same boat as Corrin

6. Dark pit: ...Does anybody really care about this guy unless they are already fans of the character?

5. Mii fighters: The miis seem less important on the Switch so I assume Nintendo might drop them at some point, once they are gone from the systems I don't see them being put into smash. Unless there's an audience that simply HAS to play with miis like there is for the GameCube controller or something.

4. Piranha plant: only exists as a joke and sticks out like a sore thumb on the roster, I just don't see a reason for it to be around.

3. Wii fit trainer: she's a character I love to play as but the fact is she's simply irrelevant in this day and age and come the next smash bros she'll frankly be a relic of a bygone era.

2. The Hero: Sakurai clearly tried his best to include Dragon quest in Smash but considering how hard that franchise is to license out I highly doubt he wants to go through that effort again.

1. Cloud: I mean... duh.

Honorable mentions here include: Banjo, Simon, Ritcher and Snake. Yeah, the other third parties I feel are locks for future installments, Sega and Capcom are really easy companies to work with with characters that so many people adore. Konami and Microsoft seem like companies who could very easily leave Smash bros due to different circumstances.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I find it a little odd that people think Toon Link and Young Link are so comparable. Toon Link is definitely the more distinct of the two and has more Zelda games to himself, not to mention him playing more differently from adult Link, so it makes sense that he would stay in that regard, but in terms of gameplay? They feel really different, and I personally hate playing as Toon Link. So the argument that "they're practically the same" is very strange to me.

I think they're two very different characters; Toon Link is just the more historically important of the two.

Top Bottom