• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Fixed Freezing Problems) ProjectM 3.02 - How to add your own Logo onto your CSS!

Doq

Smash Lord
Maybe SB just has image hosting :/

If my laptop didn't get rekt I wouldn't have had to do all this. Last hope is to export/zip/upload just the MiscData[30].brres

D

Deleted member

Actually miscdata[30] is the only thing affected by the background logo. Everything else is the same.
BBox - 1 Aliami - 0
However the change from miscdata[30] (2.6b) to miscdata[30] (3.0) changes the placement of the names and adds roy/m2 name so you can't directly import the bh3 common5.pac's miscdata[30] into the 3.0 common5.pac without a few issues

D

Deleted member

Actually miscdata[30] is the only thing affected by the background logo. Everything else is the same.
BBox - 1 Aliami - 0
However the change from miscdata[30] (2.6b) to miscdata[30] (3.0) changes the placement of the names and adds roy/m2 name so you can't directly import the bh3 common5.pac's miscdata[30] into the 3.0 common5.pac without a few issues
Oh whoops, I got confused with the extra files in AnmChr(NW4R)/MenSelchrBg_TopN_0.
There are all the icon and milk (Still unsure why the hell those files are here) animations.

Doq

Smash Lord
I don't know either.

I looked through everything and only two things affect the logo:

x MenSelchrBg model and
x the logo texture itself

And while I do have it working ingame, there are a few graphical issues with it that I am fixing right now.

Dr.K 1 | Mediafire 0 :p

edit - Just fixed graphical glitches. Perfect logo CSS.

Dr.K 2 | Mediafire 0 :p :p

Rood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rood2790
Good to see you releasing this Zach!

P.S. Looking forward to that Dabessdi CSS!

D

Deleted member

Thats actually going to be released today. I'm just packing everything up right now, so expect it in the next few hours on dbdi.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
can i ask for a request? it would be possible to have a version with the "logo" above everyhing??? i could use a custom border instead of the logo in that way

D

Deleted member

The logo above the CSS Icons...? That seems really odd.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Yah, it would look weird if i use a logo but if i replace it with a border it wouldnt look weird :p

D

Deleted member

I could attempt to move the background piece but I'd like to see this border idea you have. Message me instead, we can move this conversation to there

Smugleaf

Smash Cadet
I downloaded the common5.pac for SJS's custom CSS and I can't seem to find bg_icon in the miscdata[30] group, do I need to use a prebuilt common5 file?

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
I downloaded the common5.pac for SJS's custom CSS and I can't seem to find bg_icon in the miscdata[30] group, do I need to use a prebuilt common5 file?
There's a premade common5 in the first post of this thread. Just use that and move all of SJS's CSPs over to it.

D

Deleted member

Sometime tomorrow. I have to use my wii u to send this cause I cant use my pc right now.

The Father

Smash Rookie
I keep getting an error in BrawlBox when doing this.

I open the offline common5 I downloaded from the link, I change the char_bust_tex_lz77 to one I have saved (for easy replacement of CSPs), I change the MiscData[80] for stages, MiscData[70] for character icons and names, then I replace the bg_icon in MiscData[30] with a custom one I made in PS Elements 12, following your instructions, but editing my image prior to make the white background transparent. (The error definitely is because of the image, because I tried replacing not but the image and the same error occurred.)

When I try to save, BrawlBox says "1 error has been found in the model MenSelchrBg_TopN" it says the error will be fixed when I save, and the error is that "Object 36 has a facepoint descriptor that does not match its linked nodes."

After I click "okay," BrawlBox gives me another pop-up saying, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Then, I click save, and I get a pop-up saying "BrawlBox v0.69 has stopped working," and it crashes

Is there any way I can fix this? Also, I'm planning on using this common5 for 3.01. Was anything in the common5 changed besides the CSPs from 3.0-3.01?

EDIT: If this means anything, I couldn't import my custom image to photoshop for some formatting reason, so I changed the file extension from .png to .jpg, and it worked. I saved the final image as a .png.

EDIT 2: I got it working, I just re-made the image in photoshop, but I did it exactly the same way I did it before. BrawlBox still gave me the error, but it didn't crash when I tried to save it this time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well part of the problem was you weren't using the brawlbox build I gave you. The newer builds gave some of those errors and the build in the guide was what is preferred. BrawlBox v0.68d.
I don't think a single thing was changed besides the CSPs from 3.0 to 3.01 so you're fine since you know how to do that. I'll update the main download with that in a bit.

D

Deleted member

Updated for 3.01. The only change was the CSPs not having the costume helper/color table thingy but it's updated for those of you who needed it.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
It's remarkable that as soon as everything is up and going again they come out with 3.02.

D

Deleted member

Ok so I just updated it to 3.02. The only change was the 2.6 name placement, which I knew the model for and easily replaced it.
For any of you who are confused, all I did was update the download section. The guide is the same because its the same process.

falconxcrunner09

Smash Rookie
Can't seem to get my icon to display. After adding my icon with Brawl Box, I then proceeded to open project m. the icon wasnt there but rather SMASH inside a black rectangle. does anyone know what the issue might possibly be?

D

Deleted member

Can you get me a picture in game? If not a picture then maybe a download to what you attempted?
I think I might know what you're talking about though. Theres a file in the common5 that is right here: http://i.imgur.com/SkOEHW1.png You could've put that over the bg_icon texture by accident or something.

falconxcrunner09

Smash Rookie
Can you get me a picture in game? If not a picture then maybe a download to what you attempted?
I think I might know what you're talking about though. Theres a file in the common5 that is right here: http://i.imgur.com/SkOEHW1.png You could've put that over the bg_icon texture by accident or something.
I double checked it, I did replace the bg_icon. I re downloaded the template, and replaced the bg_icon again. Now this time, Project M freezes when I attempt to go into "Fight" under Versus. Could it be that the icon is too large? It is around 9.74 KB.

D

Deleted member

I think the file size does not create a very large impact but it could be. If you send me your own common5 you made I'll check it and see if I can find the problem.

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting a freeze when I try to enter the character select screen as well. It worked fine in 3.0, but updating to 3.02 with the same logo is crashing.

D

Deleted member

I'll try the files I uploaded and see if maybe the one I created is bugged

D

Deleted member

Ok, so whenever I download the version I uploaded I get a freeze myself which is odd. I'll re-do it and update the thread, sorry for any of you confused why this is even happening in the first place

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
Any chance that you could have this updated by tomorrow? I'd really like to have it for a tournament this weekend.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Does this work for Project M 3.02 with the 36-stages expansion pack?

D

Deleted member

What is the 36 stage expansion pack? Link me a thread
Also an update on fixing the common5 from freezing. From all the testing I've done, every single file is fine and works perfectly EXCEPT FOR THE BG_ICON FILE. The only 2 textures that seem to work are the apex logo and the DaBessDi Logo. Literally everything else freezes upon entering the CSS... This didn't seem to be an issue in 3.0 and I have no idea why its happening, but would anyone happen to have a 3.0 ready file? I deleted the download to it when I made the 3.02 one, so if any of you guys still have it laying around I'd like it for testing

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Whenever I fix the issue involving switching icons, I'll update this to be added. Like in the previous post, the prebuilt common5 freezes but everything on it is 100% right except for the fact that only 2 Icons have worked and I don't know why.

Top Bottom