• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia III: Game Over. Who Won?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 2.1

2. UtopianPoyzin: Kary
4. Z25
5. Giraffelasergun
6. Pythag
7. Pokechu
8. Kary
9. Bessie

Not Voting
UtopianPoyzin, Z25, Giraffelasergun, Pythag, Pokechu, Bessie;

Important Game Links
Game Links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

*= Currently being replaced
^= V/LA

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 2 is March 22nd, at 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
This whole game suddenly wants me dead and I don’t think I like that.... No one’s even made a good argument, just one-off sentences!! LOL
Pokechu or Z25. There's been a few posts from pokechu that have been overly buddying with other slots/overly defensive of slots without reasons that striked me as off. I would need to do a reread to find them.
Can you do this? Give me a post number or two?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Y'all want a wild ride down town? Listen up. Buckle up. This gon be LONG.

Here's my thing about Z. The slot has been SO... nonchalant. For lack of better word? Like, not really caring about anything. I guess I'd concur GLG's assessment of him not being proactive or lacking initiative. My only language is slang so I would say he's been wishy-washy????

He votes for me really just for my activity seeming like an initial scum move or push, like showing up at the start and then dipping.
With zesto being replaced and not much going on, I’m voting with my other guy read for now:

Vote: pokechu

They haven’t been prodded but they haven’t really posted. Makes it feel like an initial move then by them imo
When someone starts to go against him, he makes potshots and kind of OMGUSes like his opinion is the only one that can be right.

Utopian hard defending you right off the bat Could be quite telling.
actually hold up.

Why did you go out of your way to fetch games for pokechu when they could have done that themselves? On top of immediately defending my vote on them.

What makes you want to be so connected to a slot you should barely know about?
Hmmm
This wasn’t even answered but yet again you cling to pokechu and proceed to even provide a game they were in when you weren’t asked.

And then immediately defending them despite no interactions between the two of you really. This is a very odd occurrence. I’d love to hear your thought process here
None of this is a real argument. He just went against Poyzin because Poyzin didn't like how he was pushing me. Poyzin doing me a favor and linking to a game is not him trying to be "connected" to my slot. Can people not do small favors like that in mafia? LOL Like are people not allowed to defend other players now? Isn't that part of the game, debating your mindset? Does he need interactions to defend me? Should he need interactions with me in order to combat an argument by someone else? Like isn't this just gatekeeping . I don't understand Z's mindset here, he says Poyzin hard defended me but he (Z) really jumped at Poyzin too quickly.

So he's interested in tying me to Poyzin now. Cool, everyone has their stances. He's really not feeling (LMAO Shulk quote :laugh:) Poyzin right now. We'll get back to this later.
By your own statements, your saying your not inactive. Which if I agree with that, how do you view the situation now?

That would be poy very much trying to appeal to you an active player that he’s barely interacted with. Doesn’t mean your both scum, but I think it could be a very telling action that he could be scum if not both of you. But I’m starting to think the former.

This is the same type of tactic he used last game, trying to appeal t specific players and look town. Which he wasn’t. So thesis behavior is worth bringing up.

Again though your being seen as active, so utopian would be rushing to defend an active townie he has no direct interaction with before then. I think you can surely see that’s a little odd, don’t you think?
Telling of their alignment. Scum utopian was deploying similar strays last game in an attempt to seem torn. Most townies don’t stretch themselves too much day one to prove for others or themselves.Which is partially how he got lynched last game as well
Kary asks them to substantiate their read on me with a post, and Z clearly misrepresents me
Z25 Z25 since you have a gut read / scum lean on Pokechu, I want to know which one of Pokechu's posts you think is the worst/scummiest.
48 and 50 are gold examples of their behavior imo.

They came into the thread really over the topish for lack of a better word. Making sure that all their past relationships from games get out front and center almost as if they are trying to appeal based on that and look better. Then suggesting a random wagon like that just for fun isn’t really what should be suggested by town joke or not; especially when it seemed they actually approve of that mindset. Their interactions are all a little strange but that’s because of the last with players here and their overall personality I would say. Still as a play it’s not a strong one. It’s got me really thinking over that slot constantly
The two posts in question

Really?? Was it months??? It didn't feel like it. I feel like I popped in every now and then in the social thread LOL

Classes just get harder and harder. It doesn't make sense!!! I'm willing to be a stay-at-home-hubby now. But it definitely has been a while since I've been in the ring, and a while since we've actually talked! I'd love to still be your husband :'^) We shall ALWAYS be soulmates

Now flirt with me and sweep me off my feet!~

To answer my own question Embarrass I always find Z25 to be difficult to read. Not sure why! I've been seeing him play since the start of the NZone group but he can be unpredictable. His plays are always impressive! But I can never quite find out what he's thinking at a given time. But if you read this Z, it's very nice to see you again after so long!

How uncouth! You never ask a gentleman his age. Back in my day, we would have been STONED for that.

Ask me again and I'll get my gang on you. I'm a Crip so if you're a Blood there will be trouble
It's fun.

HAH! LOL :joyful:

I wish I had a better reason!!!! Well, I do, I usually can't read him well either but to just put out a vote, yeah definitely him. If I got a wagon going seeing his reaction would be hilarious (and also a bit helpful! It's helped me in a game or two before).

+ that it's fun
The first is me giggling with GLG like I do in every game we're in together, and answering the question I posed him (warming up to the game essentially). The second is me just fooling around with my joke vote. That's miles away from me seriously "suggesting a random wagon" and "approving of that mindset." I have no clue where Z pulled that from.

Now back to his Poy read. Z posts a reads list in #289. This is what he has to say about Poyzin
Utopian: They are playing similar to last game. Where they had a fairly good early presences but now it’s gone down a bit compared to their actions day one last game. Their play here looks townish to me but I’m still unsure of what to believe their alignment is after not realizing they were sorcerer last game. I also really can’t see the odds lining up for them to be scum again, but they have quite a track record. This is probably the slot I would put as town most out of my null list just because of the odds of them being scum that many times in a row so low and I like statistics at least partially.
Huh????? "I would put this slot as the most town out of my null list (GLG, Poyzin, Pokechu) because statistics." Z went hard in on and took a bite out of Poyzin for siding with me earlier in the Day phase, but all of that is ignored solely for statistics? Even though, statistically, in this game alone, we all had the same chance of being town or scum? Like Z isn't using content to support this judgment. That's what is anti-town. He hasn't been sturdy with a lot of the things he's said this game. He's throwing out potshots off the cuff and then going back on his word saying "well, they might be town!"

