• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Firefox while trying to LHDL?

clowsui

Smash Legend
Right, as the title says, I'm trying to control stick the LHDL and its not helping because I'm doing a firefox or a shine while i'm pressing b. Pointers?

Thanks in advance!

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
Let go of up.

You firefox only if you are holding up. The best thing to do is just drop down and press up and forward and as soon as you let go tap b a few times. Its hard to master fully. But it should be easy to pull off.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I can do a regular LHDL, but not one at the same elevation...which kinda sucks seeing as I play against an opponent that's on a slightly higher level than me and it always gets to the point where I hop up and before I can shoot I get nailed for the win ><;

So, just to clarify, LHDL at the same elevation.

dawei

Smash Rookie
tap the control stick in each direction separately. this is also good for a lot of the techniques falco has not just lhdl. if you want to lhdl evenly try this: on final dest double jump and just after you do the mid jump start lasering. you have to start shooting on the way up so that the first and second shots are even. thats basically wats going on in the lhdl except you must find the proper drop distance you want to get level with the stage.

DoctaMalik

Smash Rookie
tap the control stick down then up DI Towards the stage repeatedly press B. something like that.. if you firebird then you didnt let go of up or pressed b too quickly.. if you phantom i suppose you DI'ed over at the same time u pressed B

SCOTU

Smash Hero
try using y if the control stick isn't working out like you want. drop down, wait a bit, slide from y>b>b. No reason to do it w/ the control stick, many find it easier w/ y or x anyway.

Top Bottom