• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstooling in Smash 4 confirmed

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Here's a video of Smash 4 I managed to find, for those of you that haven't seen it yet.

At around 1:22, you see Kirby footstooling Link on the ground.
Look at 1:32 as well, when Link footstools Pikachu in the air.

I'm still analyzing gameplay footage here and there to see if I can find anything else. i just wanted to share this with you guys to spark some interest in video analyzing. If anyone finds anything else out, mind sharing?

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
While I welcome the return of footstooling with open arms, I don't think that was a footstool. Looked more like a normal mid-jump for Kirby
(Supported by the fact that you can see the double-jump effect under Kirby, and also that Link doesn't do the "getting footstooled"-animation)

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I don't really see it. It looks like Kirby just jumps again. Usually there was a visual cue when someone was toadstooling.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Nope, it's a footstool. Look at 1:32 as well, when Link footstools Pikachu.

Also, to me, Kirby is obviously footstooling Link there. Maybe it's just because my Brawl playstyle involved footstooling, but I know a footstool when I see it.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Nope, it's a footstool. Look at 1:32 as well, when Link footstools Pikachu.

Also, to me, Kirby is obviously footstooling Link there. Maybe it's just because my Brawl playstyle involved footstooling, but I know a footstool when I see it.

Yep, that one is definately a footstool, it is confirmed. Plus it also looks like he caught Pikachu while still recovering on the ground and made him bounce how does that work, or was Pikachu still in the air?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
1:22 was a footstool, look at how Link sort of bends over, and Kirby's very short "second jump". A normal second jump isn't that short, and Link wouldn't just bend over like that for no reason.

Regardless, 1:32 is a more obvious example anyway.

Yep, that one is definately a footstool, it is confirmed. Plus it also looks like he caught Pikachu while still recovering on the ground and made him bounce how does that work, or was Pikachu still in the air?
That's just a landing animation given to characters when they land while tumbling. However, you can't tech footstools, at least not in Brawl.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
1:22 was a footstool, look at how Link sort of bends over, and Kirby's very short "second jump". A normal second jump isn't that short, and Link wouldn't just bend over like that for no reason.

Regardless, 1:32 is a more obvious example anyway.

That's just a landing animation given to characters when they land while tumbling. However, you can't tech footstools, at least not in Brawl.

Yea, I know. It's just to me it looks like Pikachu was already on the ground when footstooled, but he might have been in the air, it's so hard to tell without slowing the video.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
This looks good. It's definitely one of the better mechanics from brawl. Hope it's optional like in P:M though. Really, there's so much stuff that could be copied from P:M.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
footstooling is a cool mechanic with a lot of potential. i just hope it's mapped to something other than jump so 99% of footstools aren't accidental again.

Revven

FrankerZ
footstooling is a cool mechanic with a lot of potential. i just hope it's mapped to something other than jump so 99% of footstools aren't accidental again.

Yeah or even just fixing the bugs that footstooling had in Brawl would be swell (i.e super jump).

Top Bottom