Start of this Day

Utopian has a good amount of interactions with Rax. Do you think that would mean he could have been who killed rax?

Maybe as a joke due to the whole repeat scum joke they had going on?
This post reads kind of slimy to me. Why would Poyzin treat the first Night kill as a joke? Obviously it wasn't a joke!!! They got our tracker out!!!!! LMAO :joyful:

This seems to me like a cheap attempt to throw dirt on Poyzin, but disguised as asking Kary where her head was at (with regards to her voting Poyzin toDay right off the bat). Like why would the amount of interactions Poyzin has with Rax give credence to Poyzin killing him? I don't understand the correlation.
I’m in the same vein as Bessie, utopian or pokechu. I can’t shake the feeling that one of them is scum. Utopian could give us some information upon flip at least
And now he's made the full circle back to me and Poyzin, one of us being scum. Even though he's hardly analyzed either of us, either of our posts. I don't have a clue as to how his mind got to where it's at from this. I'm scummy at first because I wasn't that active (despite how Z only had about two more posts). I combat him, Poyzin agrees with me, so now Z thinks we're both scum. However, Z feels statistics show that Poyzin's probably town, so Z backs off Poyzin a bit. Until this Day phase, where Raxxel is killed and Z thinks it's possibly a joke? And then he's made the full circle of getting Poyzin back as a scumread. Like throughout all of this, he hardly uses the content Poyzin and I posted. He hasn't made an ISO for either of us, he hasn't really interacted with us to get a better read of where we're at; he hasn't advanced his read. But as town, shouldn't you always look to advance your read? You should be motivated to put content out there if there isn't any, in order to advance your read.
To be fair I can’t really be proactive if this game isn’t
It's not the other players' job to make content for you to respond to. As town it lies on your shoulders to deduce who the scum is, not sit back and go "well IDK how to be proactive here". There's a reason Kary and Bess are townread, and it's because they're doing well with what the game has given them. They don't have a superpower or anything!! LOL

Similar quote from D1
I chose not to post because there wasn’t much to say. There was all one one page to go through before I came back to the thread.
Ask players questions? Meta reads? Prior history? Like D1 Kary asked who I hadn't played with, Poyzin asked me my stance on "ends justify the means". There's always something to post. There wasn't much to say, yet Z based his first vote on me entirely on my (in)activity and how it seemed like a scum move. Make it make sense!!!! LOL Like it goes both ways. You're choosing not to post, yet you're harping on someone you thought wasn't active enough . There's clearly a bigger evil here

All of this together makes me believe that yes, Z is lacking initiative. He's not getting down and dirty with his reads and going in-depth unless it's a quick potshot ("you're defending him but you haven't even interacted with him, could be telling!!!!"), and those potshots, he walks back out of with "statistics". It feels like Z is testing the waters and he goes with what gets reception (or doesn't go with what doesn't get reception). His arguments are shallow and he's been very opportunistic. Unless an epiphany hits me, I think Z will be my vote for toDay.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Y'all want a wild ride down town? Listen up. Buckle up. This gon be LONG.

Here's my thing about Z. The slot has been SO... nonchalant. For lack of better word? Like, not really caring about anything. I guess I'd concur GLG's assessment of him not being proactive or lacking initiative. My only language is slang so I would say he's been wishy-washy????

He votes for me really just for my activity seeming like an initial scum move or push, like showing up at the start and then dipping.

When someone starts to go against him, he makes potshots and kind of OMGUSes like his opinion is the only one that can be right.

None of this is a real argument. He just went against Poyzin because Poyzin didn't like how he was pushing me. Poyzin doing me a favor and linking to a game is not him trying to be "connected" to my slot. Can people not do small favors like that in mafia? LOL Like are people not allowed to defend other players now? Isn't that part of the game, debating your mindset? Does he need interactions to defend me? Should he need interactions with me in order to combat an argument by someone else? Like isn't this just gatekeeping . I don't understand Z's mindset here, he says Poyzin hard defended me but he (Z) really jumped at Poyzin too quickly.

So he's interested in tying me to Poyzin now. Cool, everyone has their stances. He's really not feeling (LMAO Shulk quote :laugh:) Poyzin right now. We'll get back to this later.

Kary asks them to substantiate their read on me with a post, and Z clearly misrepresents me

The two posts in question

The first is me giggling with GLG like I do in every game we're in together, and answering the question I posed him (warming up to the game essentially). The second is me just fooling around with my joke vote. That's miles away from me seriously "suggesting a random wagon" and "approving of that mindset." I have no clue where Z pulled that from.

Now back to his Poy read. Z posts a reads list in #289. This is what he has to say about Poyzin

Huh????? "I would put this slot as the most town out of my null list (GLG, Poyzin, Pokechu) because statistics." Z went hard in on and took a bite out of Poyzin for siding with me earlier in the Day phase, but all of that is ignored solely for statistics? Even though, statistically, in this game alone, we all had the same chance of being town or scum? Like Z isn't using content to support this judgment. That's what is anti-town. He hasn't been sturdy with a lot of the things he's said this game. He's throwing out potshots off the cuff and then going back on his word saying "well, they might be town!"

Start of this Day

This post reads kind of slimy to me. Why would Poyzin treat the first Night kill as a joke? Obviously it wasn't a joke!!! They got our tracker out!!!!! LMAO :joyful:

This seems to me like a cheap attempt to throw dirt on Poyzin, but disguised as asking Kary where her head was at (with regards to her voting Poyzin toDay right off the bat). Like why would the amount of interactions Poyzin has with Rax give credence to Poyzin killing him? I don't understand the correlation.

And now he's made the full circle back to me and Poyzin, one of us being scum. Even though he's hardly analyzed either of us, either of our posts. I don't have a clue as to how his mind got to where it's at from this. I'm scummy at first because I wasn't that active (despite how Z only had about two more posts). I combat him, Poyzin agrees with me, so now Z thinks we're both scum. However, Z feels statistics show that Poyzin's probably town, so Z backs off Poyzin a bit. Until this Day phase, where Raxxel is killed and Z thinks it's possibly a joke? And then he's made the full circle of getting Poyzin back as a scumread. Like throughout all of this, he hardly uses the content Poyzin and I posted. He hasn't made an ISO for either of us, he hasn't really interacted with us to get a better read of where we're at; he hasn't advanced his read. But as town, shouldn't you always look to advance your read? You should be motivated to put content out there if there isn't any, in order to advance your read.

