• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance[10/17/05]

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
1 more week... I hope i can last that long. Anyways im getting Castlevania:dawn of sorrows with Fe when it comes out. For now, all we can do is wait for a while.

Remni Strath

Smash Rookie
Castle Rock, CO.. the halfway point to hell
I doubt it'll be short at all.. over 30 chapters, so that means you'll have at least 30+ different battles, not including the bonus ones they throw in with each game. That should keep everyone entertained for quite a bit. I'm happy with the new classes they've made, and now that they've made a Triangle for the magic-classes too. I'm gonna enjoy this one very much.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
This game has been getting great reviews.
I love my stratagy games, so this and Battalion Wars will definately become additions to my Gamecube collection.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
YES. I am so getting this. Now I will have purchased a whopping two Gamecube games. I love customizing stuff, so that blacksmith thing sounds hella cool. And Path of Radiance is a much better title than Trail of Blue Flame.

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
Just making sure everyone knows it comes out TODAY!!! WOOHOO!!! Im going to gamestop right after school today.

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
Everything is good except the battle scenes were better on the GBA. They added a couple other things that are confusing buy hey, it's still a Fire Emblem game.

Tempest 01

Smash Journeyman
Y_LiNk said:
Everything is good except the battle scenes were better on the GBA. They added a couple other things that are confusing buy hey, it's still a Fire Emblem game.
man, i won't be able to ******* buy this until Xmas...

How are the battle scenes worse? If they are, could you turn them off?

Smash Lord
The Battle scenes are good enough but their critical attacks are pretty bad. Also my swordmaster Mia's attacks look really bad. Other than that the battles are great. Music is excellent, plot is the best so far out of all of the games and the units are amazing except Ike and his gay tights. At least Link looked fashionable with them, Ike is just sad.

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
8000 said:
The Battle scenes are good enough but their critical attacks are pretty bad. Also my swordmaster Mia's attacks look really bad. Other than that the battles are great. Music is excellent, plot is the best so far out of all of the games and the units are amazing except Ike and his gay tights. At least Link looked fashionable with them, Ike is just sad.
Hey! Don't diss Ike! He's pretty much one of the best lords ever with his high hp, str, sp, sk, lk, and average defense and resistance.

Smash Lord
Well in the begining i didn't really like Ike because his tights were kinda corny and i didn't like his attacking but omfg! When he becomes a lord it makes me wanna cry. He may be even better than Jaffar in the first english Fire Emblem. Did anyone else beat the game yet?

Stefen you get in chapter 15 somewhere you have to land on a space with Mordecai or Lethe but i dont know where so i skipped him.

Smash Lord
Well regardless if no one answers this;

I read an article in Nintendo Power today saying that both Volke and Sothe "have the potential to become assassins" now it only seemed logical for Sothe to become an assassin but through the whole game i couldn't find out how to make him into one. Also one of my friends showed me a guide to Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance on www.gamefaqs.com which said Sothe could not promote. Now if Sothe could promote he would be a tank and close to rivaling Ike or Tibran. My question is how would you get Sothe to promote and if you have could you please share it with us?

Smash Lord
Here's a quick rundown of all your units;

Ranger --> Lord - Ike
Paladin - Titania
Paladin - Geoffrey
Lance Knight --> Paladin - Oscar
Axe Knight --> Paladin - Keighen (something like that)
Sword Knight --> Paladin - Malakov
Bow Knight --> Paladin - Astrid
Fighter --> Warrior - Boyyd
Berserker - Largo
Healer --> Bishop - Rhys
Cleric --> Valkerie - Mist
Sniper --> Shinon
Archer --> Sniper - Rolf
Mage --> Sage - Soren
Mage --> Sage - Ilyanna
Sage - Calil
Sage - Bastian
Theif --> Assassin - Volke
Thief --> Assassin - Sothe
Knight --> General - Broom
Knight --> General - Gatrie
Soldier --> Halibrieder - Nephenee
Halibrieder - Devdan
Cat --> Lethe
Cat --> Ranulf
Tiger --> Mordecai
Hawk - Janaff
Hawk - Ulki
Heron - Reyson
Wyvern Rider --> Wyvern Lord - Jill
Wyvern Lord - Harr
Pegasus Knight --> Falcon Knight - Marcia
Falcon Knight--> Tanith
Falcon Knight --> Elincia
Myrmidon --> Swordmaster - Mia
Myrmidon --> Swordsmaster - Zihark
Swordmaster - Lucia
Swordmaster - Stefen
Red Dragon - Ena
White Dragon - Nasir
Hawk --> Tibarn
Crow --> Naesla
Lion --> Griffa

