• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia III: Game Over. Who Won?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also going by GLG’s flip, we should re-evaluate Kary and Up. Both making big cases in GLG but both were very different
How does the GLG flip make you feel about the cases they were making on each other?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How does the GLG flip make you feel about the cases they were making on each other?
I think it means one of them is likely scum. Either could have been trying to control a narrative in which the flip of GLG incriminates the other. It’s just a matter of who is likeliest. I’m going to have to think things over.

How do you feel about those cases however?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think it means one of them is likely scum. Either could have been trying to control a narrative in which the flip of GLG incriminates the other. It’s just a matter of who is likeliest. I’m going to have to think things over.

How do you feel about those cases however?
I don't read it as a scum team.

Why are you worried about likeliest? Does that involve scumminess, or is this more a PoE deduction?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I want to get things moving a bit quicker toDay. I have things I need to say!

Rolecop.

I checked Poyzin N1. I was going to check Z, but I got cold feet since no one else at all was suspecting him. Vanilla Townie.

Checked Z N2. Guilty. Mafia Roleblocker. Can we vote him out already??

Vote Z

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Why didn't you wait with this information until the middle of the day to see who would defend Z? What did you gain by claiming this early?
People posting? You're here now! LOL

What makes you so sure people would defend Z? His scum team wouldn't know he was targeted with anything unless there's like IDK a mafia watcher. Couldn't we go off who defended him in the past? Like yesterDay and the Day before that?

Why sit on a guilty for days before doing anything about it? I don't understand that. But this is my first time as cop ever though so

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Why sit on a guilty for days before doing anything about it?
To see how people interact with him without the knowledge that a Cop has a guilty result on him.

Sidenote: I don't think I ever saw a town Rolecop role before in a simple T vs S game, the added aspect is not really useful for town.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
To see how people interact with him without the knowledge that a Cop has a guilty result on him.

Sidenote: I don't think I ever saw a town Rolecop role before in a simple T vs S game, the added aspect is not really useful for town.
But I could've had a guilty on him since N1 possibly, right? So D2 interactions should still be telling. I don't think withholding the information until the middle of this phase would really change anything.

I've only played like two or three simple pure T v S games I think so I can't comment LOL

Sabrar

Smash Ace
But I could've had a guilty on him since N1 possibly, right? So D2 interactions should still be telling.
Yes, but the added value of D3 interactions cannot hurt. Also Z was supposed to give a readlist today, now that will be completely tainted.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Yes, but the added value of D3 interactions cannot hurt. Also Z was supposed to give a readlist today, now that will be completely tainted.
I can see those points. Good to know next time I'm cop!

This game should have a class or something. A handbook. It's hard! I didn't put that much thought into claiming.

"I have a guilty, I have to say it before I die!"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Rolecop.

I checked Poyzin N1. I was going to check Z, but I got cold feet since no one else at all was suspecting him. Vanilla Townie.

Vote Z
Vote pokechu.

I ****ing knew you were scum. Bold of you to claim such bull **** in this thread

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

They are lying, please don’t let them manipulate you

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't read it as a scum team.

Why are you worried about likeliest? Does that involve scumminess, or is this more a PoE deduction?
I’m not saying their a team. But one of them is scum. I’m betting Kary know that pokechu is straight up lying.

I’m literally a vanilla townie.Kary Pokéchu makes it way more obvious now

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No cop is going to pass up on reading someone they suspect. It’s not a townie thought process to pass up your suspicions because no one else has the same ones. Don’t fall for such an act

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Vote: Pokechu

Let’s not let such a scummy slot get away with this

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Vote pokechu.

I ****ing knew you were scum. Bold of you to claim such bull **** in this thread
Is it bold? Is that not what you're supposed to do as cop?

Am I supposed to sit on guilties? Like I truly didn't know LMAO I just know in the NZone people would just say "Hey guys I tracked XYZ and they targeted the dude who died. That's suspicious right?"

So I did it here!
No cop is going to pass up on reading someone they suspect. It’s not a townie thought process to pass up your suspicions because no one else has the same ones. Don’t fall for such an act
Have you met me before?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
You can apply that label to anything... "townie thought process" "town intent" etc.

like I checked you anyways. I just got flighty and checked Poy first. What's wrong with that? With Poy I might have been able to stop his mislynch too if he got on the hotseat based on his D1 posts.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Is it bold? Is that not what you're supposed to do as cop?

Am I supposed to sit on guilties? Like I truly didn't know LMAO I just know in the NZone people would just say "Hey guys I tracked XYZ and they targeted the dude who died. That's suspicious right?"

