• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Floaties

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know what to do against floaties? They're hard to combo and get a decent amount of damage.

Skler

Smash Master
The bair combos floaties incredibly well and the uair is great just to keep them off the ground. Put them in the air and start spamming uair -> win.

cjugs

Smash Ace
I heart link vs floaties is co easy to combo them and learning Dthrow Dair out of grabs is great. It's difficult to combo fast fallers is what you ment to say ;)

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Uhh, no I meant floaties. People like kirby, jigglypuff, and luigi can jump out of many grab combos at about mid percentage. I like to use long grab combos against fast fallers in m grab combos (e.g. Falco: Grab, down on control stick, SHFFL Nair, SHFFL Bair, reverse grab, down on control stick, WD away see where they tech or DI and dash or WD to where they are and grab again, if they stay then do cross slash and grab, down on control stick, spin attack or WD spin attack) I know its impossible to pull long chain grab combos on floaties but I would like to get a decent amount of damage off of them. Or maybe some combo suggestions?

-tRiNiTy-

Smash Apprentice
I think that Utilt > Bair is more useful on stages with platforms, I only use UAIR (sry, I wrote Utilt before instead, hope you don't get me wrong ^^") to finish off the resulting combo. Like, when you're on BF or YS, you first Utilt them and then just chase him with a Bair to the next platform and so on, I think you get the idea lol.

This works really well on Marth and Peach especially.

Some mixups might come in handy though, since it may get predictable and soon they'll try to CC on the platforms or alter DI.

cjugs

Smash Ace
Those chars you CANT combo well because they fly away but luigi idk he doesn't move from side to side very fast so up air up air up air to keep him off the ground works well forget trying dthrow dair on him though his nair comes out in like 2 frames same with kirby and puff so i just upair alot and kirby i rely on being a much much better character.
A nair won't hit falco out of a dthrow untill like 100% so if you mean dthrow predic tech in place? He will fall from a fresh nair at early percents so i don't think the combo you suggested will work unless you meant up throw. jab to grab never works for me people always jump %*sigh

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Thanks and many of the combos are situational. Such as this one at higher percentages for fastfallers, thus the WD. I like it as a mind game as well. Often at some of the lower to mid percentages with floaties, once you down throw they Nair to escape your chains. You can WD back and SHFFL Nair, or Spin Attack! XD I'll be sure to try the d-throw Dair more often. I wish there were more people to play with where I live. There isn't much of a smash community here. The only competition I get is when I visit my uncle in S.Carolina. He doesn't play Melee, but he is a BEAST at Tekken, Soul Calibur, and Mortal Combat in that order!

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Thanks and many of the combos are situational. Such as this one at higher percentages for fastfallers, thus the WD. I like it as a mind game as well. Often at some of the lower to mid percentages with floaties, once you down throw they Nair to escape your chains. You can WD back and SHFFL Nair, or Spin Attack! XD I'll be sure to try the d-throw Dair more often. I wish there were more people to play with where I live. There isn't much of a smash community here. The only competition I get is when I visit my uncle in S.Carolina. He doesn't play Melee, but he is a BEAST at Tekken, Soul Calibur, and Mortal Combat in that order!
Where at in SC?

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
I heart link vs floaties is co easy to combo them and learning Dthrow Dair out of grabs is great. It's difficult to combo fast fallers is what you ment to say ;)
dont u mean dthrow uair? the floaty killer. wen ur a link player ull realize that he triforce of courage designed u to not only kill ganon but defeat floaties as well. even tho skler is the #1 link on here minus HDL, i think link holds favor to peach wit the exception of her edge guard abilities (which may be why he favors peach to link). simply kno, link can combo peach with bair-jab-grab combos, avoid up-bs and grab vs jiggs or get rested, luigi is just awkward to fight no matter who u r, remember the space he can cover in a short amount of time n stay away from the luigi killers (dsmash-fair n shield slide up-b)

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
Well i usually find a way to combo them with an UAIR since its the best way to kill them. As long as i'm doing that i don't have to worry about how to kill them since if they get hit in a combo with that when sort of high percent they die. Assuming you use characters like Young Link, Link, Fox, and etc..

cjugs

Smash Ace
dont u mean dthrow uair? the floaty killer. wen ur a link player ull realize that he triforce of courage designed u to not only kill ganon but defeat floaties as well. even tho skler is the #1 link on here minus HDL, i think link holds favor to peach wit the exception of her edge guard abilities (which may be why he favors peach to link). simply kno, link can combo peach with bair-jab-grab combos, avoid up-bs and grab vs jiggs or get rested, luigi is just awkward to fight no matter who u r, remember the space he can cover in a short amount of time n stay away from the luigi killers (dsmash-fair n shield slide up-b)
no i meant dthrow dair stronger

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Uhh, no I meant floaties. People like kirby, jigglypuff, and luigi can jump out of many grab combos at about mid percentage. I like to use long grab combos against fast fallers in m grab combos (e.g. Falco: Grab, down on control stick, SHFFL Nair, SHFFL Bair, reverse grab, down on control stick, WD away see where they tech or DI and dash or WD to where they are and grab again, if they stay then do cross slash and grab, down on control stick, spin attack or WD spin attack) I know its impossible to pull long chain grab combos on floaties but I would like to get a decent amount of damage off of them. Or maybe some combo suggestions?
What's Cross Slash? Sounds cool (Lol FFVII reference), but Idk what it is. Is it Fsmash or something?

Top Bottom