• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Firemario149 - Gameplay Video Thread

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoToFeJUybU

***Watch in High Quality***

This is my first combo/highlight video using about one hours worth of replays. I had little to work with (I thought my DVD could hold 2 hours) so I reused one combo to fit the music. I might be making a Falco combo video with the same name so look out for that.

Rate and Comment!

So I was finally able to upload some gameplay videos. Some of the videos were 2 stock so they could be recorded later as replays. I also added some of the matches from the combo video so you could see the full match. All matches were friendlies.

Last Updated 01/18/09

Top Picks

VS. Shade (Fox)|Pokemon Stadium 1
VS. Shade (Ness)|Final Destination
VS. Garrc (Kirby)|Smashville
VS. Ryan (ROB)|Frigate Orpheon
Random Matches - Include Link, Falcon and Game & Watch

VS. Shade (Fox)|Pokemon Stadium 1
VS. Shade (Fox) Smashville
VS. Shade (Ness)|Final Destination
VS. Shade (Falcon)|Smashville

VS. Shade (Pokemon Trainer)|Final Destination
VS. Shade (Lucas)|Final Destination
VS. Shade (Lucas)|Pokemon Stadium 1

VS. Garrc (Kirby)|Battlefield
VS. Garrc (Kirby)|Smashville
VS. Garrc (Kirby)|Yoshi's Island
VS. Garrc (Ice Climbers)|Smashville
VS. Garrc (Ice Climbers)|Final Destination
VS. Garrc (Luigi) |Yoshi's Island

(Kind of an easy match, but we're friends so its OK.)
VS. Ryan (Ness)|Battlefield
VS. Ryan (ROB)|Frigate Orpheon
VS. Ryan (Olimar)|Lylat Cruise

VS. Falchion- (Falcon)|Battlefield
VS. Captain Falcon|Battlefield
VS. Rinku (Link)|Yoshi's Island
Random Matches - Include Link, Falcon and Game & Watch

I also uploaded some Falco videos. Watch them if you want.
VS. Hot_ArmS (Mario)|Yoshi's Island
VS. iLink (Lucario)|Smashville(A bit old)

Comment!

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I'd watch it tonight, but I'm kinda sick... *barfs*

I'll watch it tomorrow dude XD

*First post*

Edit: Watched anyways. LOL @ 2:06 to 2:18. Cape is ****! Great vid, loved the music choice. We need to play

Ryos4

Smash Lord
umm not to be picky. But u put in a combo against bowser twice. The same one. 1st at 0:33 ish. 2nd one at 3:52 ish. Just thought i would mention it. Not that its not a good combo. Its just on there twice. lol. just a heads up.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
umm not to be picky. But u put in a combo against bowser twice. The same one. 1st at 0:33 ish. 2nd one at 3:52 ish. Just thought i would mention it. Not that its not a good combo. Its just on there twice. lol. just a heads up.
I know.

Like I said, I only had 1 hours worth of video when I thought I had 2. I just recorded the replays in order and I didnt want to cut the music.

Matt07

Smash Master
Wow, really good combo video.

The quality was like...super good on High Quality, it's even better on Youtube then on my TV. Wow, what did you use to record it?

5 Stars.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
while I did like the vid, and all the combos seem legit, the opponents didn't seem like tough ones, and there wasn't anything I can pick up or "WOW"myself too. For example, the fact that the falco player got caped three times is an ultra noob mistake, his fsmash was out of range yet he did that twice... -_-

nice video though, it was still entertaining to watch.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Hmmm

I should probably post some of the replays I used in the video. Some of those I fought were really good. Lots of those times really were just shining moments. I'll keep that in mind. I'll also upload some of those replays as soon as I can.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
You have a pretty good Mario, but for the most part the people you played against were mediocre, or worse. Not to discredit your Mario though, because it was still pretty good.

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
Ok....
1. the opponents you faced are mediocre, maybe even noobs.
2. some combos you did can be broken by someone that at least did an attack
ex. uair on Dk to spike the spike could have been broken by a simple uair on Dk's part or even just DI.
3. I think this whole video was just lucky attacks. It maybe because i face good DKs and Marths so they usually dodge my attacks or counter.
4. i think u have potential to be a good Mario, but try to post some fights up so we can evaluate you better.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Granted that your opponent looks bad, it's still a highlight video of you, not your opponents... so good job :]
Well not to flame but your post made you look dumb. Now I have to blow your spot up.:bigrocket

You cant play terrible players and expect people to think you are good. Half the combos in that vid were because his opponents were not good. The falco did TWO FSMASHS and he was out of range. What kind of player does that!? maybe one thats not good or isnt play at 100%. In highlight vids the the main player is ment to look good, BUT doing a "combo" on a player that could of easily DIed doesnt make you look good, it makes you look bad and the guys you play against look like noobs. Really next time you post you should really think about what your saying.:)

You should post some matches up if you really want people to judge your mario, other than that the vid has beautiful quality.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Well not to flame but your post made you look dumb. Now I have to blow your spot up.:bigrocket

You cant play terrible players and expect people to think you are good. Half the combos in that vid were because his opponents were not good. The falco did TWO FSMASHS and he was out of range. What kind of player does that!? maybe one thats not good or isnt play at 100%. In highlight vids the the main player is ment to look good, BUT doing a "combo" on a player that could of easily DIed doesnt make you look good, it makes you look bad and the guys you play against look like noobs. Really next time you post you should really think about what your saying.:)

You should post some matches up if you really want people to judge your mario, other than that the vid has beautiful quality.
I'm sorry, but who the **** are you? o.O

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
I am the alpha and the omega, The whisper in the wind, The light at night... lol nah but I just look around boards, when I'm done checking the DK boards. And my Dusty is in my crew and mains a pretty bada** mario so I check here once in a while see how the metagame is doing.

He did do some tricks, but some of the combos did look stage. But if every mario can do it then whats the point in putting that vid up. I'm mean if you did the techs with perfect execution and you fought skillful players than go ahead make a vid.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I'd better post some gameplay vids before you guys go crazy.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Well, I personally think Combo vids are a waste of time. When that match could been just posted as is. Combo vids are a good idea I guess if you want to just montage all of the matches you had in certain time frame.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Well, I personally think Combo vids are a waste of time. When that match could been just posted as is. Combo vids are a good idea I guess if you want to just montage all of the matches you had in certain time frame.
Combo vids are for entertainment and showcasing what a specific player/character is capable of.

I was entertained. Its fulfilled its purpose. It wouldn't be a very good combo vid if he was getting his *** kicked the entire time. Common sense.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lolwut? Like Matador said, it's meant for entertainment. Combo videos alone aren't meant to show your skill what so ever. That can be easily done with a simple match video. Combo videos are the highlights and the shining glory when you make your oppenent look like dirty **** just asking to get a upair bind to a fair spike to the pits of hell. So skill alone doesn't reflect in combo videos.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
GIGANTIC THREAD BUMP

Added gameplay vids. First post.

cj0114

Smash Cadet
In the first link there's a scene where Lucario is "pushed" from one end of Luigi's Mansion to the other. It's about 2 minutes in. How do you do that?

Kais3000

Smash Cadet
Its called a jab lock. There are about 20 characters with these sort of locks iirc, this includes the likes of laser lock. You basically jab and then walk forward a bit then jab again and repeat. It keeps them bouncing off of the ground and it cannot be gotten out of, providing its done pefectly obviously. To start this up though you have to use a move so that the opponent trips and is lying on the floor (it can't be done after a pratfall basically). Hope this helps.

Top Bottom