I think that's everyone might have missed some people but i'm not sure.

SuicideDolls

Smash Journeyman
Sothe doesnt become an assassin. I think he was useless...

8000: who did your main party consist of?

Also, did you know about Boyd, Oscar, and Rolfs attack they got?

Smash Lord
- They said he could promote in nintendo power so whatever

8000's party:

Ike - killing machine
Titania - great support unit
Soren - highest level of magic and staves really help
Oscar - become stronger than Titania and even more usefull
Mia - extremely fast and crticals often
Lethe - great for starting powerhouse
Nephenee - great speed, criticals a lot at low life
Geoffrey - just a great unit overall
Shinon - can use any bow and has high critical rate
Tanith - re-inforce skill helps distract enemies

I try to keep them as my main party but sometimes i'll use people like;

Astrid - highe experience gain
Volke - looks cool, opens doors and chests
Sothe - maxed out stats, opens doors and chests
Nasir - powerful defender
Tibarn - almost impossible to kill (unfortuneately you only get him on the last chapter)

- Yeah it's called the 'triangle attack' where you position each of them on one side of an enemy unit and attack with the last one. You can also do this with Marcia, Elincia, and Tanith but i never have, i've just heard about it, seen it, and read it. I personally hate Rolf, Boyd and Marcia.

If you haven't guessed it i'm obsessed with this game what do you think of this;

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
Im obsessed also. Stefan is located in the top right corner. If you step on the spot with a beorc, you get his sword, but if you step on the spot with a laguz, you get him and the sword. Sothe sucks! His caps are hella low and i heard that you have to take off that skill of his for him to become an assasin. Im not sure if this is true or not. The final boss and the ending was very disappointing. The only problem is that about all leveled up characters suck in the long run. Heres my team (doing this by memory):

Ike-hes a lord, Aether, can use a sword, and maxs out hp, strength, skill, speed, defense, and high resist
Zihark-he can use a sword and is a swordmaster. good stats
Mia-he can use a sword and is a swordmaster. good stats
Stefan-he can use a sword and is a swordmaster. good stats
Volke-One of the best assasins in FE. if only he didn't have to use knives...
Nepheenee-Great wall, powerful and can pretty much kill anybody.
Geoffrey-(i wanted a bow guy)
Soren- High magic, skill, resist, and speed
Haar-can fly and is powerful
Tibarn-Uber powerful
Reyson-healing move and move again
Gatrie-slow but has high defense and strength

People i HATE:

Boyd: slow, low skill, low defense, all he has is high hp and strenght
Oscar: Was good for a while until he couldnt kill anything or level up good
Sothe: Low caps
Marcia: Came in to late in the game at a low level
Rolf: Really weak, started at a low level in the game
Mist: Really weak, started at a low level in the game
Lucia: They messed up my SWORDMASTE!!! How could they...

I LOVE SWORDMASTERS!!!

Smash Lord
Well in my game Sothe has maxed out Strength, Speed, and Skill with high defense and luck. He has higher stats than Titania which is saying quite a bit considering how useful she is.