It's not the other players' job to make content for you to respond to. As town it lies on your shoulders to deduce who the scum is, not sit back and go "well IDK how to be proactive here". There's a reason Kary and Bess are townread, and it's because they're doing well with what the game has given them. They don't have a superpower or anything!! LOL

Similar quote from D1

Ask players questions? Meta reads? Prior history? Like D1 Kary asked who I hadn't played with, Poyzin asked me my stance on "ends justify the means". There's always something to post. There wasn't much to say, yet Z based his first vote on me entirely on my (in)activity and how it seemed like a scum move. Make it make sense!!!! LOL Like it goes both ways. You're choosing not to post, yet you're harping on someone you thought wasn't active enough . There's clearly a bigger evil here

All of this together makes me believe that yes, Z is lacking initiative. He's not getting down and dirty with his reads and going in-depth unless it's a quick potshot ("you're defending him but you haven't even interacted with him, could be telling!!!!"), and those potshots, he walks back out of with "statistics". It feels like Z is testing the waters and he goes with what gets reception (or doesn't go with what doesn't get reception). His arguments are shallow and he's been very opportunistic. Unless an epiphany hits me, I think Z will be my vote for toDay.
Honestly there is way to much here for me to deal with on mobile but 3 things:

1) I actually would say I have a decent reason to feel how I do on that slot. I already said this multiple times but his last game shows a play style akin to this.

Also if he flipped scum what would you say then?

2) You clearly haven’t paid enough attention in these games if you don’t think people kill night one as a joke every so often. It’s night one scums odds of hitting anyone important would be low( admittedly they got lucky here though). So it’s not out there. Especially when Maven has literally killed people like Nabe as a joke night one( or it was the other way around. To many HBC members in our past game).

So yes people with heavy past experience with someone can absolutely pick a joke target night one for a kill. So bringing that up wasn’t crazy.

And if your gonna to preach to me about staying on a target, your in the same damn boat considering you followed Kary around like a lost puppy yesterday and just automatically went for their vote at request.

3) Please explain to me how I can be proactive if there’s barely substantial evidence and content for me to analyze. I can’t do my job of analyzing if no one else is heavily posting. Most people( and very likely scum) are trying to cost by no doubt.

I could see here and talk to my self all day long and flood the page with text, but what the **** would that accomplish if only Kary is actively participating?

The answer nothing. So yes your logic here makes no sense and now your the one seemingly to throw dirt, despite the fact you’ve been just as uncommitted.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Can you do this? Give me a post number or two?
Here are a few quotes for you:

You like to use meta??? We'll get along perfectly!!! I wonder if GLG is polyamorous, I could have you as another husband!! Actually, no. I like GLG

How do you feel about Kary questioning Maven re: his jailer jest? Since they said either Maven's really town jailer OR they're fakeclaiming scum. No in-between! No possibility of satire. What's your take? How do you interpret jokes (I'm assuming) like the one Maven made? And those who take them seriously? Do you think that's justified?

I'm a huge class clown so it raises my unibrow a bit, in the fact that something I did off the cuff can be taken heavily by others. I feel like people can mislead themselves with that kind of mindset. But let me get your $0.02
That's what I'm saying!! My feelings HURTED!! They don't hurt no more but they did!!! Ouch!!! NOT necessary !!!! LOL cmon Z we should be in this together as college kids!! we ALL struggle with time, ALL the time! dont try 2 deny it !!! :smirk:

I will apologize for not getting to this before T-Rax answered it. I've been indulging in my vices and when I first read it I thought my answer would be obvious. So I paper-clipped it and continued to be lazy. But I'll put a better foot forward from now on and get to questions quicker since I can see why others answering them would be bad.

Feeling a bit tired from doing nothing all day (wow!) but will try to put some of my $0.02 out
Awwww, voting's not so scary when you do it with a good friend!!!! I'm down for this!!! What a great way to overcome my phobia - to become entirely dependent on other people! I can't imagine any drawbacks at all! LOL

Vote Maven
Looking at his post history I thought he had posted more. But he hasn't. He hasn't posted for like three days LOL ouch he's losing some points!!!!

but what he has posted, some of it I liked. His #91 gave unique perspectives, like suggesting T-Rax/UP were scum and the joke T-Rax made was foreshadowing that. But that's all he's really said. He isn't pinging my scum!GLG radar so far but I really thought he had more of a presence. Interesting
The last post is both an attack/defense on me but you get the point.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
giraffelasergun giraffelasergun why is Poyzin scum, in your own words?

A lot of their early posts I didn't really like.

Dang.
Vote: Poyzin
My luck really is that bad, huh?
Cool, Kary's town too. I'm conf!town now.

Unvote; Vote: Giraffelasergun

Okay now let's actually play.
I don't like in two of their first posts they felt the need to call themselves both scum and town. This might be more of a personal opinion, but I'm generally more wary of slots that feel the need to comment their alignment without prompts from other, regardless if they claim scum or town.

Then there were the posts of law of averages.

Please, the Law of Averages states that I can't be anti-town 7 rolls in a row. That's why I have already self voted and repeated the post that Kary hated the most last game, to prove how scummy I am.

But maybe it was all an illusion?
7 anti-town rolls in a row is more impressive, in my opinion. But what if it's true?

Alright, moving on. How do you feel about Raxxel thus far, given that you just got out of a game with him?
Lol the Law of Averages is universally recognized as a logical fallacy thanks for keeping me serious here :/
I feel like the only reason they brought it up initially was a way to say that it's so statistically unlikely they're town, that there is no way they'd be scum. He also dropped it the minute got called out on it, which makes me question why he even brought it up in the first place if he didn't want it to be taken seriously.

Pokechu Pokechu , when it pertains to mafia, what is your opinion over the ideology (that either faction can utilize) of "the ends justify the means"?
There was this random question they asked to pokechu that they barely followed up on.