So I did it here!

Have you met me before?
Yes which is why I’ve been calling you out as scum this entire time. You’ve had no drive or purpose. You’ve been a copy cat.

Now honestly I commend you for being so bold as to claim a cop, but you could have predicted there wasn’t one given the setup, or maybe ran hooked you and your partner up with what’s not in the game.

Or you could be scum cop. Regardless this is extremely bull. Especially since I doubt you could even be a town cop with the reason for you reading me wrong being a mafias power. I refusal to believe that skill is at play here however

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Yes which is why I’ve been calling you out as scum this entire time. You’ve had no drive or purpose. You’ve been a copy cat.

Now honestly I commend you for being so bold as to claim a cop, but you could have predicted there wasn’t one given the setup, or maybe ran hooked you and your partner up with what’s not in the game.

Or you could be scum cop. Regardless this is extremely bull. Especially since I doubt you could even be a town cop with the reason for you reading me wrong being a mafias power. I refusal to believe that skill is at play here however
Drive? Purpose? I've had both of those!! That's how I got a guilty on you.... LMAO

Copy cat when? We've been over this. I voted for Maven, after I already said he was in my lynchpool. You keep up bringing up me buddying. You want to see buddying?

For now though, I think I’ll vote glg. I trust Kary’s judgement there on the information that could be gained.
D1 you put his vote on GLG saying "I'll trust Kary!"

With your content it’s a lot of random content that feels like it’s attempting to piece things together but sort of falls flat with tour ambition. Although kary summed that up pretty well.
I don't think Z said anything about my ambition/drive/etc. before Kary mentioned it in her #427 but then he's suddenly backing her up on it in #461

I literally said early on kary was my top town read and I would listen to them the most. If I was scum mates with them that would be quite frankly the stupidest decision I could make.
Z explicitly says Kary's his top town read and he'd follow her the most, and he's acting like that shouldn't be suspicious for any reason or act as evidence as a Kary/Z scumteam

Making assumptions for people on their not reading especially when the slot is considered pretty town this whole game; is a really odd move for someone in town.
I explained that. Pre Sab. Bessie looked good. Post Bessie, Sab is acting and playing a lot different l. Which is bound to happen, but it almost feels like they are playing towards a completely different goal with the slightly aggressive style they had going and butting heads with a slot considered top town
In these post he almost makes her immune to criticism, like she can't be questioned. Kind of defensive of Kary.

For someone who's pinned (and misrepresented) me for buddying, you've done a lot of it yourself.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Here's some more things about Z I've been chewing on

Is anyone else confused by his weird defense of Pythag? He uses a general argument to lift him up and put me down (feels like he was trying! your content feels random). I can't use anything to disprove that and he can't use anything to prove it either because you can bring any quote and label it "random."

And he specifically said he liked pythag's page 7 which literally had nothing to like: 1 post saying "wait a minute", 1 post about meta, 1 glitch post, 1 meme, 5 question posts, 1 post about mistaking someone else's, and 2 posts about me following Kary. Super weird to act like you can see how that's town but you can only see my content as random and uninspired. Also weird how he defends Pythag's low activity here but makes a jump on Sab when he (Z) thinks Sab is doing the same thing (defending Pythag's low activity).

I said this in my wall #364 and his response proves it right

I don't feel like he really tried to dispute much about my argument. He brought up meta which is nice but I feel like that never goes very far (and I wasn't in the game he was referring to with Poy). Mostly he just threw it back at me ("you haven't been paying attention", "you're in the same boat", "now you're the one to throw dirt but you've been just as uncommitted"). Like I think there's a difference between his post here and Kary's #407 after Poy's wall on her. Like she didn't try to reflect it back on Poy. But Z does reflect it back on me

I also find it strange how he's upset about me "following Kary around" (even though I didn't really, he mentions it again in #371 too), but he makes this response to Sab

This can also be seen as "buddying" which Z holds against me and is really just WIFOM. But it seems like he means for this to be taken seriously. Like a lot of the points he uses against me are just WIFOM (refer to the first quote in this post, about him not being teamed with Pythag). Kind of shallow and doesn't really dispute my arguments
yall let this post flop.... no attention at all

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I’m not saying their a team. But one of them is scum. I’m betting Kary know that pokechu is straight up lying.

I’m literally a vanilla townie.Kary Pokéchu makes it way more obvious now
In the UP v Kary why is it Kary and not UP?
Is Pokechu+Poyzin just as possible?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Drive? Purpose? I've had both of those!! That's how I got a guilty on you.... LMAO

Copy cat when? We've been over this. I voted for Maven, after I already said he was in my lynchpool. You keep up bringing up me buddying. You want to see buddying?

