• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fly (Up-B) special property

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Hello Poketrainers.

I was reading your guides and move discussions and things, and I found no mention of a property I noticed about a month ago when messing around with Charizard on Wifi.

Simply, when using Fly (you call it fly, right?)*, if you hit something, you can press B repeatedly to get a height boost. The increase is dramatic - you can nearly double your height gained if you press B quickly enough.

I don't think I need vids. Just load up and try it yourself.

Sorry if I just didn't search hard enough, but it wasn't in your character guide or Charizard discussion thread.

EDIT: And no, for God's sakes there wasn't a Game and Watch involved. ;)

*Anyway, I have one other point. You ought to consider renaming Fly. Just because, well, I noticed I couldn't use the search function, since I can't search for 'fly' - and even if I could I'd probably turn up unrelated stuff. One really good aspect of names is just for the documentary purposes on the boards.
The attack involves fire anyway... isn't there a more fitting move name from the games?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Can you pull this off consistantly? or maybe you just got hit during it
Yes, I can pull this off consistently.

And you can too, and anyone else.

Srsly. Just go to training mode, or Brawl!, or the internet, use Up-B, hit the guy, and press B a bunch of times.
. . . Okay, I guess that means it's as consistent as hitting someone with Up-B. ^_^;

As for the name... I dunno, I guess Fire Spin and Flame Wheel fit. Fire Spin is learnable by Charizard, but Flame Wheel is closest to what this attack actually does.
It's a matter of which one is clearer. "Flame Wheel" includes 'wheel', which I'm sure isn't a common word anywhere on SWF. ... yeah Fire Spin would have the same problem as Fly.

I dunno; I'm not sure I even use Poketrainer. I just had to mention this.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
the name of the move is actually fly

i've never seen or noticed this before

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I've been trying this for several minutes in Training Mode....I really see no difference. =/ Charizard's Fly attack might make it look that way when he's hitting an opponent, but the height difference is the same.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I don't see a difference personally... If there is any to begin with.

Oh, what I really rather see Charizard do instead of "Fly" attack as an UpB, I rather see him spin rapidly, making a sort of column of fire upward, and call it "Fire Spin" instead. I love Fire Spin, even though it's such a bad move in the game.

Aveean

Purple Yoshi Double Dunker
The name of it is Fly. I'd like it to stay that way - besides, you could search for "Charizard's Fly" or something with the search function instead of just Fly. =)
(Reminds me of this one time I was searching for a certain band to listen to a few of their songs somewhere. The band's name was only two letters long, and the search engine required a minimum of three letters. I never did get to listen to that band haha.)

Anyway, video please!

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
I do not know if this is legit or not, but if you get videos or proof or want to keep discussing it you can put it in the Charizard Tactical Discussion.

Also, if you can get a replay of this happening I'm sure someone could video capture for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom