• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fireballs.... Useful?

BAMN

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played Brawl yet. Really want to but I have seen quite a few videos and I didn't see any threads about this:

Luigi's fireball, it looks.... faster. Is it useful anymore than it was in melee? just wondering.
Thanks in advance.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
It's more useful, but be careful while using it in the air. Unlike Mario's the fireballs die down QUICK!

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
they really had essentially the same use as in melee, as you can gimp someone of their second jump, or you use them simply for that slight stun purpose on the approach or going in for a kill.

so i wouldn't classify them really as more useful...they are essentially the same, just a tad faster on the coming out.

altir

Smash Apprentice
the lag on the fire ball was really to big to follow up with anything in melee how is it now? also any possibility on a short hop laser lag reducing type thing?

ROFL

Smash Journeyman
here is a list of all the new fireball attributes. only your play style will determine its usefulness. heck i used down tilt in melee.

faster startup

shorter range

larger hitbox (from what i remember you can hit someone hanging from the ledge)

shorter ending lag

better for stringing combos together

faster rate of fire

L 17

Smash Apprentice
I only used the fireballs to disrupt charging smashes and just generally be annoying.

Vist

Smash Champion
yeah, basically what ROFL said.

The fireballs come out faster and they seem to pack more of a punch. Their range definitely seems to be shorter... like maybe like the length of a couple platforms *shrug*.

As far as usefulness, they feel about as useful as they did in melee except I've kinda been forced to use them more to break the ungodly amount of campiness I've been exposed to in brawl

Da Illlest

Smash Cadet
Its comes out faster and moves faster. I really really like to use it for fast opponents rushing at me. I have been using this alot. In melee i seen absolutley no use for it. And i also use it for range opponents who like to run and shoot, it seems to cancel out alot of range attacks. But its really only good for a slow defensive luigi.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Luigi's fire balls or more like Lightning balls :ohwell: faster and have a little but of Electricity running though them.

any ways I use them to annoy CPU's :laugh:

Top Bottom