O and Mist is usefull when you fight the Black Knight. Other than that i agree, she's **** along with everyone else on your list except Oscar ^^

i didn't find Stefen but i got the Vague Katti and it's pretty insane. No matter what the cost, (except for a dead unit) go find him in chapter 15 :p

Falcomaster16

Smash Journeyman
Sothe is a great character because all his stats get near or at 20. If he could promote he would be way to powerful. I've beaten the game already and I'm on Chap 27 on hard mode. Chapter 26 took me 3 days to beat because someone would always keep dying.

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
I just don't like Sothe's low caps, I just feel like it would just waste my time later. Titania is good but most characters that already changed class suck. Titania is a small exception since she has pretty good level ups i think. I heard Oscar was good but i got tired of his low speed and strength in the beginning.

Smash Lord
Is it true or just a rumor that if you beat hard you get 2 new characters?

Also i heard if you beat the game 5 times you get Griel.

O and trust me, Oscar is amazing. I never used him in my first round but i didn't know any better. Oscar is a killing machine so trust me...he's worth it.

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
8000 said:
Is it true or just a rumor that if you beat hard you get 2 new characters?

Also i heard if you beat the game 5 times you get Griel.

O and trust me, Oscar is amazing. I never used him in my first round but i didn't know any better. Oscar is a killing machine so trust me...he's worth it.
For what i know of, it doesnt have to be on hard mode. You also can use Sephiran and a couple other characters, but only on trial maps :( . so to me, it's just a waste of time.

It's exactly what happened to me. Oscar sucked for a long time, so i stopped using him. Then i heard he was hella good. But i dont feel like playing it again. I don't like the storyline or most of the characters. Ike just became the best lord yet with the max hp, str, skl, spd, dfe...at least for me.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Oscar tends to be good later because his growths pick up later on and his class promotion bonuses are good plus gets a choice of 3 weapons to learn on promotion. He gets a wide variety of supports plus gets a triangle attack

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I hate to bump eternally dead topics, but I had a quick question.

When I'm forging steel and silver weaponry, the weapon exp. gain seems disturbingly similar to that of iron weapons. Does anybody know if forged steel and silver weaponry has the same growth rate as iron weapons, or do they retain the same growth rate as normal steel and silver weapons? Thanks.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
You mean the letter (E D C B A S) level weapon exp? I don't believe it matters what kind of weapon it is, it just matters how many times you use one in battle. I think the weapon gain scheme you're talking about was the one they used in the first Fire Emblem in America for the GBA, where the heavier the weapon, the quicker you gain exp. It'd be a lot more helpful if they got that bar telling you how close you are to leveling up, but I guess we'll have to make do.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
I didn't want to make a new thread, so I searched POR and I found this. I was just wondering who people usually use (assuming that your party is 11 people and you have everyone available for use).

I use:
Lord Ike
Palidan Oscar
Palidan Kieran
Pegases Knight Marcia
Assassin Volke
Sage Calil
Halaberdier Nephenee
Sniper Rolf
Sword Master Zihark
General Gatree
Palidan Astrid

Give Ike an Occult and he is a killig machine :chuckle:. My Rolf has adept and the skill that let's you attack first. He's gotten 7 attacks in one Battle.
Standard Attack (2 attacks)
+ Double Bow (2 more attacks)
+3 Adepts (3 more attacks)
= 7 Attacks each doing 9. I pwned that general.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
No one can attack 7 times in a single battle, and no one can repeatedly equip the same skill. You would only be able to have one Adept.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
No one can attack 7 times in a single battle, and no one can repeatedly equip the same skill. You would only be able to have one Adept.
O rly? It's perfectly possible to attack 7 times.

And I don't have 2 adpets I have what's it called.. adept and... oh God knows what it's called.

I have
Adept: Alows you to attack twice in some instances with a higher percent chance of critical
????: Allows you to attack first in all fights, Mia has it equiped by default.

I have a double bow equiped now follow along.

Normal Attack
Double Bow Attack
Adept

Enemey Attack
Second Attack
Adept
Second Double Bow Attack
Adept

EDIT: I think the second skill is "Vantage"

Top Bottom