The end is winning. The means are the strategies and gambits utilized to get there. I figured I'd ask you some philosmafical questions in the meantime while waiting for the game to get underway. You feel?
It looks like he gave a chance for both himself and pokechu to have more content without saying anything about the current gamestate. I would have been fine with this question if it was actually about the current game, but to go out of your way to ask someone else about mafia theory in general feels weird.

This is stuff that has already been touched up on, but going out of way to find ZestOfLife's game history felt weird, I don't like how multiple people(you, Bessie, pythag) asked why his initial vote was on me, made posts without answering the question about his initial vote, and then when he finally answered said "it was just a hunch". If it was a joke vote turned serious that would have been fine, but of the one post I made before he voted for me I don't understand why he decided it was enough to make a justified vote on.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Here are a few quotes for you:

The last post is both an attack/defense on me but you get the point.
I appreciate the quotes! But I really don't know what's wrong with them. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say because rereading my own posts to see which ones seemed overly buddying or defensive, I never thought twice about any posts really, but especially those four. Like I could why someone might see my #151 as overly aggressive AND defensive cause I was petty and really let my distaste of Z's argument slip out LOL

but the first quote, what you have bolded, is me greeting Pythag because I didn't think we had played before. The second is me clowning with Poy as he said Z had roasted me. The third is me clowning with Kary because I'm fully aware that it's not good to copycat votes like that. But I like Kary, he was voting for someone I found suspicious, and it's funny. And the fourth quote is just my open thoughts on your slot. What's wrong about any of those?

I feel like you could pull portions like those out of any player's posts. Like buddying or defending. We're all friends here, what's the point of playing the game if you're not having fun? Anyone who's played with me before knows I'm here for a good time not a long time LMAO

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I appreciate the quotes! But I really don't know what's wrong with them. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say because rereading my own posts to see which ones seemed overly buddying or defensive, I never thought twice about any posts really, but especially those four. Like I could why someone might see my #151 as overly aggressive AND defensive cause I was petty and really let my distaste of Z's argument slip out LOL

but the first quote, what you have bolded, is me greeting Pythag because I didn't think we had played before. The second is me clowning with Poy as he said Z had roasted me. The third is me clowning with Kary because I'm fully aware that it's not good to copycat votes like that. But I like Kary, he was voting for someone I found suspicious, and it's funny. And the fourth quote is just my open thoughts on your slot. What's wrong about any of those?

I feel like you could pull portions like those out of any player's posts. Like buddying or defending. We're all friends here, what's the point of playing the game if you're not having fun? Anyone who's played with me before knows I'm here for a good time not a long time LMAO

You understand you've been acting as a double vote and are now trying to say you haven't been overly buddying someone? Like there were multiple instances last day phase where Kary tagged you to vote for someone and you did?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
You understand you've been acting as a double vote and are now trying to say you haven't been overly buddying someone? Like there were multiple instances last day phase where Kary tagged you to vote for someone and you did?
I only voted twice yesterDay. once when I came into the thread the first time, that vote was for Maven, and that vote was also unprompted (no one told me to make it). And only one of the times where Kary tagged me, once again voting Maven. Even now Kary tagged me when she voted Poyzin, and I haven't voted Poyzin. That's not overly buddying

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I only voted twice yesterDay. once when I came into the thread the first time, that vote was for Maven, and that vote was also unprompted (no one told me to make it). And only one of the times where Kary tagged me, once again voting Maven. Even now Kary tagged me when she voted Poyzin, and I haven't voted Poyzin. That's not overly buddying
Still you listened to them the first time without hesitation. If Kary is scum and got lynched and flipped as such it would look bad on you for blindly trusting someone when you would have had no strong reason to at the time.

So I think that point is still fair on glg’s end. Especially when I don’t think you have really said why you did it unless I missed that.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Still you listened to them the first time without hesitation. If Kary is scum and got lynched and flipped as such it would look bad on you for blindly trusting someone when you would have had no strong reason to at the time.

So I think that point is still fair on glg’s end. Especially when I don’t think you have really said why you did it unless I missed that.
It would look bad on everyone equally because Maven was town. how was I supposed to know that? How were the other towns supposed to know that? Like I was suspicious of Maven regardless of Kary’s vote. Her flipping scum wouldn’t change how most of the game voted Maven, so that wouldn’t be on just me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It would look bad on everyone equally because Maven was town. how was I supposed to know that? How were the other towns supposed to know that? Like I was suspicious of Maven regardless of Kary’s vote. Her flipping scum wouldn’t change how most of the game voted Maven, so that wouldn’t be on just me.
We did all eventually vote maven but you were there at the moment of a tag. Which looks unnatural. And you can say you wouldn’t know if he was town or not, but at the end of the day if scum you would know anyway

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
We did all eventually vote maven but you were there at the moment of a tag. Which looks unnatural. And you can say you wouldn’t know if he was town or not, but at the end of the day if scum you would know anyway
You say I was there “at the moment of a tag” as if I wasn’t already in the thread. I had just made numerous posts LOL

and even if it looks unnatural. So what? It literally means nothing towards my alignment because there’s so many reasons why I could pop in the thread at any given moment. And just like how as scum I would know he’s town, that applies to everyone. So as scum you would know he’s town and maybe avoid voting him in order to look better? Like your argument here is basically WIFOM.

Raxxel asked Kary and Bess last few minutes of the Day if they were interested in switching the lynch to me. No one labeled that as “overly buddying” but it’s exact the same thing. Yet when I vote with Kary on someone I already said I was suspicious on, it’s suddenly Houston we have a problem LMAO

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You say I was there “at the moment of a tag” as if I wasn’t already in the thread. I had just made numerous posts LOL

and even if it looks unnatural. So what? It literally means nothing towards my alignment because there’s so many reasons why I could pop in the thread at any given moment. And just like how as scum I would know he’s town, that applies to everyone. So as scum you would know he’s town and maybe avoid voting him in order to look better? Like your argument here is basically WIFOM.

Raxxel asked Kary and Bess last few minutes of the Day if they were interested in switching the lynch to me. No one labeled that as “overly buddying” but it’s exact the same thing. Yet when I vote with Kary on someone I already said I was suspicious on, it’s suddenly Houston we have a problem LMAO
You do realize moment of a tag wasn’t in a physical sense but metaphorical right?

