• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pouring one out for Haar. He got the Tobin/Canas/Finn treatment.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Just woke up to the news... Can we get an F in the chat for Haar? Now I know how Canas and Finn fans feel, extremely disappointed. As someone with a +10 Cherche, yeah, zero point in using Haar ever. I'll probably five star him either way since I'm swimming in feathers, but I was considering using my grails on him. Seeing how he ended up, nope.

Happy for the rest of the laguz, specially Lethe, I really like how she turned up. I'd love to pull the tsun cat, but I ain't gonna do it, at least not here.

In other news, the meet the heroes page updated with some cute chibi art as usual. Really love the last one for Lethe, all tsundere as always.

What I wanted to point out though is Haar's page. Where the related heroes appear, the only related hero is Jill, who isn't in the game... I want to ask if any other hero there has had a related character not in the game, just to know. I'm still hoping she eventually comes so she can be the one true speedy axe flier in the permanent pool, as summer Innes is still seasonal locked.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
What I wanted to point out though is Haar's page. Where the related heroes appear, the only related hero is Jill, who isn't in the game... I want to ask if any other hero there has had a related character not in the game, just to know. I'm still hoping she eventually comes so she can be the one true speedy axe flier in the permanent pool, as summer Innes is still seasonal locked.
Looking through the characters, she's the first unless you count Eir's mentioning Hel. That is interesting to note as we've had multiple characters that should've been mentioned like Mila for Duma or Ashera for Yune, but all of them were skipped.

I also hope she's speedy as well, I always liked that she was pretty fast in the Tellius games as it made her fun to use, so I hope they carry that over to FEH when she comes.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Even by doing weird ritualistic stuff with my last 5 Orbs I failed to get Idunn

F

At least the upcoming month seems nicer in terms of Orbs with the Golden Week and stuff.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Guess I'll post the latest manga chapter

9411df8.jpg

Heh, Kiran referencing that old manga page with the other half stuff, and throwing orbs to Hel (as if you wanted to summon her or anything), that was funny. Also Tharja's curse is just the typical message you get on messaging sites lmao.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Guess I'll post the latest manga chapter

View attachment 206106

Heh, Kiran referencing that old manga page with the other half stuff, and throwing orbs to Hel (as if you wanted to summon her or anything), that was funny. Also Tharja's curse is just the typical message you get on messaging sites lmao.

Tharja with the Late 2000s e-mail strats

This is the second comic featuring Hel already, right?

Not even 5 chapters and we already have silly **** with her lol

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The Lion King apparently has some fair stats and surprisingly doesn't have a Superboon in ATK.
Do remember that his weapon gives him +4 in all stats when he's attacked, on top of the +2 in Atk when transformed.

And that's not mentionning his utterly OP skillset. Distant Defense + Dull Ranged in a single skill, Vengeful Fighter, Distant Counter weapon that also includes the above effect...

So he's clearly meant to be wrecking **** up in enemy phase, where his stats go from this*

47 HP/53 Atk/23 Spd/37 Def/30 Res (45 Def/38 Res against ranged foes)

to this*

47 HP/57 Atk/27 Spd/41 Def/34 Res (49 Def/42 Res against ranged foes)

*in both examples, stats are on neutral and includes the transformation bonus in attack

So yeah, base stats aren't busted, but his skillset picks up the slack, imo.

Odd Def Wave at 4*
HOLY ****, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED FOR MY IDUNN BUILD! THANK YOU, IS!

