• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flippers 360; A South Florida Smash Renaissance

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
It's come to my attention that simply posting in tournament listings may not be the best way to get the word of Flippers out. Granted we've had a good number of events the past few Mondays and Thursdays, all having around 12 or more entrants. I know with the upcoming installment of Smash 4 just recently being announced however, we can do much much better!

So just to make sure all of South Florida is on the same page (this page) I will be updating this thread with all recent results of past Flippers events for both Melee and Brawl (think of this as a sort of SFL Smash Hall of Fame), as well as post links to all Flippers Smash related events.

But before that, you may find yourself wondering, "What the F is Flippers?"

Well...

Flippers360 is unlike any lan center you have ever been to. It is a giant room (Two combined movie theaters to be exact) filled with about 100 Xbox360 setups, all equipped to either HD computer monitors or LCD tvs. There are high powered gaming computers and 5 Wii's as well. One Wii in particular is setup to a movie projector.​
NONE, i repeat, NONE of the setups (including the projector) lag.
For a short video demonstrating the room, follow the link below and scroll down.
For more info on the Flippers360 room, you can either contact me (via smashboards or facebook) or follow the link below.
Flippers Cinema is located at 7001 Taft Street
Hollywood, Fl 33024

Here are some more pics demonstrating SMASH at Flippers360!
Just some of the setups we have for Brawl!

Here is the projector setup for smash! This setup includes live streaming capabilities!

To follow Flippers360 on facebook, add them as a friend: https://www.facebook.com/FlippersGaming

The following are links to other threads involving Smash Brothers at Flippers360:
MELEE PLAYERS!
EVERY Monday night starting at 8PM, Flippers360 is host to a Melee scene in SFL fighting for survival! Come join the fight at Melee Mondays! $2 Singles Tournies, Friendlies and Friends!
For more info click the following link and post/subscribe!http://smashboards.com/threads/f360...llywood-fl-may-27th-2013-hollywood-fl.336620/
Brawl Players!
EVERY Thursday night starting at 8PM, Flippers360 is host to Training Mode, for the ever growing Brawl scene in SFL!
Come play with and learn from some of America's best and brightest players like ESAM, NickRiddle, MVD, and Seibrik (That's me). Every player will be willing to aid anyone in their quest to become the best they can be in preparation for the next installment of Super Smash Brothers!
$2 Singles Tournies and FREE Doubles Tournies if time permits!
For More info on Training Mode, click the following link and post/subscribe!
ALSO
We will be hosting an official Brawl Tournament featuring both Singles and Doubles!
For more info on this tournament, click the following link and post/subscribe!
FINALLY
Starting in JULY, Flippers360 will be home to the first ever team-building, class-like Season called Tier Breakers!
What is Tier Breakers? For and thread introducing the idea click the following link, post and subscribe!
For a more detailed overview of Tier Breakers: The Next Generation of Pros, click the following link, post and subscribe!http://smashboards.com/threads/seib...on-of-pros-july-7th-2013-hollywood-fl.336708/
Registration for TierBreakers will start this upcoming week and will end 6/30/13!
More info on how to register will be posted here shortly!
And if you wanted a little more info on myself, Seibrik, you can click the following link!
This thread should act as the central hub for any and all Flippers360 Smash related discussion! I look forward to experiencing the Smash Community's Golden Age!

UmaG.

Smash Rookie
Wow! this is awesome im from West Kendall Im not good enough to considering playing competitively yet but im definitely interested in being trained for brawl im a slightly above average player hoping to be good enough to play competitively soon. Do you know how far of a drive it is to Hollywood? if it's under 2 hours you got yourself a regular :D.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
would you be able to come in to flippers today to find out just how far the drive is?

If you were interested in tier breakers (first class in competetive gaming history) you should try to come by, i can put you on the waiting list, and when the other three people confirm on the list, I can complete your registration

UmaG.

Smash Rookie
I can come in Thursday maybe and how good are the people who play Tier Breakers? I wanna know before I jump into this I haven't played competetively since early 2012 in a Melee game stop tourney.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
tbh you kind of want the players to be as good as possible cause its a team based effort and will aid you in getting better more the better they are

and this thursday is iffy cause of 4th of july so it's doubtful I will be hosting anything at flippers thursday

UmaG.

