• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flammie for Brawl, Seiken Densetsu for the win

Fawriel

Smash Master

Feeel the draconic cuteness that is Flammie.

For detailed information on Flammie, ask Wikipedia.

Flammie is a mascot of the Seiken Densetsu series, a very popular series of RPGs somewhere between Final Fantasy and Legend of Zelda.
It's a lot more obscure in the Western world, I think, but chances are you've heard about Secret of Mana? That's part of it.
Why should Flammie be in Brawl?

First, because Seiken Densetsu is a great series that should not be forgotten, and it needs a representative.

Second, because a Rabite would be ridiculous.

Third, just look at it. Honestly.

Of course, it's a little large, but in its first appearance in Secret of Mana, Flammie is found as a baby, in Seiken Densetsu 3, it's a child... just make it a really little Flammie. The name denotes not only an individual Flammie, but its entire race. A lot like Yoshi, really.

The way I imagine it, Flammie would be a sort of mix between Bowser and Captain Falcon.
It's not very mobile, needs the most frames to start jumping or running, but once it starts, it's actually pretty fast. It can glide slowly to the ground or fast fall quickly.
Its attacks are rather strong, but are hard to combo with because a lot of them have set knockback and Flammie's kinda hard to maneuver.

I'm really not sure about a possible moveset, but I could cook something up if there were any interest. Which is unlikely, since no one seems to have thought of the little dragon yet...

Just my five dollars.

I was also thinking of creating a Terra thread since she had no thread dedicated to her alone so far, but that's probably not necessary...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Flammie probably would be one of the more, if not most, logical choices for a Seiken Densetsu character representative, but considering the series is ranked much lower than other more high profile Square-Enix series, especially in comparison to Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, the likelihood of it is almost nonexistent... It would be nice though, but it's not going to happen - this time, at least...

FlammieGX

Smash Rookie
It would be nice to see Flammie in brawl she's my fav square-enix character. If she was there I think she'd use attacks with her wings and also that mana beam she uses that's shown on the Dawn of Mana trailers (look on youtube to see it). Oh and yes she's definetly the cutest dragon ever:chuckle: *hugs flammie*

Fawriel

Smash Master
Wow, replies.
I guess I'll feed the thread a little before its inevitable doom with some movesetting.

Style: Think Ganondorf and Pikachu having a baby.
I'll give you a few minutes to knock that image out of your head again.

Alright, so, as I said in the beginning, Flammie is quick, but hard to maneuver. It needs the most time out of all characters to start running or jumping ( the latter is tied with Bowser ), but it runs quickly and jumps high. Attacks come out in all sorts of speeds and are generally powerful and hard to combo with. A bunch of them have set knockback.

Weight: 10/10. DKish. Did you notice that DK sounds like "decay"? Scary.
Fallspeed: 5-9/10. Flammie generally falls slowly due to flapping its little wings at high speed, but automatically fast-falls ( stops flapping ) after using an aerial or going into tumbling state.
Height: 11/10. Taller than Bowser and DK, but slimmer.
Traction: 2/10
Aerial movement: 8/10
Jumping: 10/10

A: Like Bowser's, 1% less damage
A, A: Same.

>Tilt: Swipe, acts like Bowser's. (ahem)
^Tilt: Tail, gets on all fours and uses it like Link uses his sword; the attack is weak, but by repeatedly holding up and pressing A, it can be used several times in succession. Only real combo.
vTilt: Playing ball; Flammie lowers its head to ground level, then thrusts it upwards. Depending on when they're hit, the enemy gets launched forward a nice distance or impressively far upward.

>Smash: Bowseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer! ( more range, little less strength )
^Smash: Loop; Flammie jumps and does a beautiful little flip in the air. Anyone hit by its feet won't enjoy it quite as much.
vSmash: Tail-spin; like Yoshi's, but less quick to come out, more range, more damage, less knockback, and a less choppy motion. Afterwards, Flammie needs to rest her head a little.

B: Gust; Flammie blows hard with her wings and deals 1% damage, but quite nice knockback. It knocks her back like Mewtwo's fully charged Shadow Ball, especially in the air. Risky but good edgeguard. Kirby gets wings. Cute!
>B: Roar. Pretty useless. Flammie leans forward and growls cutely but LOUDLY. Anyone in range gets shaken up, receives no damage but cannot attack, either. Can possibly be used to hold up a rolling Jiggly or temporarily stop a recovering foe.
^B: Lightbreath. She flaps her wings and rises a little, spewing clear white flame from her mouth at a downward angle. When used on the ground, this will make this attack seem like Bowser's firebreath, with less range but more damage and knockback ( which also means it won't hold the foe captive ). Used in the air, it can be recovered with. The flames grant her some protection, but the desperate flapping of her little wings does not grant her very much speed.. In both cases, b has to be pressed continuously to keep her aloft, although there is a certain max.
vB: Wings. Flammie will turn towards the camera and proceed to playfully flip backwards in the air. Can be used both on the ground and in the air for the same effect: a hitbox like G&W's nair.

Grab: Grabs the opponent in her beak-like mouth and gnaws on them a little. Awww, so adorable.

Kaydone.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Finally! More characters from my fav. games ^ ^! I think Flammie would be great, would be a good representation for the Seiken Densetsu series. The movelist looks awesome! I would definitely use this character. Although the chances of Flammie appearing aren't very high, you can hope...

[DK does sound like decay...]

Top Bottom