And it's at 4* too, which is great since I already wasted all my feathers to make my Naesala +4 :lol:

Now I just need 80 more coins to boost the Even Def Wave skill and she'll basically get a permanent +6 in Defense... and she was already +Def lmao

Good luck killing her, everyone :laugh:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I like the random, unnecessary detail of a strand of hair being stuck in Tharja's mouth lol.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Gah, it feels like arena has become more of a chore recently. Every other team has L!Azura, and to top it off it feels like the scores I've been able to get with my usual team have been decreasing, though maybe I'm imagining that.
Haar's also got Guard at 5* and Odd Def Wave at 4*. It kinda feels like they're just slapping Guard on any units they can't think of another skill for...
Haar has Guard because he was the original user of it: https://serenesforest.net/path-of-radiance/characters/other-data/

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Gah, it feels like arena has become more of a chore recently. Every other team has L!Azura, and to top it off it feels like the scores I've been able to get with my usual team have been decreasing, though maybe I'm imagining that.

Haar has Guard because he was the original user of it: https://serenesforest.net/path-of-radiance/characters/other-data/
Wait he what? I've only played RD out of the Tellius series, is Guard just Nihil with a different name?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I haven't touched Arena in a few weeks, and Arena Assault in a few months. I'm about at my wits end with Aether Raids, but it does give Grails, so I need to at least tick it off each day.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I feel like the problem with Haar is not that IS didn't implement him in a way that reflects how he was in RD, it's that what made him good in those games doesn't really have much importance in FEH.
I haven't touched Arena in a few weeks, and Arena Assault in a few months. I'm about at my wits end with Aether Raids, but it does give Grails, so I need to at least tick it off each day.
I'm the reverse, I can live with the no effort rewards in AR, but I need to stay in T18-19 in arena for the orbs/coins/stones/feathers.

Edit: spent some dueling crests to get my weekly arena run over with. Blegh.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Put Laegjarn in the Weapon show in Aether Resort
>Tap her and she faces Marth and does a swing
>Laegjarn: "Resist and perish!"
>Marth: "What's wrong, and how may I help?"

Marth is a very pure and innocent child, we must protect him.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Ahaaa, I see. But Nihil is the Tellius equivalent to Heroes' Guard, since it negates attack skills. PoR Guard/RD Cancel blocks enemy counterattacks... so shouldn't Heroes Haar be running Windsweep? A Brave/Windsweep build could've been interesting if he were faster.
Skills change function all the time. Wrath hasn't had the same function in any game it's been in. So regardless of the original effect, guard was his skill.

FEH guard isn't a direct analogue to nihil anyway - guard doesn't prevent skill activation, which is what Nihil did.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Skills change function all the time. Wrath hasn't had the same function in any game it's been in. So regardless of the original effect, guard was his skill.

FEH guard isn't a direct analogue to nihil anyway - guard doesn't prevent skill activation, which is what Nihil did.
Yeah I get that, but I'm just saying that functionally, Heroes' Guard is more similar to Nihil, and Heroes Windsweep is more similar to Guard-Cancel.
The Heroes skills tend to be pretty similar to the ones that inspired them though, just modified to fit with Heroes' systems better. For example, Wrath originally granted higher Crit chance when at low health, but since Crits aren't a thing in Heroes, it accelerates your Special cooldown and power instead.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
image0-8.png

F!Grima bonus week has been kind to me. Got a high score of 3800.

Wonder if I'll actually be able to stay in Tier 21 with this?

Ivander

Smash Legend
*Goes to do my Free Summon*
Lethe norm.png

What did I do?! This is literally the fourth Tellius Banner in a row(since Free Summon wasn't a thing when the first Tellius Banner came out) and I've gotten a Female Banner Unit on the Free Summon once again. First was Nephenee, second was Micaiah, third was Nailah, now I got Lethe(and once again, has an IV that doesn't impact their important stats).
And it hasn't even been more than 3 months since your last Banner, Tellius. Why?! I hardly even went through your first game and didn't even play your second one, Tellius. Why give me a Free Summon harem of Tellius ladies?

No, I don't have a problem with Free Units and I certainly don't mind Lethe, but really, this is the 4th Free Summon of a Female Banner Unit on a Tellius Banner that I have done. Heck, even when I was thinking the possibility of getting four in the row, I was positive all my thinking about it would make the RNG drop and break the chain.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This is Eir, say something nice to her:

Also I wanna know why Alfonse isn't an armored despite the weight of his massive balls.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Oh wow, I got a Ranulf on my first free summon. That’s so good.

