• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstool ('tech')

kupo15

Smash Hero
As we know, Pit can't Footstool into an attack like Toon Link. I don't know how practical this is but what you can do is, footstool>Up B>any air attack. This could prove useful later on...who knows!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I like the way you think man. Like you said, might not be useful, but the WoI would prevent the gained height.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yea, thanks! The WoI has some mysterious power. It also works for stopping your ledge jump, but I think I saw you do that in one of your Underwrld vids.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Found a good use for this

Here is a great use for stopping your upward footstool momentum. The result is a great combo that I believe IS a TRUE combo!!

At low damage,

1.Do a full hop rising Dair
2. Footstool into an immediate WoI
3. Dair
4. Continue with any ground attack. (Jab grabs, Up tilt/smash into Uair are nice)

If you manage to pull of a footstool at higher damages, follow it with an immediate WoI>Dair

I practiced on a Snake at 8 Percent

kupo15

Smash Hero
I thought about that but I don't think that works because you need to be out of the WoI. Maybe it can be done

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well I just pulled a DairFWoIDairUsmashUairArrow, and with the exception of the Arrow at the end it seemed inescapable. At that percentage opponent DI isn't enough. It did 0%-54%.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah I most often pull off footstools while off the edge. And of course "Wing Canceling" off the edge is a big no-no. lol

kupo15

Smash Hero
Very nice I want cant wait to get good with that but footstools are hard to do for me
Yea, they can be tough but at low percent, if you start off with a Full jump rising Dair, youre spacing is perfect to easily do a FS.

Underdog: How great would it be to be able to arrow chase with a Bair to finish the combo? I don't know if that is possible.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
When I'm at that close proximity I just keep on wailing. lol However an Arrow Chase would be an outstanding way to keep pressure on your opponent. Preferably into a Smash off the edge so you can keep up the arrowtastic mindgames.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I thought about that but I don't think that works because you need to be out of the WoI. Maybe it can be done
I know that its possible to footstool jump out of wings, I just dont know if its effective to double footstool jump them with this new cancel

kupo15

Smash Hero
Sagemoon: I tried it out and you are right. You can FS fro WoI. I have a couple ideas to test. I think it has some uses.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Ok, I experimented and it is not possible to double FS WoI only works once in the air until you touch the ground.

To extend this combo, you can start off with a Dthrow/Dtilt. If your opponent Air dodges your throw thinking that you are going to Uair, they are in for it because if you wait when you jump, you can hit them with one or two Dairs into a footstool.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
This is mildly on topic... I made a footstool video for mlg brawl film festival it wasn't really my serious entry but it got picked top 5 as the judges were awful.

If you are so motivated I'd really appreciate some votes in the contest.

Top Bottom