• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia III: Game Over. Who Won?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vanilla. Still think my Lynch is better than a maven Lynch because I think I provide more info than he does.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
First off, sorry Kary I fell asleep last night reading Pokechu. I got as far as that I agree with post #147. I played a game once and the mod said something similar in a post game wrap up that stuck with me, and I think about often when I am playing: “When you find a partner, work together…If you think someone is town, vote together. If you're right, you have what is called a "voting bloc". This gives your entire group drastic power and influence.”

I have a scum read on Maven and I’ve already given reasons in post #222. In the same post I also said I was willing to vote for giraffelasergun. But I think I would prefer Maven.

Z25, re Post #289, do you have no scum reads at all? All your reads are town leaning or null.

UtopianPoyzin, I will read your Post #309 later. Please respond to my question at the bottom of Post #253 before deadline, if you can.
Atm though. Utopian I’m really going back and forth on. And as I said I can’t fully trust pokechu’se slot. Something feels off there imo and their passiveness feels like a red flag. I don’t want to put them as scum yet though. I want to see how the night plays out.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
If you're playing me here I'm gonna be mad later.
Don't think you're mafia based on this reaction to your waggon.

If both GLG and Maven are town, I think leaving the one who's completely inactive alive is a mistake.
Don't really want to lynch Maven without a claim but I guess I'm going to.
Team is looking a lot like Poyzin + Pokechu by the way.

Pythag Pythag bessie bessie Z25 Z25 Raxxel Raxxel Pokechu Pokechu giraffelasergun giraffelasergun UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin

Vote: Maven89

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 1.9

1. Maven*: Pokechu, Kary
2. UtopianPoyzin: Giraffelasergun
3. Raxxel
4. Z25
5. Giraffelasergun: UtopianPoyzin, Pythag, Z25
6. Pythag: Maven
7. Pokechu
8. Kary
9. Bessie

Not Voting
Bessie, Raxxel;

Important Game Links
Game Links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

*= Currently being replaced
^= V/LA

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is March 11, at 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm. It appears UtopianPoyzin isn’t going to respond to me.

Vote: Maven89

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey.

Kary, how would you expect scum to respond?

If I vote I'm putting Maven at L-1, I believe?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Dammit. The thing is, this "last reads" post thing is the exact thing I did to save my ass in VGM when I was about to be lynched. And yet it makes me reluctant to lynch GLG. The claim helps a lot.

To be safe, in case Kary doesn't respond in time...
Vote: Maven

However, Kary, we have 10 minutes to turn this around. If you agree to it, I want to lynch Pokechu.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
This includes you as well Bessie.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount Final

1. Maven*: Pokechu, Kary, Bessie, Raxxel, Pythag
2. UtopianPoyzin: Giraffelasergun
3. Raxxel
4. Z25
5. Giraffelasergun: UtopianPoyzin, Z25
6. Pythag: Maven
7. Pokechu
8. Kary
9. Bessie

Not Voting
None

Important Game Links

Notes:
Maven has been lynched. Flip in next post.

^= V/LA

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is March 11, at 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Maven was lynched! He was a vanilla townie.

It is now Night 1. Deadline for actions is Saturday 14th, at 11:59PM EST.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Raxxel, Town Tracker, was killed night 1.

It is now Day 2. Deadline is March 22nd, at 11:59PM EST.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 2.0

2. UtopianPoyzin
4. Z25
5. Giraffelasergun
6. Pythag
7. Pokechu
8. Kary
9. Bessie

Not Voting
Everyone

Important Game Links

Notes:
N/A

^= V/LA

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 2 is March 22nd, at 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:

bessie

Smash Journeyman
I have nothing I feel like claiming.

UtopianPoyzin, please respond to my question at the bottom of post #253.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well I was pretty sure Rax was town. I didn’t expect tracker though. That’s a bit of a loss unfortunately.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Utopian has a good amount of interactions with Rax. Do you think that would mean he could have been who killed rax?

Maybe as a joke due to the whole repeat scum joke they had going on?
I don't know why Raxx was killed.

I don't recall anything from the Raxxel - Poyzin interactions that suggested a motive for Poyzin to kill Raxxel.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't know why Raxx was killed.

I don't recall anything from the Raxxel - Poyzin interactions that suggested a motive for Poyzin to kill Raxxel.
That’s why I was asking given your vote there. So then why vote? Just a feeling on Utopian or is a not so serious vote?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
In like every game I've played recently, I don't think town PR have lasted more than a day. that's annoying as it is impressive.

Utopian has a good amount of interactions with Rax. Do you think that would mean he could have been who killed rax?

Maybe as a joke due to the whole repeat scum joke they had going on?
This post strikes me as disingenuous

Kary why is UP scummier than GLG? it looked like UP provided the same info GLG did sans claim (read list, explanation of thought, etc) that you thought cleared GLG.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll explain why I think z25's post is strange :

That would be poy very much trying to appeal to you an active player that he’s barely interacted with. Doesn’t mean your both scum, but I think it could be a very telling action that he could be scum if not both of you. But I’m starting to think the former.

This is the same type of tactic he used last game, trying to appeal t specific players and look town. Which he wasn’t. So thesis behavior is worth bringing up.