He’s technically +Atk, but I’m almost certainly foddering him for his Rally skill. With that I’d be super close to breaking into a new Arena Assault threshold, plus the Rally Atk/Def skill itself would perfectly complement my M!Grima’s Rally Up Res and Joint Hone Spd.

What luck. :happysheep:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I'm so happy, I got two Lethes with the tickets... Didn't expect to get her at all, but game was kind and finally gave me a 5 star after so damn long (hadn't summoned a 5 star focus since Legendary Lucina). So I think I'll merge her since Spd/Def solo is whatever and I really like her. I even got a +Spd IV (the other is +Res), but it might be overkill since she will have 56 SPD unbuffed with her weapon and A slot which is rather insane lol.

Thinking about a Gale force build, it will probably be fun. I think I'll upgrade Naesala, Panne and Reyson to 5 star so I can have some beasts sinergy. Finally something to do in the game, I'm so damn happy...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Marth: "I liberated my country from a terrifying evil, and became the Hero-King."

Alm: "Together with my destined waifu of destiny, I united two warring nations and freed them of their reliance on the gods, and became the first Saint-King of Valentia.

Alfonse: "I faced Death, whose power I already witnessed in the flesh when she claimed my father's life in place of my own. I looked her dead in the eyes.

I told her to go **** herself."

Alfonse more like CHADfonse.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Book I Alfonse was a generic blank slate

Book II Alfonse turned him into an actual character

Book III Alfonse has the biggest balls in all of FE

He grew up so fast~

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alfonse looked at Death in the eye and told her "no u" and she actually **** her pants

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Book II and Book III showed that Alfonse really has what it takes to outsmart people in clever ways.

But that latest chapter in particular is just... That's a 300 IQ play right there.

Last edited:

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
I used to dislike Alfonse for being a bland, generic OC lord. No more.
Also, really wondering where that world gate leads. Back to one of the FE worlds? Maybe to Three Houses? Maybe to Embla?

Also I just pulled a Mufasa and just want to remind y'all of the most glorious battle theme in all of Fire Emblem:
Edit: yeeeeeeee I pulled another one on a summon ticket! I'm fully vindicated for the hundred-ish orbs I spent earlier that ended up not getting me Idunn.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Also, really wondering where that world gate leads. Back to one of the FE worlds? Maybe to Three Houses? Maybe to Embla?
Whatever it is, I'm betting it's gonna lead to Surtr.

Dude died, so technically, he could be part of Hel's forces.

Y'all better get ready for more Muspellflame fights :^)

D

Deleted member

"Ok IntSys, can you turn Sharena into an actual character now?"
"Nah"
"How about Anna?"
"Who?"

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Starts saving
>But what if Idunn pitybreaks me?
20190410_160327.jpg

Mythra, you're a very smart Orb investor.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, I have some thoughts on the latest chapter...

It's pretty good.

One concern I had going into Hel was that, having already established the starting points of the story (Alfonse succeeding his father, Eir being a traitor, what it means to be a king etc.), the story might stagnate in the middle as it stumbled to its conclusion. But as of now it looks like they have a few tricks up their sleeves still to keep things interesting.

So I just want to talk about a few characters and my thoughts on how they're progressing.

Alfonse

Obviously a lot of people have already commented on this, but I like the direction they're taking Alfonse's character, namely emphasizing his strengths of deductive reasoning and surprisingly optimistic thinking. The last few chapters and Book 2 in general have shown that Alfonse is pretty clever; he's able to pick up on the quirks of Hel's powers and methods and correctly conclude that she must be hiding some sort of critical weakness. But what really sets him apart from others, including his own father, is that he actually has hope. Gustav held the rather fatalistic view that Hel was death itself, a force of pure nature that could not be 'defeated.' In contrast, Alfonse doesn't buy into this. Monsters under the bed only hold as much power as you give them, and Alfonse refuses to grant that to Hel. He firmly believes that there must be a way to stop Hel, and it's only from this perspective that he's able to make his key observations that lead him to seeking out Hel's weakness, as well as his big moment in this chapter. And judging by the reception he's received so far, it's a character design that works.