D1 you put his vote on GLG saying "I'll trust Kary!"

I don't think Z said anything about my ambition/drive/etc. before Kary mentioned it in her #427 but then he's suddenly backing her up on it in #461

Z explicitly says Kary's his top town read and he'd follow her the most, and he's acting like that shouldn't be suspicious for any reason or act as evidence as a Kary/Z scumteam

In these post he almost makes her immune to criticism, like she can't be questioned. Kind of defensive of Kary.

For someone who's pinned (and misrepresented) me for buddying, you've done a lot of it yourself.
Your forgetting the part where I said there was a triad of slots I’m looking at based on the flip. That was Up, Kary, and then you to a much lesser extent.

The reason being due to the debate in that slot Up and Kary had. Both can’t be town at this point, one of them is your team mate.
are you saying I'm scum with Pokechu?
It’s a possibility between you asking them to be a double voter for you, putting a case on them then backing off. Feels teamy to me.

Up I’m torn on as well tbh but without a doubt pokechu should be lynched today. They way they just did that combined with their past actions is scummy as hell. No cop plays like that

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In the UP v Kary why is it Kary and not UP?
Is Pokechu+Poyzin just as possible?
I’m leaning Kary due to the double vote they wanted from Pokechu that chu was obedient to regardless of their other votes. Kary also built a case on Chu then dropped it. Which was odd but when you combine today’s events with that already it paints a chu and Kary scum team.

Now Chu needs to be the vote today

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Your forgetting the part where I said there was a triad of slots I’m looking at based on the flip. That was Up, Kary, and then you to a much lesser extent.

The reason being due to the debate in that slot Up and Kary had. Both can’t be town at this point, one of them is your team mate.

It’s a possibility between you asking them to be a double voter for you, putting a case on them then backing off. Feels teamy to me.

Up I’m torn on as well tbh but without a doubt pokechu should be lynched today. They way they just did that combined with their past actions is scummy as hell. No cop plays like that
I’m leaning Kary due to the double vote they wanted from Pokechu that chu was obedient to regardless of their other votes. Kary also built a case on Chu then dropped it. Which was odd but when you combine today’s events with that already it paints a chu and Kary scum team.

Now Chu needs to be the vote today
I just brought up like five quotes though where you said Kary was your top town read..... so why are you trying to pin her with me as the scum team? I don't follow.

And what do you mean no cop plays like that? "That" is kind of vague

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just brought up like five quotes though where you said Kary was your top town read..... so why are you trying to pin her with me as the scum team? I don't follow.

And what do you mean no cop plays like that? "That" is kind of vague
Your again not reading, but I’m not surprised. There where there slots, I told everyone my read was going to drastically change based on today’s info. So your really stretching your points here, when i already knew I was going to have a big change. That flip was and will always be the most important one this game has.

That info changed everything and it has. So yes I went from town reading a slot to scum leaning them. It’s not a big shock considering the info out out here today.

And I already told you, cops always read their gut. I’ve played 40 plus games and there has and never will be a cop that doesn’t go for their gut right away. It’s just how that role works as a cop has to trust only themselves above all else until clearing someone.

Although that reminds, you “cleared” up.

If your scum that doesn’t look good on him. But I can’t see you testing fate like that. It be a stupid move. So up is probably town and not scum. Which further backs up that he is not your partner

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Didn’t expect this to be today’s theme:

Also didn’t expect scum to make such a bold claim

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Your again not reading, but I’m not surprised. There where there slots, I told everyone my read was going to drastically change based on today’s info. So your really stretching your points here, when i already knew I was going to have a big change. That flip was and will always be the most important one this game has.

That info changed everything and it has. So yes I went from town reading a slot to scum leaning them. It’s not a big shock considering the info out out here today.

And I already told you, cops always read their gut. I’ve played 40 plus games and there has and never will be a cop that doesn’t go for their gut right away. It’s just how that role works as a cop has to trust only themselves above all else until clearing someone.

Although that reminds, you “cleared” up.

If your scum that doesn’t look good on him. But I can’t see you testing fate like that. It be a stupid move. So up is probably town and not scum. Which further backs up that he is not your partner
Who said I wasn't reading?? I was commenting. You can't deny it's very jarring to see you ask "why is Sab targeting the most town read slot, Kary?" and then the next day you say Kary is scum with me LMAO

And when someone rolls cop they don't become mafia masters too!! I chose to cop Poy before you because Poy could've been D2's lynch. It's not like a blood oath that you have to go with your gut! I knew there was still time to get you out!

