• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance[10/17/05]

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice

Published by: Nintendo
Developed by: Intelligent Systems
Genre: Strategy RPG
Number of Players: 1
Release Date:
US: October 17, 2005
Japan: April 20, 2004

First console installment of the strategy-RPG series since the SNES days. Previously released on Famicom (Japan-only), Super Famicom (Japan-only), and Game Boy Advance, Fire Emblem leaves the 2D overhead maps of old behind to serve up 3D villages, fields, and caves, and polygonal battle sequences. The continent of Tellius is divided into humans and half-man/half-beast demi-humans. These two races have battled for centuries and only recently established an uneasy peace. Now, a new force threatens to tear apart the seven kingdoms and reignite the flames of war. Joining the Fire Emblem ranks are new units, such as such as the shape-shifting laguz who transform into beasts to attack their foes. Additionally, characters can now learn unique skills as they gain experience, giving players even more ways to customize their strategy.

My Comments: I think this is going to be another great Fire Emblem game. With all the new characters, units, weapons, etc. this is going to be a great strategy/rpg game for the Gamecube.

For more information/pics/videos, go to ign.com.

Pics:(too big to post here, go to clicky above)

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
I just hope they don't remove some of the classes such as swordmaster, assasin, summoner, and any other awesome class.

Smash Lord
Personally i hope there aren't any monsters in it. Sacred Stones was a disappointment because the human battles weren't challenging.

Humans are more fun to fight than monsters i find. But other than that this game should be awsome. I mean those animal changing units. They look like angels or demons which is pretty cool.

It's good they're keeping that anime-like dialogue scenes in it other than making their converstions in 3D.

Tempest 01

Smash Journeyman
This looks awsome. GF 8000 you are right, they were to easy in SS, but you and I probably have lots of experience from the first one.

I wanna get a Dragon-changing class and kill a weak little troubador *snickers*

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
In the latest nintendo power (i got it 2 days ago) i thing they showed maybe 4-5 guys that can change into animals and 3-4 guys that are birdlike humans.

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
It's just like the gameboy advance ones, you take turns to attack. thank god that it didnt make it like the advance war types on the gamecube (batallion wars). Legendary Kirby, check out the videos and pics at ign.com. Are you a big fan on fire emblem?

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
yeah i know what you mean. the final level was way to easy also. just use eclipse a couple times on the boss with ewan and then attack with empraim and erika, he dead.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I just surrounded him with all the carriers of the legendary weapons and attacked him one by one. The whole game was far too easy. FE7 is the best game I've ever played, bit FE8 is really mediocre. We're getting PoR on the first of December. An importer on my other forum has already played the game (although he hasn't played the other 2) and says it' not bad. Apparently though, and I find this pretty lame, you can't shoot over walls anymore with archers. That was like one of the best things about the first two english releases (and every other FE game for that matter); the uber cheapness of the bowmen.

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
dont forget the magic users, handaxes, javelins, spear, short spear, etc. anyways, it comes out 10/17/05, i know, it matters where you live.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I'm so excited about this game. From what I've seen, the trailers, of both cutscenes and battles, are aboslutely great. I really haven't played many other Fire Emblem games, but even so, I have a feeling that this won't dissapoint, or me at least.

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
Too bad not many people like FF... or else they may have already made a FF on the DS instead of Advance Wars. i have a slight feeling that the battle graphics are going to suck though.

Master.Lord.Marth.

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully the RNG *random nunber generator* isn't as messed up as in Sacred stones. I mean for the love of God, your units miss when they have a 95% of hitting while your enemy hit with 10% of hit. I mean what is this?

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
The big Q is has anyone miss with a 99% chance of hitting or dodged an enemy with 99% chance of hitting? Anyways, while my thief keeps missing, he keeps getting hit. what the heck is up with that?

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Y_LiNk said:
The big Q is has anyone miss with a 99% chance of hitting or dodged an enemy with 99% chance of hitting? Anyways, while my thief keeps missing, he keeps getting hit. what the heck is up with that?
The big A is yes. It happened to me all the time. RNG in Sacred Stones was horrible; as MLM said before, you would miss with such high percentages while they would hit with such low. It just didn't work properly.

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
I think the highest percentage i had and missed was 95% and the lowest % ive been hit is like 7%.

Master.Lord.Marth.

Smash Journeyman
You know, i just thought of something. I am pretty sure there chapters are going to be long in PoR, and i just realized that we won't be able to turn the game off and be sure that it will save. That could be a problem considering that since the battle animations will take long than in the GBA versions thus making the battles even longer.

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
Yeah youre right. NP said its 60+ hours of gameplay. anyways, i always turn the game off as soon one of my characters dies, so then i can start the chapter over.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Maarten said:
I have had this game for some time now, although I haven't played it for the last month, and it's pretty nice. I love the artwork, and the few cut-scenes that are there are pretty impressive. Some of the tunes are nice as well. It is an incredible amount of reading though, although the level of language isn't as high as in baten kaitos, although still higher than Tos. The story is pretty nice, although nothing like what was summed up in the earlier post. It does have some pretty heavy cliches in it, but not to the amount that it's an unovercomable flaw. I haven't seen it through to the end yet, but I feel I'm pretty much nearing the end after some 30 hours. What kinda bothered me as well was how slow the story goes. But the character development kind of makes up for it.