And if your best defense to something be unnatural for a person to do is so what, that’s not great. Tags usually attract immediate attention anyway. So yes you were here but you still immediately went for what was asked.

I also never outright said you were scum buddies. I just pointed out that in that scenario you would look bad. Especially when two big tactics by scum in these scums are to tag people to get them to vote or trying to switch a vote last second. So you actually bring a good point up there.

I want to ask you one thing though.

What do you think of GLG currently?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
You do realize moment of a tag wasn’t in a physical sense but metaphorical right?

And if your best defense to something be unnatural for a person to do is so what, that’s not great. Tags usually attract immediate attention anyway. So yes you were here but you still immediately went for what was asked.

I also never outright said you were scum buddies. I just pointed out that in that scenario you would look bad. Especially when two big tactics by scum in these scums are to tag people to get them to vote or trying to switch a vote last second. So you actually bring a good point up there.

I want to ask you one thing though.

What do you think of GLG currently?
That argument in the first place (something being "unnatural"; very vague and opinionated and it depends on your specific view.) isn't great to begin with. So it getting a just as not-great response (so what?), shouldn't be a surpise tbh

Answer me this. What reason would there have been for me to not vote? My candidates for that Day's lynch were you, Pythag, Maven, and Raxxel. I don't recall you and Raxxel getting much heat after I voted Maven. Pythag I think got a little bit. Could be wrong. But a lynch on you, Pythag, or Raxxel did not seem very likely that Day.

So regardless of if I voted right then for Maven or if I did it later, my vote would have ended up on him. And I voted like two days before the phase even ended. And it's not a blood oath !!! LMAO like I could've moved my vote to anyone else at any time. I was suspicious of Maven and I thought doubling Kary's vote would be fun. even Kary himself didn't seem bothered by the vote. so IDK why people are turnt by it :laugh:
Kary, you mentioned twice about pokechu being your double voter.
Why specifically him?
Kary does it ping you at all that pokechu is sheeping your vote?
That exchange between you two was weird as all get out
It just makes sense in the context of our history and interactions.
It doesn't ping me especially because it's what I expected he would do. I do need to reread it though.

And GLG is doing better!! He seems busy but what he has out so far I've liked. I think he's making more of a real effort to play the game this Day, he's not ringing my scum bells but I usually give him a lot of wiggle room anyways because of bias so that's why I'm always iffy about him haha :x

I'll try to reread his posts to see where I'm really at with him and I'll update you! I haven't changed much from what I last said about him in #221 near the end of last Day

Looking at his post history I thought he had posted more. But he hasn't. He hasn't posted for like three days LOL ouch he's losing some points!!!!

but what he has posted, some of it I liked. His #91 gave unique perspectives, like suggesting T-Rax/UP were scum and the joke T-Rax made was foreshadowing that. But that's all he's really said. He isn't pinging my scum!GLG radar so far but I really thought he had more of a presence. Interesting
Like he's putting out neat perspectives - I was willing to give his inactivity the benefit of the doubt for a lil' bit! But I still don't feel comfy calling him town or scum. He makes good observations in his #367 but I really have to reread to find out where I'm at.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
He makes good observations in his #367 but I really have to reread to find out where I'm at.
EBWOP

e.g. in general with GLG and in terms of why I'm not very suspicious of Poyzin. I just think Poyzin knows how to really fool people and if he flips scum with what he's posted I'll be disappointed LOL

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That argument in the first place (something being "unnatural"; very vague and opinionated and it depends on your specific view.) isn't great to begin with. So it getting a just as not-great response (so what?), shouldn't be a surpise tbh

So regardless of if I voted right then for Maven or if I did it later, my vote would have ended up on him. And I voted like two days before the phase even ended. And it's not a blood oath !!! LMAO like I could've moved my vote to anyone else at any time. I was suspicious of Maven and I thought doubling Kary's vote would be fun. even Kary himself didn't seem bothered by the vote. so IDK why people are turnt by it :laugh:

And GLG is doing better!! He seems busy but what he has out so far I've liked. I think he's making more of a real effort to play the game this Day, he's not ringing my scum bells but I usually give him a lot of wiggle room anyways because of bias so that's why I'm always iffy about him haha :x

I'll try to reread his posts to see where I'm really at with him and I'll update you! I haven't changed much from what I last said about him in #221 near the end of last Day

Like he's putting out neat perspectives - I was willing to give his inactivity the benefit of the doubt for a lil' bit! But I still don't feel comfy calling him town or scum. He makes good observations in his #367 but I really have to reread to find out where I'm at.
“Answer me this. What reason would there have been for me to not vote? My candidates for that Day's lynch were you, Pythag, Maven, and Raxxel. I don't recall you and Raxxel getting much heat after I voted Maven. Pythag I think got a little bit. Could be wrong. But a lynch on you, Pythag, or Raxxel did not seem very likely that Day.“

What do you mean here? Your vote didn’t change anyone’s outlook on anyone. So what?

And if you felt strongly about any of those slots over maven you should need someone to tell you what to do. Be independent and make your own choices. Sticking to your gut is always better long term.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
“Answer me this. What reason would there have been for me to not vote? My candidates for that Day's lynch were you, Pythag, Maven, and Raxxel. I don't recall you and Raxxel getting much heat after I voted Maven. Pythag I think got a little bit. Could be wrong. But a lynch on you, Pythag, or Raxxel did not seem very likely that Day.“

What do you mean here? Your vote didn’t change anyone’s outlook on anyone. So what?

And if you felt strongly about any of those slots over maven you should need someone to tell you what to do. Be independent and make your own choices. Sticking to your gut is always better long term.
What I meant is that if I voted you, or if I voted Pythag, or Raxxel, or the Virgin Mary! LMAO

nothing would've changed. Like Maven would've still been the lynch. And he's a lynch that I was okay with - a lynch I wanted! So regardless my vote would end up on him, even if I didn't tag-team with Kary.

And I think I said you were my #1 choice (could be wrong) but even then I wanted Maven out solely because of his inactivity and I wanted to see more content out of you. This isn't me not being independent and needing someone to tell me what to do, way to misrepresent LOL

bessie

Smash Journeyman
bessie bessie What about pokechu is scummy for you?
At the time I posted, not yet posting on D2 was one of the reasons.

