• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Float Canceled Dash

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Don't you love technique names that explain the techinique? I don't know if this has already been discovered or if it existed in melee (not that you needed this in melee) so disregard this topic if it's already been brought up. I didn't see anything about it so here it is. It's really simple to do:

Dash and push the jump button and down on the control stick immediately

Release the jump button and hit down again (you might not even have to push down a second time)

Now do whatever you want.

If you do it correctly you'll see peach start her float animation while running then stop. It's really fast when done right and you can do anything after it. I know it doesn't sound all that useful but it's faster than walking, canceling your dash with a shield then dropping it to attack, or waiting for her dash animation to finish. I'm not going to promise I can get a video up because I lack the tools required to do so. Give it a shot and let me know what you think.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Your late it was found out by me. Look at the advance techs thread for brawl and look in the Peach Stuff found. It was already explained.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Sure if you wanna put it that way. I noticed you could do it in brawl. Around the time the japanese version came out. So I posted about it for brawl.

Top Bottom