• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Football is the best Item ever

Tsuki

Smash Apprentice
Klick to watch

2 players,a cage and loooots of footballs
You should try that its hours of fun =D

I dont know what happened but somehow the Quality is really ****ed up but i guess you can still watch it ^^

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I agree the football/soccer ball is a really cool item, but that... is not a video.

*waits for video

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
Klick to watch
(ahmagad sent it too fast,wait some minutes for the link xD)

2 players,a cage and loooots of footballs
You should try that its hours of fun =D

I dont know what happened but somehow the Quality is really ****ed up but i guess you can still watch it ^^
hours of fun?

someones easily amused...

bceagles

Smash Cadet
no offense, but the "football" of which you speak is offensive to me. My football is thrown, hiked, kicked, passed, run, and tackled across the goal line. im sure you can tell i live in the US, lol

Magnacor

Smash Ace
You forgot the clocks.
P.S. I was confused when you said football for a moment. I was thinking you were suggesting the American footbal as an item.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
no offense, but the "football" of which you speak is offensive to me. My football is thrown, hiked, kicked, passed, run, and tackled across the goal line. im sure you can tell i live in the US, lol
Offensive? That makes no sense. I also live in the U.S. I don't understand how someone living in a different country that naturally calls it a football is offensive to you. You get the point.

Tsuki

Smash Apprentice
Of course its a bad link..like i said the video wanst ready yet.
You can now watch it in the first post ^^

@bceagles
sry im german and my english quite sucks ^^

espio87

Smash Ace
football? you mean soccer football in spanish is soccer... as it is vice versa
The sport was invented in Britain. The British named it Football long before American Football was invented. We say football in Spanish because we use the correct name of the sport.
I don't get why you call it American Football when it should be called American Rugby. Australians do call theirs Australian Rugby.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Now that it's watchable, It seems like a good way to practice wallteching. Not good for a real stage unless you like 10 minute matches.

gamer8

Smash Lord
That must be offensive to him, not everybody uses the word soccer to describe it.

Crispy Fries

Smash Cadet

espio87

Smash Ace
Sort of how the U.S. is the only country that doesn't use the metric system!

Anyone know about Mexico?
England is the other country that uses the Imperial measures system, they are the ones that invented it (why do they have to be so complicated?).
Mexico is a Spanish speaking country, so they call it football.
The only other country that calls it differently is Spain because they have the horrible tendency of translating EVERYTHING into Spanish. They call it BALONPIE (ballfoot, literally speaking). That name just sucks.

espio87

Smash Ace
too true, i hate the metric system...and soccer....
I hope you're being sarcastic. if not, how can you hate the metric system? the conversions are really simple, not like the imperial system. and about football, if you hate professional football I understand you (it's a real mafia), if you hate even casual football let me tell you it's a beautiful sport.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Australia calls 'British Football' Soccer as well.

Australian Football League = Some weird mutated form of Rugby/American Football
Rugby = Rugby
British Football = Soccer.

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
I hope you're being sarcastic. if not, how can you hate the metric system? the conversions are really simple, not like the imperial system. and about football, if you hate professional football I understand you (it's a real mafia), if you hate even casual football let me tell you it's a beautiful sport.
Soccer (Football) is an awesome sport. I play it. While it's not very fun to actually watch it (or any sport for that matteR) it is very fun to play.

Also, my dad says that we got the name football for American Football because it used to be a form of football or something like that.

Top Bottom