I pretty much suck at this game, and have lost so many units I've missed out on tons of character development. It's pretty hard to keep everyone alive though, and I guess it will give me a reason for a repetetive playthroughs. I've kinda gotten used to the gameplay by now, which is significantly different from advance wars, which I initially believed it was resemblent of. This is actually my first FE, so I don't know how well it stacks up to the rest. I would've liked if the maps were a bit bigger, and it felt more like a war as opposed to tiny skirmishes, but I somewhat feel that that may actually come at some later point in the game, as the maps have been growing.

My current opinions of the game, they may change as I get further....
This is what the importer from my other forum had to say about the game. He knows 3 languages including Japanese so don't doubt his understanding of the storyline of the game. Please note that this post was made over a month ago, so he's probably gotten much farther in the game.

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
wow...everything he said could all be made up. i dont doubt that he could have it and done all this, but that whole thing could be fake or real, so no need to argue about this. I dont believe you and i do believe you. there you go. if he gave other details, id probably believe it but that would make him a spoiler and i dont really like those people, even though i went to ign.com. :p

Falcomaster16

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Fire Emblem FANATIC and I cant wait till Fire Emblem Path of Radiance comes out. What makes the release date better is that I have no school on that day. So I will be playing Fire Emblem all day. I can't wait.

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
I never got to finish the first Fire Emblem :( because when i got it, sacred stones was coming out soon and a couple days after it came out i bought it and played that for a long time and then i didnt want to play the first Fire Emblem for a while... at least i beat sacred stones, which was way to easy :) . Right now $50 is way to much for me right now, i just bought 2 ds games, so im going to have to be in debt :urg: .

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
I hope as soon as they release PoR they will start making a new Fire Emblem about Roy/Marth on the DS, the Nintendo Revolution, or both.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Y_LiNk said:
wow...everything he said could all be made up. i dont doubt that he could have it and done all this, but that whole thing could be fake or real, so no need to argue about this. I dont believe you and i do believe you. there you go. if he gave other details, id probably believe it but that would make him a spoiler and i dont really like those people, even though i went to ign.com. :p
I don't want to make you look like an idiot, but that's like saying information from say Cashed or McFox is made up. Like I said, this guy is an importer, he knows his stuff. Oh and just to save extra postmaking, I'm not making an argument, I'm informing you that this guy is very trustworthy.

Also, if you are yet to finish Blazing Sword, you're truly missing out on one of the best games ever made. It's certainly the best game I've ever played.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
It doesn't really matter. He didn't really say much about the game except it's good, and if you're in this topic, you're buying it anyways so you don't need to be convinced.

And Roy/Marth are from completely seperate games, I just want them to translate those games and send them over here. Especially FE6 after they left a cliffhanger in FE7 (the prequal to FE6).

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
When he said Roy/Marth I think he meant a game from either of those characters, not both in the same game. And I agree, I think maybe it would be a good idea of they packaged the rest of the Fire Emblem games fully translated in with PoR. I know it almost definitely isn't going to happen, but how awesome would it be if they did?

Falcomaster16

Smash Journeyman
Incas any of you didn't know. Marth and Roy live in two different worlds, dimensions, universes. There's no way they will meet up. (except on super smash bros. melee.) Also, I have played Fire Emblems 1-5 on my Super NIntendo Emulator (ZSNESW), and they are really awesome.

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
Rebel581 said:
It doesn't really matter. He didn't really say much about the game except it's good, and if you're in this topic, you're buying it anyways so you don't need to be convinced.

And Roy/Marth are from completely seperate games, I just want them to translate those games and send them over here. Especially FE6 after they left a cliffhanger in FE7 (the prequal to FE6).
This is what i meant:

forblaze71 said:
When he said Roy/Marth I think he meant a game from either of those characters, not both in the same game.
Thanks for clearing that up forblaze71. That is why i put Roy/Marth.

forblaze71 said:
I don't want to make you look like an idiot, but that's like saying information from say Cashed or McFox is made up. Like I said, this guy is an importer, he knows his stuff. Oh and just to save extra postmaking, I'm not making an argument, I'm informing you that this guy is very trustworthy.
Im not trying to make an argue with you or anything but i meant that i dont have enough proof that to make me believe he has it. But i know he COULD have it. Heres a 2nd opinion:
Rebel581 said:
. This is pretty much my OPINION so it could be wrong or right, that is pretty much it. So just lets just stop INFORMING each other if he's trustworthy or not. If this is all you want to hear, here you go: Wow, hes lucky hes an importer. I wish i was one so i could get all the good games that come out in Japan fast. There you go happy???

forblaze71 said:
Also, if you are yet to finish Blazing Sword, you're truly missing out on one of the best games ever made. It's certainly the best game I've ever played.
Sorry, i meant FE1 (US). My bad.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
FE1, U.S. is Blazing sword. Well that's what it translates to in Japanese anyway.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
It certainly is, being only one of two thus far. But c'mon though, it's not that hard to play a better game than FE8. That game is so horrible, the only good thing is the optional promotions.

Y_LiNk

Smash Apprentice
Master.Lord.Marth. said:
Its a shame you didn't get to finish FE US. Y_LInk, its the best FE to ever reach the US.
I know. im stuck on one part. at least got past half way...

Top Bottom