Again though your being seen as active, so utopian would be rushing to defend an active townie he has no direct interaction with before then. I think you can surely see that’s a little odd, don’t you think?
YesterDay z25 mentioned he recognized UP's tactics

Utopian: They are playing similar to last game. Where they had a fairly good early presences but now it’s gone down a bit compared to their actions day one last game. Their play here looks townish to me but I’m still unsure of what to believe their alignment is after not realizing they were sorcerer last game. I also really can’t see the odds lining up for them to be scum again, but they have quite a track record. This is probably the slot I would put as town most out of my null list just because of the odds of them being scum that many times in a row so low and I like statistics at least partially.
later in the day he viewed it as null.

Now today he's bringing up the interactions again as trying to ask if it would be a reason for UP to kill Rax?

That doesn't exactly ring true to me.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
That’s why I was asking given your vote there. So then why vote? Just a feeling on Utopian or is a not so serious vote?
If you click through to the rest of the post I quoted, you will see that Poyzin said 'filler is usually scummy' and then proceeded to post a freaking pyramid of theorynomics and fluff that gets us no closer to solving this game. By his own argument he is scummy.

It also seems reasonable to assume that at most one of poyzin / GLG is mafia given their near-constant opposition of one another. If I am to believe GLG is town from his reaction yesterday, that would make poyzin more likely to be scum.

Like really? You don't have any theories?
I don't have any theories that hold water. I don't think it's worth sharing a half-baked idea at this point.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'll explain why I think z25's post is strange :

YesterDay z25 mentioned he recognized UP's tactics

later in the day he viewed it as null.

Now today he's bringing up the interactions again as trying to ask if it would be a reason for UP to kill Rax?

That doesn't exactly ring true to me.
I do have him as null, but I also mentioned how he’s a slot that’s very easy to go back and forth with. Especially after last game where he was willing to help fuel the lynch towards me knowing I was scum. Which granted was to try and attract my attention so that he could tell rax and me he was sorcerer, but that doesn’t make the play any less crazy. So I honestly am questioning my reads on him. Even more so when I thought he was town last game.
If you click through to the rest of the post I quoted, you will see that Poyzin said 'filler is usually scummy' and then proceeded to post a freaking pyramid of theorynomics and fluff that gets us no closer to solving this game. By his own argument he is scummy.

It also seems reasonable to assume that at most one of poyzin / GLG is mafia given their near-constant opposition of one another. If I am to believe GLG is town from his reaction yesterday, that would make poyzin more likely to be scum.

I don't have any theories that hold water. I don't think it's worth sharing a half-baked idea at this point.
I see, I only saw that statement as nothing else loaded for me on mobile. Thanks for an explanation.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary why is UP scummier than GLG? it looked like UP provided the same info GLG did sans claim (read list, explanation of thought, etc) that you thought cleared GLG.
What has Poyzin done this game except repeat ad nauseum that he finds GLG scummy?

We put GLG in the firing line yesterday and I think he reacted well. I don't think he's cleared but I'm not interested in pushing him right now.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Raxxel as a night kill is a bit of a surprise, I went back and looked at people’s reads list and it seemed that Raxxel was a weak town/null leaning town read for most people, so he would probably be a hard person to mislynch later on but wasn’t universally viewed as townie enough to be protected by a potential protective role.

I still want to lynch Utop today but we have a lot of time in the phase still so and I don’t want so spend a second day phase in a row talking about him and only him.

Z25 Z25 , Pokechu Pokechu bessie bessie Who is the one person you want to lynch most today? You don’t have to post an in depth reason as to why, just want to get a feeling of where everyone’s head is at going into the phase.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps, if game mechanics was the only thing UtopianPoyzin discussed in his posts. But he also posted a town-scum list with some reads.

Raxxel as a night kill is a bit of a surprise, I went back and looked at people’s reads list and it seemed that Raxxel was a weak town/null leaning town read for most people, so he would probably be a hard person to mislynch later on but wasn’t universally viewed as townie enough to be protected by a potential protective role.
How is the Raxxel night kill a surprise to anyone? As giraffelasergun points out, Raxxel was being generally read as town, but wasn’t at the top of anyone’s list, so not a likely doctor or watcher target.

Z25 Z25 , Pokechu Pokechu bessie bessie Who is the one person you want to lynch most today? You don’t have to post an in depth reason as to why, just want to get a feeling of where everyone’s head is at going into the phase.
At this moment, UtopianPoyzin or Pokechu; will reevaluate after they both post.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I still want to lynch Utop today but we have a lot of time in the phase still so and I don’t want so spend a second day phase in a row talking about him and only him.

I’m in the same vein as Bessie, utopian or pokechu. I can’t shake the feeling that one of them is scum. Utopian could give us some information upon flip at least

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
giraffelasergun giraffelasergun who would you look at if Poyzin flips town?

Pokechu or Z25. There's been a few posts from pokechu that have been overly buddying with other slots/overly defensive of slots without reasons that striked me as off. I would need to do a reread to find them. With Z25, this is more of a meta thing but I remember him being more proactive in most games than he has is this one.

bessie bessie What about pokechu is scummy for you?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokechu or Z25. There's been a few posts from pokechu that have been overly buddying with other slots/overly defensive of slots without reasons that striked me as off. I would need to do a reread to find them. With Z25, this is more of a meta thing but I remember him being more proactive in most games than he has is this one.

bessie bessie What about pokechu is scummy for you?
To be fair I can’t really be proactive if this game isn’t

Top Bottom