From rereading during the night cycle, I do not like Post #291. There was no indication that GLG might replace out. Pokechu made this post without even reviewing the content to see when GLG last posted, also an indicator that they were not really following the game. And this post made it clear that Pokechu didn’t scum read either Maven or GLG. Later, it is open for Pokechu to point to this and say “I didn’t really want to lynch them.” See also #295, why didn’t Pokechu check instead of asking the thread if they missed anything?

This was in Post #192. Why did you wait until now to point this out? Agree strongly with the statistics thing btw, but since I don’t know Z25 at all, I don’t feel justified in scum reading him for an error that happens to a lot of people (see my earlier reference to Gambler’s Fallacy). In one game I played we had a math teacher make a similar observation and we all piled on him.

2) You clearly haven’t paid enough attention in these games if you don’t think people kill night one as a joke every so often. It’s night one scums odds of hitting anyone important would be low( admittedly they got lucky here though). So it’s not out there. Especially when Maven has literally killed people like Nabe as a joke night one( or it was the other way around. To many HBC members in our past game).

So yes people with heavy past experience with someone can absolutely pick a joke target night one for a kill. So bringing that up wasn’t crazy.
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary your opinion on this please?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
From rereading during the night cycle, I do not like Post #291. There was no indication that GLG might replace out. Pokechu made this post without even reviewing the content to see when GLG last posted, also an indicator that they were not really following the game. And this post made it clear that Pokechu didn’t scum read either Maven or GLG. Later, it is open for Pokechu to point to this and say “I didn’t really want to lynch them.” See also #295, why didn’t Pokechu check instead of asking the thread if they missed anything?
I kept up with the thread, I was just surprised Z didn't think GLG replacing out was likely. I took GLG's inactivity as the indicator he'd replace out since I recall him being more active. That's how it usually happens isn't it? LOL like the inactive people replace out right? :laugh: In hindsight I was too quick to assume but that's just my first thoughts coming back in the thread after not posting for a bit

Did anyone seriously scumread Maven though? Like justifying it and all. There weren't many of his posts to read to begin w/ ! LMAO I don't recall but it's not open for me to backtrack considering #379 where I said I wanted Maven out because of his inactivity and my #206 which sheds some light on it too
But now that Maven hasn't posted anything besides throwing shade at T-Rax, him too. I'm equally as unsure of Maven and T-Rax. My joke vote has unironically become a possible vote for me! I like when that happens
and with regards to asking the thread questions, it was rhetorical. My question in #295 I answered myself in #297
yeah since the last time I was in the thread he's posted once more. Wouldn't be surprised if he replaced out. But I would love to be proven wrong! I love playing with GLG.

This was in Post #192. Why did you wait until now to point this out? Agree strongly with the statistics thing btw, but since I don’t know Z25 at all, I don’t feel justified in scum reading him for an error that happens to a lot of people (see my earlier reference to Gambler’s Fallacy). In one game I played we had a math teacher make a similar observation and we all piled on him.
I didn't wait until now to point this out, I pointed it out in #206 too yesterDay
Honestly? From what I've seen toDay? Z or Pythag. Z because his arguments against me are just constructed very poorly. I'm mad in the first place cause it's against me LMAO, but I'm even MADDER that it's BAD. Like come on!!! If you're going to vote me, make it GOOD. STOMP me into the ground! Make me cry!! It feels like he just wanted to vote just to vote. See if he could get a real wagon going. Even his #192 terribly misrepresents one of my posts saying I was suggesting a wagon on Maven and that I approve of getting wagons on anyone for the heck of it. In his #174 he said he chose not to post because there's not much to say, but as town shouldn't you try to put more content out regardless? Even if it's asking players their stances on random things (like Poy asking me whether the ends justify the means). Staying silent just because "idk what to post" isn't good for town at all.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
At the time I posted, not yet posting on D2 was one of the reasons.

Also worth noting is that GLG did not get prodded. This means they were in communication with our host and clearly intended to stay in the game.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Also worth noting is that GLG did not get prodded. This means they were in communication with our host and clearly intended to stay in the game.
Good point! I didn’t realize that. I just expected more posts from GLG and thought since there was only one after like two days they’d be replacing out.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
If I had to make a guess I would put the Raxxel kill in the camp of trying to dodge a protective role.
I can't point to any specific examples but I wouldn't put it past someone like Nabe to kill someone for the memes, more likely in a large game I would expect.

If I were to analyze what Z actually said:
Utopian has a good amount of interactions with Rax. Do you think that would mean he could have been who killed rax?

Maybe as a joke due to the whole repeat scum joke they had going on?
I think it's more likely that Z is trying to understand my motive for voting Poyzin, rather than he is accusing Poyzin of being behind the Raxxel kill.
I can't say whether Poyzin would be inclined to kill Raxxel as a joke but I don't think it's scummy to just mention that possibility.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone seriously scumread Maven though? Like justifying it and all. There weren't many of his posts to read to begin w/ ! LMAO I don't recall but it's not open for me to backtrack considering #379 where I said I wanted Maven out because of his inactivity and my #206 which sheds some light on it too
Yes. I had a scum read of Maven, see Post #222 (for reasons) and #311.

I didn't wait until now to point this out, I pointed it out in #206 too yesterDay
Sorry I read through your posts and somehow missed that.

This is an odd speculation. Why would you even think this? Per Activity Rule #1, you are required to post once every 48 hours. If there is some allowance for the weekend, GLG was within the requirements.
#21 3/4/2020
#31 3/4/2020
#47 3/4/2020
#80 3/5/2020
#91 3/5/2020
#99 3/5/2020
#121 3/6/2020
#123 3/6/2020
#224 3/9/2020
#227 3/9/2020
#260 3/10/2020
#318 3/11/2020
#320 3/11/2020
#322 3/11/2020

Good point! I didn’t realize that. I just expected more posts from GLG and thought since there was only one after like two days they’d be replacing out.
Hmmmmm.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
This might be more of a personal opinion, but I'm generally more wary of slots that feel the need to comment their alignment without prompts from other, regardless if they claim scum or town.
To me this feels like a very weak point. Do you have any results where this approach actually helped you?

This might be something worth focusing on in RVS but if you're trying to tell me this helps to justify your scumread that just seems real bad...

