• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Follow-Ups?

DracoX

Smash Rookie
Hey, i'm pretty new with Lucario and i heard he had amazing follow-up attacks

So basically what are his best follow-up combos?

I'm just used to seeing Dash Attack -> SH Fair -> Uair -> Sidestep, Aura Sphere
Its not much of a follow up combo, but more of a finishing thing when Lucario is at Medium percentages and so is the enemy. In my opinion, Fair is an amazing follow-up but 3-5% isn't a lot alone. So whats the best follow-up combo. Try to make them small though, noobs like me can't handle so much, but i do know RAR, DACUS, and other obvious stuff...:lick:

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Fair is pretty much the bread and butter move for Lucario in terms of strings. Fair into more fair, Fair into Nair, and Fair into Dair are the most common Lucario "combos."

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
dash attack to uptilt spam is useful on fast fallers.

also fairfairfairfairfairfairfairfairdair is too good.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
You have a lot of Follow-ups.

but theres a difference from a Follow-up that works and a Follow-up that doesn't.

but sometimes the ones that don't can work in a clutch.

Explore your follow up options in friendlys and find which ones work in tournament.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
If you feel like messing around throw in double team. For example, jab>jab>DT. or Fair>DT or Fair>nair>DT

Trela

Smash Lord
You could watch Combo Vids of Lucario to get an idea and picture of what kinds of Follow-Ups there are to do.

I recommend not to watch mine though. The players that are getting combo'd on dont know what Dodge and Shield mean!

Reapereater

Smash Cadet
Yeah like what everyone else says combo videos are best. I try to string fowardB a lot then go dtilt followed with ftilt, utilt, then fair as much as i can.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
These lucario players forgot to mention that most of these are most effect at low percents. Like fair> nair > grab won't work at higher percents because nair sends your opponet to far. Unless you just happen to run and grab them because they mis spaced their attack or the DI bad.

DracoX

Smash Rookie
If you feel like messing around throw in double team. For example, jab>jab>DT. or Fair>DT or Fair>nair>DT

Wow, iRJi was right. This is one awesome thread. Normally when you see something relative to this posted on another charrs thread, you get flamed, banned, and they pour hot coffee on your grave. AT LEAST THIS ONE ACTUALLY HAS MORE THAN 2 &*%$&$-ing REPLIES IN A DAY *coughs extremely loudly* falco *sneezes and uses metaknight pic as napkin*

Anyway, lol sorry about the top, thanks for the info. Voinces combo works very well against DI and stunners. I was playing on NWFC and it was Me(lucario) and Ganon vs. Meta and Samus. Most of the game Ganon was hiding behind me and spamming Warlock Punch. I had no choice but to let Ganon attempt to fight them mainly because he was heavy and hard to kill as he was using dangerous moves + spot dodges. The MK was good on the ground but somewhat crappy in air.

So i remembered jab,jab, DT and tried it on MK who was repeatedly interrupting me. I used Pivot Grab-> pummel 4x -> B-throw -> Fair -> Dair -> Roll + Uair-> AA -> Roll-> DT. Right after i rolled MK used down smash as he wanted me awayyy. You guessed it, he went flying like the MK napkin! Star KO. BTW i was at 67% and he was at 128%. Though the percentages may seem low, i might of sweetspotted it if that was even poossible. Anyway, now i basically know how to kill MK kinda.
Who else can get star KO'ed from DT?

Also make sure we get our rank up!!! Lucario doesn't belong in B- Tier! :psycho:

Teir List Competitions

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
The ones that are less affected by DI/are able to be used on a wider length of % levels are the better ones. Usually utilt or grab are good things after nair, for example.
I would also be very careful of using DT, feel free to use it if it works, but it usually doesn't. The lack of stun when it activates means a good opponent can shield it before it comes out (unless they tried to smash you), and even Marth's don't use theirs much (and theirs is like way better than ours).

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Try making up whatever the **** you want, use it, and if you are getting ***** for it by the people you play with, stop using it. Then keep what you are comfortable with.
This however requires knowing the moveset, but you will learn that while doing this.

While suggesting this, what I am also saying is that, Lucario has quite a few strings but A LOT OF THEM DON'T LAND. What lands and what doesn't relies on what you know about your opponents character, what you know about your opponent, and what your opponent knows about you (or in some cases what he/she thinks they know).

TL;DR
I am repeating what a lot of people said with the addition of:
"Quit asking people for combos please. ^_^"

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
at low %s... FP->ftilt->dashgrab->uthrow->utilt or fair->nair->FP works alot for me.

especially on snake and other heavy characters, wario too.

Top Bottom