• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Thread

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The only problem I have that REALLY kills this genre is when you reach beyond the half way point of the games. Battles begin to take too long and when you think your near the end, they stretch it out as far as they can.

It's why I'm scared to start Disgaea.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Fun FE fact: on the Fire Emblem boards (Fire Emblem Sanctuary of Strategy) my account name was TheGayThiefLegault.
Because his support convo with Heath was about the gayest thing I've ever read! :laugh:
You went on FESS too? My name was....Dark Sonic (I'm so unoriginal) Ah I remember the debates (like the "Guy deserves to be in top tier" debate). Good times, good times.

My favorite characters from the FE games that I've played so far.

FE7 Blazing Sword
Personality- Mathew. This guy is so funny. I love all of his supports, but almost always support him with Guy (see below). imo he also has the most character development for a side character (being a spy for Ostia, being in love with another spy that was undercover in black fang, who died in the middle of the game, ect.)
Fighting ability- Guy. I know there are much better units (hell, uberspear Falcoknights are ****ing broken), but there's just something about a unit with 94% crit rate that pleases me. His massive crit rate was and good support choices were actually an arguement for him being put in top tier (though the bottom of top tier) on the FESS boards :p

FE8 The Sacred Stones
Personality- Joshua. lol Gambling, terrible luck, and a sense of humor to boot. This guy is such a card. Not many of the characters in Sacred stones really impressed me though. Bad game is bad <_<
Fighting ability-...hardly mattered cause the game was too easy <_<. I liked Ephraim though cause he was a footsoldier with a lance, which to me was an interesting change from all the sword lords before him. It was also the first time I got to control a lance unit that wasn't also mounted. Sucks that he got a horse on promotion <_<

FE9 Path of Radiance
Personality-...It's kinda hard to beat Ike. He's sarcastic, blunt, and serious all AT THE SAME TIME. Way to totally break the lord stereotype <_<. :D
Fighting ability- Ik....inda like Soren :p He's like a mage on steroids. Comes with one of the best ****ing skills in the game, supports the best character in the game (wtf +22 avoid AND he can heal you? Where have you been all my life?) and has undeniably the best stats of any mage in the game (who the **** cares about strength, just give him elthunder and watch him break the game <_<)

FE10 Radiant Dawn
Personality-well, Ike just isn't as funny this time around, so I'm gonna have to go with...RANULF. Babysitting the future Lion King is in itself pretty beast, but then this guy goes to one on one with ZELGIUS in the middle of a battle? That's pretty ****ing manly if you ask me (even better that he recognizes that they fought before)

Lucia was pretty cool too. She had that whole, "I've got a secret elaborate plan for everything" vibe going in part 2. Kinda like Soren but you don't find out before hand.

Fighting ability- Well, since the game is separated into parts I'll list one for each.

Part 1-This part in general is pretty rough, and you really have to use EVERYBODY just to get through it on hard mode. Zihark and Nolan were my offensive pillar though, and Micaiah was surprisingly useful for her insane magic and broken tome.

Part 2- He flies on a dragon and his name rhymes with GAAR! That's right, the tank with wings HAAR!!!! This guy is just the best unit of part 2 BY FAR. Axes are broken in general, but this guy comes in with enough strength and skill to wield heavy duty stuff no problem, and enough speed to still get quite a few double attacks (and at the very least not get doubled himself). But his over the top defense is really what makes him so useful (he's like a ****ing general). He can just take on mobs of enemies without breaking a sweat (and ironically doesn't have to worry about archers anymore, cause he's a "dragon" and not a flyer <_<). Why can't everyone be more like Haar?

Part 3- well, I would say Ike but that would be lying. The real answer is...HAAR (again? YES AGAIN!) Ironically this guy comes in OVERLEVELED (and this is by Ike's party standards). Maybe I just use him too much in part 2 (though...you can't really blame me). He's basically if Jeigans were good units. Gives you plenty of room to baby your other units too (like Shinon and Soren, who become BEASTS in their own right later).

Part 4- Judging from what I said above, you can probably guess that is Shinon. But I mean really...Marksmen are just a broken class. High stat caps in all areas (and in this case, with growth rates to match), a skill that puts opponents to sleep, uncounterable range, a crit bonus, and a weapon that lets them attack up close too...what's the downside to this class again? And Shinon just fills the shoes perfectly, starting out as a decent unit and only getting better, even being statistically the best later! Sure his affinity is terrible, but who cares, slap one of the 3 broken basic skills (Adept, Wrath, Resolve) on this guy and watch him do things you didn't know where possible. Ironically though....pretty much every character is this broken by this point in the game, since master skills are OP.

Fire Emblem 11/1? Shadow Dragon

Personality-Merric. Honestly, I wasn't too impressed with any of the characters' personalities in Shadow Dragon, but I do always like witty little mages :p.

Fighting ability-for a large portion of the game Marth just manages to wreck EVERYBODY (or at least he did for me. And his growth rates kinda support my case. It's so sad that he doesn't get to promote (going to level 30 is neat though). That's okay though, cause Wolf turned beast mode late game (wtf is with those growth rates? I though growth rates were supposed to be terrible in this game?) Turned him into a Beserker and never once regretted my decision :p

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
God Don't bring up 6 ever when talking about FE Its is so hard and so unrewarding Plus it gives of all bad memories of Ahem Level 20.....You would not understand if you have not played it but a great FE to start out on is Awakening it teaches the basic principals of a Fire Emblem Game while being amazing at doing it

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
EDIT : I did not mean to Multi Post my Post reply thing Spammed out and posted the same thing twice sorry:facepalm:

Last edited:
Top Bottom