I feel like you can be and have been obvious town in past games and you're really slacking in this one. You're only alive at this point because Maven was more of a dead weight. I really don't want to waste two lynches on lazy townies so if you could show me some of that good stuff I would appreciate it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes. I had a scum read of Maven, see Post #222 (for reasons) and #311.

Sorry I read through your posts and somehow missed that.

This is an odd speculation. Why would you even think this? Per Activity Rule #1, you are required to post once every 48 hours. If there is some allowance for the weekend, GLG was within the requirements.
#21 3/4/2020
#31 3/4/2020
#47 3/4/2020
#80 3/5/2020
#91 3/5/2020
#99 3/5/2020
#121 3/6/2020
#123 3/6/2020
#224 3/9/2020
#227 3/9/2020
#260 3/10/2020
#318 3/11/2020
#320 3/11/2020
#322 3/11/2020

Hmmmmm.
I thought they were longer apart when i checked. However before sign ups opened, ran did mention to someone( forgot who) that only a few posts per phase would be fine and wouldn’t need to be as active as last time.

260 iirc comes really close to making it 48 hours as I’m almost positive it was Thursday when we last saw him day one until that Saturday. Obviously a lot has gone on irl so I may be misremembering the exact spacing

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
UtopianPoyzin has been prodded.

Last edited:

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
How did/do you feel when I asked similar questions of Kary and he kinda just brushed them off?
Pokechu even quoted those for you, I think.

I feel like the only reason they brought it up initially was a way to say that it's so statistically unlikely they're town, that there is no way they'd be scum. He also dropped it the minute got called out on it, which makes me question why he even brought it up in the first place if he didn't want it to be taken seriously.
Now this is an interesting thought, because you weren't / aren't the only person that was thinking some of it was forced.

I want to hear Mavens case too since he's definitely the first to have really made a scumread this game.

Anyway, Vote: UP.

A lot of the humor from this slot feels forced. I don't enjoy their entrance of once again asking Kary to solve the game for them, and I feel like their point about the improbability of them being scum was a genuine attempt at having people dissuaded at the notion, and they only backed down once called out. They're not doubling down on anything in general.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin re Post #234: Can you justify your vote in #72 using only content that had been posted at the time of your vote? From the wording of your post #72, this was a serious vote, not RVS. Do you have something more than “useless” (which would be a more valid reason over the entirety of Day 1), like a strong ping, in the first three quotes?
I can't say that I had full confidence in GLG being scum in three posts, that much is true. I was just getting an artificial vibe from it. It wasn't exactly speaking to me, you know? Not the strongest case for the first three posts, but it was enough for me to cast a vote their due to general suspicions. They look a lot better today, and it appears that they took what I said to heart (?) because they appear to have meaningful contributions. And hey, they even got a pretty good case on me! I can't say that I fault it, because I kind of forgot about the game for a bit. However, I'm willing to move them off the hotseat in my book for now. Afaict though, they seem to still be a scumlean because they had the GALL to scumread me :(

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Each of these categories are broad in their outreach. There are good questions and bad questions, solid justifications and poor justifications. In terms of the above question, filler posts lie on the bottom of the spectrum, while non-existent posts are not on the spectrum at all. While the filler posts themselves cannot inherently say anything in terms of the alignment of the person, the consistency of dwelling near the bottom shows an avoidance to be properly read, allowing for them to coast under the radar so to speak, which is typically a scumtell.
lol

Vote: UtopianPoyzin

Pokechu Pokechu
I mean, you're not wrong (in the sense that I posted a bunch of filler. Don't get the wrong idea :mad:). I was just selfish because I took the time to format out a pyramid that I can use elsewhere, so I decided to leave out names.

There are good questions and bad questions, solid justifications and poor justifications. In terms of the above question, filler posts lie on the bottom of the spectrum, while non-existent posts are not on the spectrum at all. While the filler posts themselves cannot inherently say anything in terms of the alignment of the person, the consistency of dwelling near the bottom shows an avoidance to be properly read, allowing for them to coast under the radar so to speak, which is typically a scumtell.
I interpreted GLG's D1 posts to be generally unhelpful and detected some malice in their actions. Nothing gamebreaking; I just felt like they were mostly unhelpful for town. D2 looks far better though.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Poyzin
Bessie

Pokechu
Kary
Pythag

Z25
Maven
Raxxel
Giraffelasergun
Poyzin
Bessie
Pythag

Z25
Pokechu

Kary
Giraffelasergun

Hey there, it's Poyzin, and it's time for some more small-brain reads.

After further investigation, GLG doesn't look too good. In my opinion, their vote on me seems to rely more on "I don't like it" rather than anything factual based. I get that it sounds pretty hypocritical coming from my slot, but I feel like they are basically playing in survival mode, in the sense that their main objective is to get the heat off of themselves and onto me. I feel like it's clear to me when GLG is town, but I'm not getting that. They have taken my act of being overtly brash and various other posts that I've made this game as a means of devaluing the argument against them. By this, I mean that the only address that GLG has made of my scumread of them is that they didn't appreciate the attack of me saying their posts are filler. I personally expected a counterargument about why some of the posts that I described as "useless" actually have merit in the game. Once again, joke posts are fine, but even posts that look like they are about the game can really be meaningless upon further investigation. And iirc, their main scum read is on the person who had the one-track mind on GLG, and I admit that there is some merit to their scumread, as I don't really look that townie at the moment. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is my interpretation of the current events surrounding our opposing scumreads. #367 is a good case on me from GLG from an outsider's perspective; sadly, I disagree with nearly everything on it because I'm town.

I don't like in two of their first posts they felt the need to call themselves both scum and town. This might be more of a personal opinion, but I'm generally more wary of slots that feel the need to comment their alignment without prompts from other, regardless if they claim scum or town.
"I don't like it". Fair enough; to each their own.

My initial argument was known to be statistically invalid, so I couldn't have used it to support my case as town.

It looks like he gave a chance for both himself and pokechu to have more content without saying anything about the current gamestate. I would have been fine with this question if it was actually about the current game, but to go out of your way to ask someone else about mafia theory in general feels weird.
In hindsight I'm not sure where I was going with the question. I just wanted to ask Pokechu something. Probably to generate general discussion?

This is stuff that has already been touched up on, but going out of way to find ZestOfLife's game history felt weird
"I don't like it". I do research on people who /join as their first post on SB.