I don't see how I cleared Poy but I think this is more WIFOM which isn't very substantial or deep. Hypothetically scum!Chu could just want you to think Poy is cleared

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Who said I wasn't reading?? I was commenting. You can't deny it's very jarring to see you ask "why is Sab targeting the most town read slot, Kary?" and then the next day you say Kary is scum with me LMAO

And when someone rolls cop they don't become mafia masters too!! I chose to cop Poy before you because Poy could've been D2's lynch. It's not like a blood oath that you have to go with your gut! I knew there was still time to get you out!

I don't see how I cleared Poy but I think this is more WIFOM which isn't very substantial or deep. Hypothetically scum!Chu could just want you to think Poy is cleared
No but your a very experienced player, so let’s not down play your behavior now.

And really you wanted to stop a poy lynch? There’s no reason for a cop to care. Your goal is to check your gut for scum reads, not try to stop a lynch from happening the next day. Also there were plenty of players left. This now honestly feels like your trying to hard protect Utopian.

which is shady as hell.

And I wasn’t the only one town reading Kary when Sab came in. So that statement is still factual.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
No but your a very experienced player, so let’s not down play your behavior now.

And really you wanted to stop a poy lynch? There’s no reason for a cop to care. Your goal is to check your gut for scum reads, not try to stop a lynch from happening the next day. Also there were plenty of players left. This now honestly feels like your trying to hard protect Utopian.

which is shady as hell.

And I wasn’t the only one town reading Kary when Sab came in. So that statement is still factual.
So before, Poyzin is town, but now that I'm "hard protecting" him he's shady as hell? Or I'm shady as hell? Or both? I don't know what I did that's considered hard protecting so could you explain that (and how it's different from you and Kary @ #661) ? I could go the whole game and not target scum. With how Poy played D1 ("GLG is scummy!") yeah I definitely wanted him resolved first :laugh:

Not sure what you mean by your last bit, I'm just saying that seeing you do a 180 on Kary's slot so quickly, is strange. Since you could've put some of that together in the thread yesterDay (where you were defending Kary and supporting her points) but I digress

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So before, Poyzin is town, but now that I'm "hard protecting" him he's shady as hell? Or I'm shady as hell? Or both? I don't know what I did that's considered hard protecting so could you explain that (and how it's different from you and Kary @ #661) ? I could go the whole game and not target scum. With how Poy played D1 ("GLG is scummy!") yeah I definitely wanted him resolved first :laugh:

Not sure what you mean by your last bit, I'm just saying that seeing you do a 180 on Kary's slot so quickly, is strange. Since you could've put some of that together in the thread yesterDay (where you were defending Kary and supporting her points) but I digress
GLG is always seen as scummy, there were better options and I refuse to believe you would be that naive or dumb to do that.

And your the shady one. Your going all in on fake claiming you cleared Utopian, when as scum unless he’s your mate or you want to **** with town, you wouldn’t do this. And you defended him again in that last post you quoted.

But you know what, there’s no point talking to a liar,

In fact, UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin i want your opinion. You completely town read me and rightfully so. Now what do you think of this non sense? Especially when last game we couldn’t even trust the town cop, so I’m not trusting a scum posing as cop

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Rolecop.

Vote Z
Oh wait I just realized something.

Your claiming Role Cop.

You really ****ed up didn’t you?
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Role_Cop

Let’s quite that first paragraph:

“role cop is a role that learns the target’s role, not their alignment”

“it is generally used as a mafia role over town”

So Pokechu, how can you be a role cop and know my alignment? You also would have just seen roleblocker not mafia roleblocjer. On top of the fact no one has been blocked!

The answer you can’t!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Oh wait I just realized something.

Your claiming Role Cop.

You really ****ed up didn’t you?
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Role_Cop

Let’s quite that first paragraph:

“role cop is a role that learns the target’s role, not their alignment”

“it is generally used as a mafia role over town”

So Pokechu, how can you be a role cop and know my alignment? You also would have just seen roleblocker not mafia roleblocjer. On top of the fact no one has been blocked!

The answer you can’t!
That’s what my role says. Rolecop. I get your role’s name. It should be in your role PM right? Like I’m Town Rolecop specifically in my Role PM. He highlighted it in green and all. So if I were to check myself, I would get Town Rolecop. LOL :laugh:

I won’t lie I thought that too. Like I thought it was strange that I get both the alignment and role. But I’m not complaining!

Top Bottom