Smash Rookie
I found out I can't forgot about 4th of July Flippers only does smash related stuff Mondays and Thursdays?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
they have free tournies for movie tickets fridays/saturdays

but for really good practice its monday for melee and thursday for brawl

UmaG.

Smash Rookie
ooh I see a MK in the projector setup pick >.< whatever im going to train and learn i'll hopefully learn a couple things from you guys.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
From everything I have heard about Flippers, and from what I have seen in the pictures, makes it seem really impressive to me. Glad you guys are doing your best to revitalize Smash in SFL. I really want to make it out there, but right now I am driving my parents' cars, and like most misunderstanding parents, they are telling me like hell you are going to drive all the way up to the Hollywood/Broward area for a video game lmao. That really sucks, because it seems to be like Flippers is where it is happening right now in terms of South Florida Smash.

I live in West Kendall, so the drive for me is like 45 minutes. I can kind of see where my parents are coming from, but I don't like it lol. Hopefully when I start college in the fall and have a more stable driving situation I will be able to make it up to Flippers. I will have to check that place out before Smash 4 comes out.

The only place that is really near me is Arcade Odyssey, which is like a 10 minute drive from where I live. It's a good venue, but they definitely do not host tournies as much as Flippers does, nor is their venue as big.

Hopefully I can make it out there sometime. It really sucks that I can't right now, I really wanted to do Tier Breakers.

UmaG.

Smash Rookie
From everything I have heard about Flippers, and from what I have seen in the pictures, makes it seem really impressive to me. Glad you guys are doing your best to revitalize Smash in SFL. I really want to make it out there, but right now I am driving my parents' cars, and like most misunderstanding parents, they are telling me like hell you are going to drive all the way up to the Hollywood/Broward area for a video game lmao. That really sucks, because it seems to be like Flippers is where it is happening right now in terms of South Florida Smash.

I live in West Kendall, so the drive for me is like 45 minutes. I can kind of see where my parents are coming from, but I don't like it lol. Hopefully when I start college in the fall and have a more stable driving situation I will be able to make it up to Flippers. I will have to check that place out before Smash 4 comes out.

The only place that is really near me is Arcade Odyssey, which is like a 10 minute drive from where I live. It's a good venue, but they definitely do not host tournies as much as Flippers does, nor is their venue as big.

Hopefully I can make it out there sometime. It really sucks that I can't right now, I really wanted to do Tier Breakers.
Im from West kendall too :o and where is Arcade Odyssey? I might be interested in checking that place out.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
ONITHEWOLF~~

I wish AO had an actual console area dedicated to tournaments. S.Miami's so far from Hollywood so it inconveniences a lot of the potential community.
Oh well.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Im from West kendall too :o and where is Arcade Odyssey? I might be interested in checking that place out.
Arcade Odyssey is located on 12045 SW 117th Avenue. However, I don't know of many regulars that go there for friendlies. They get a lot of locals, and usually a couple of Power Rankedd players for tournaments.

From what I see though, Flippers has more regulars that go there. They also have more set ups and a larger venue. Just wish it weren't so damn far.

I'll do my best to make it to Flippers one of these days. Need someone to whoop my scrubby ass Tink again.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
South Florida Brawl players!
Reminding you all this Sunday is the first day of Tier Breakers!

As such, tomorrow night's Training Mode will be the last chance for everyone to get some practice before the Preliminary Round pools on Sunday!

Even if you're not personally entering Tier Breakers be sure to stop by either tomorrow or Sunday to show your support to those who entered the first ever competitive gaming educational tournament!

It all starts tomorrow night, 8pm, at Flippers Gaming!

UmaG.

Smash Rookie
I'll try to stop by today for Training wanna learn get some Wario tips from you and some Pika tips from ESAM. :D I might go Sunday just to watch Tier Breakers happen might learn a thing or two.

UmaG.

Smash Rookie
Arcade Odyssey is located on 12045 SW 117th Avenue. However, I don't know of many regulars that go there for friendlies. They get a lot of locals, and usually a couple of Power Rankedd players for tournaments.

From what I see though, Flippers has more regulars that go there. They also have more set ups and a larger venue. Just wish it weren't so damn far.

I'll do my best to make it to Flippers one of these days. Need someone to whoop my scrubby *** Tink again.
I went to Arcade Odyssey Sunday and they're having a smash event for all Smash Bros games you interested in teaming for Brawl Doubles and maybe Melee?

Top Bottom