I don't like how multiple people(you, Bessie, pythag) asked why his initial vote was on me, made posts without answering the question about his initial vote, and then when he finally answered said "it was just a hunch". If it was a joke vote turned serious that would have been fine, but of the one post I made before he voted for me I don't understand why he decided it was enough to make a justified vote on.
I do agree that my inactivity and my lack of answering this question looked pretty bad on my end. Could potentially be dooming for me in this game. I kind of thought I already answered it but I guess this is a valid reason why I'm scum. I'm not, but I wouldn't be upset as this is a good piece of evidence on me.

I'll talk about the position changes in a lil.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Now, here's the story of how, in my mind, Kary and GLG are cemented as the scumteam.

If Maven's busy being replaced I would rather lynch GLG today.

more information / connections this way as well.

I feel like GLG is phoning in his contributions and there's no evidence of pro-active questioning or scumhunting from him.

Vote: giraffelasergun

Pokechu Pokechu

deadline is tonight, check the time for yourself.
Alright, so here we got ourselves Kary laying down a GLG vote with a good amount of time until the end of the day. Nothing too out of the ordinary, I don't think that town!GLG had a great first day for reasons that I've discussed in great detail by now, so a vote in this direction is very understandable.

Alright so fast forward to the end of the day and we got ourselves GLG's final post.

You're just now doubting my towniness after you made an iso on me two days ago?

I think Bessie and Kary have real intention to solve and are good slots to trust. I am getting good vibes from pokechu which always give me pause. Z25 is probably town. Maven going inactive I feel like is not alignment indicative for him, dude always just seems to be busy. For the most part Raxxel has good posts but something about their where they vote for Maven didn't sit right with me. It might be the way he said that if mafia want to show themselves and quick lynch maven then that's fine. I also may just be reading into what he said too much. I don't like that poyzin won't admit his vote on me was for no reason or a joke, like I think that would have been fine to say but the justification he made feels forced. Pythag is null leaning town.
Alright so with Bessie basically being universally town read, the other slot that GLG mentions is Kary. It's a bit surprising, but it is what it is. If GLG was town, the two of them would look pretty nice. However, this completely relies on the fact that GLG dies, and that he flips town. Unfortunately, we will see that neither of those outcomes would be happening D1

If you're playing me here I'm gonna be mad later.
Don't think you're mafia based on this reaction to your waggon.

If both GLG and Maven are town, I think leaving the one who's completely inactive alive is a mistake.
Don't really want to lynch Maven without a claim but I guess I'm going to.
Team is looking a lot like Poyzin + Pokechu by the way.

Pythag Pythag bessie bessie Z25 Z25 @Raxxel Pokechu Pokechu giraffelasergun giraffelasergun UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin

Vote: Maven89
Here it is; the fateful unvote. There was definitely enough time to swing the vote to Maven by the end of the day, and Maven was an easy scapegoat to push the lynch onto. Whether this was malicious or not, we'll be getting into that in a minute.

We put GLG in the firing line yesterday and I think he reacted well. I don't think he's cleared but I'm not interested in pushing him right now.
And after all this time, after Kary even voting for GLG, he finds that GLG's slot is immediately redeemed based on one post where he says that he is a vanilla townie. These are the facts of the case. Now it's time for my opinion, and that opinion is that Kary and GLG are the scumteam. Let's dive in.

Now that we have brought into light the possibility of a Kary / GLG scumteam, this post is basically a tossup for GLG to post his writeup that he had been drafting in the scum chat, with the opportunity given to him by the one and only Kary. If Kary is town, asking "any last words" they would have ABSOLUTELY no reason to change their mind at the deadline, especially when they were asking for their final words before their death. If Kary was so convinced that GLG would be the lynch, why unvote? GLG even said that his flip would be more insightful, and that was a completely true statement.

I think Bessie and Kary have real intention to solve and are good slots to trust.
KARY is the one to trust. It's a nice cushion for Kary, given that he planned on unvoting anyway to send Maven out. So now we have GLG vouching for Kary and Kary vouching for GLG's closing post. This is a classic example of the scumteam trying to elevate themselves among town by defending each other.

If you're playing me here I'm gonna be mad later.
Don't think you're mafia based on this reaction to your waggon.

If both GLG and Maven are town, I think leaving the one who's completely inactive alive is a mistake.
Don't really want to lynch Maven without a claim but I guess I'm going to.
When I read this I can't help but picture Kary as a tsundere

"It's not like we're supporting each other... it's a one time deal... b-baka"

Vanilla. Still think my Lynch is better than a maven Lynch because I think I provide more info than he does.
This is a bit of backtracking but the fact that they were both on within a minute of each other to answer the one question necessary to warrant unvoting GLG is kind of sus. I get that it's timing conjecture, but this was the one post that Kary needed in order to vote Maven, and GLG's timing was impeccable. I'm not using this interaction to justify the scumteam, but it makes sense if this is actually the case.

giraffelasergun giraffelasergun who would you look at if Poyzin flips town?
First off, lmao. I just wanted to say that this is a setup if I've ever seen one. Looking at Kary's interactions with GLG toDay makes Kary look pretty bad by association, and now Kary is feeding GLG the opportunity to make up future targets for my inevitable town flip.

Pokechu or Z25. There's been a few posts from pokechu that have been overly buddying with other slots/overly defensive of slots without reasons that striked me as off. I would need to do a reread to find them. With Z25, this is more of a meta thing but I remember him being more proactive in most games than he has is this one.
I hate to break it to you, and I get that you can't be the one to say that you are the most suspicious, but you should probably be the next lynch in the event that I flip town. The fact of the matter is that your scummate asked you the question, so that the idea of lynching Pokechu or Z25 D3 would seem like a viable option even though my push on you should suggest the opposite.

I think that's everything I wanted to cover here. Is it a good idea to try to peg a definitive scumteam D2? No. Can I be wrong? Hell yeah. Does a lot of my theory rely on conjecture? Of course it does. However, it's the best idea I've got, and it looks PRETTY solid at the moment. There's also the possibility of Pokechu coming to my rescue as an out for when I flip town, but I got myself really convinced while writing this that it's Kary and GLG, and hopefully you all take the due time to check this post out IN ITS ENTIRETY because I'm pretty sure I'm onto something.

Top Bottom