Eir

So this chapter straight up confirms that Eir's relationship with her mother is abusive. Hel has outright killed her thousands of times for personal gain, something Eir describes as being uniquely agonizing. It's clear that Eir hated going through that... But she was useful. As horrific as those experiences were, she was able to be useful to her mother. She had a place with her. Given that Hel has, up until now, been the closest thing to 'love' she's ever experienced, she's extremely protective of that relationship despite how toxic it is. On top of that, she also buys into Hel's hype; just like Gustav, she's convinced that Hel is nothing short of death incarnate, so of course defeating death is absurd. As a result, Eir is stuck in a standard abusive relationship; she's unhappy, but she can't imagine a better alternative and is prepared to go to great lengths to maintain what she's comfortable with. This is probably what's going to stab the Askr trio in the back down the line; they mistakenly think that she's a victim who's successfully escaped, not picking up on how her internalized feelings of uselessness might motivate her to do something useful again.

When Book 3 started, I like Eir well enough for her design and having something resembling an actual personality and character arc, but I figured her role would mostly just be to go through a very basic redemption arc where she starts off as a servant to the bad guy but then learns the true meaning of friendship and finds the strength to stand up to her mom. Simple, but satisfying enough. This revelation doesn't change that, per se, but it gives the story some much appreciated depth to its emotions, making Eir simultaneously more sympathetic and more ominous. Would she really be willing to kill her new friends just so that she can have a chance at reclaiming happiness with her mother? While I'm sure Eir will end up with the good guys by the end, I'm interested to see if she actually will be able to defy her mother when the time comes.

On a side note, I also appreciate how Eir is being used as a foil to Alfonse. Eir's fatalistic view of Hel contrasts well with Alfonse's optimism, and that's led to some interesting conversations. It also serves as a great stepping stone for Eir to see a new perspective that just might help her escape her abuse.

Hel

I have a soft spot for a certain type of villain. Not sure if there's a trope name for this, but I like villains that look godly and act godly but... aren't. Villains that like to give the impression that they are omnipotent forces beyond reckoning, and in many ways are, but have some sort of flaw they'd like to pretend doesn't exist. This can make for some more interesting villains, but it especially makes for more compelling narratives as the heroes have to go up against seemingly insurmountable odds but end up bringing the villain down to their level, usually by overcoming their own faults and exploiting the villain's.

Hel seems to be developing into that. She'd certainly like everyone to believe that she's simply Death, and in many ways she might as well be. She's certainly convinced the likes of Gustav and Eir. But as Alfonse notices, someone with as much power as Hel claims to have wouldn't need to go around starting wars or cursing people to get what she wants. It's a facade to hide the fact that she has a weakness.

And that leads right into Alfonse's big moment in the chapter when he tells Hel to her face that he's going to exploit the weaknesses in her curse to end her life. Unfortunately for Hel, not only has Alfonse caught on to the limits of her power, but she makes a crucial mistake; she gets angry. She revokes the curse just so she can have the petty satisfaction of a more gratifying death for him, thus confirming Alfonse's suspicions about her imperfections. After all, what sort of god of death would throw a temper tantrum over some kid being sassy to her if he was going to die anyway?

It's for moments like these that I like these sorts of villains. With the right set up you can have some really cool narrative payoff.

So yeah, I've liked the story up until now, and I'm still liking where it's going. There is some genuinely good stuff in here.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Book 3 being good is bittersweet. Glad that they're improving, but my favourites from Book 2 will never get this treatment.

Also reminds me of the missed potential of this game not actually doing much with the crossover aspect.

Top Bottom