• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
QoL features that make the gameplay better for the player like auto-repeat, skips, and other such perks are now being locked behind a paywall. Features that players with other gachas including Nintendo's Dragalia Lost are offered for free. Why? Please tell me why? I'm sure the cosmetics would've been enough since everyone likes dressing up their favorites, they didn't need to lock things that should be implemented into the game proper behind a $10 pass. It really comes off as trying to squeeze out every little dollar that they can from their playerbase, and that's sad to see since for the past three years it's been pretty friendly to those who didn't spend. This is a huge misstep on their part and one I don't think should be given a pass.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Feh would be better if like 5 dollars. Auto Start absolutely shouldn’t be there when all it does is save you maybe 30 seconds tops.
S supports X 3 is nuts on certain heroes so I can see why. I genuinely don’t care or think the game needs divine pulse as a feature when that breaks GHBs which is bad enough when there’s f2p guides every time.

The echos banner is great, and everything else seems fine.
Overall a decent feh Channel. Looking forward to the hero rises and those special summoning they are handing out.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can understand Expanded Summoner Support being Season Pass only, especially considering 3 Summoner Supports is practically giving 3 of your units in your party a big boost in all battles. You would be giving your Arena and Aether Raid teams a strong boost in Offense and it would also make Quests and Chain Challenges much easier. That said, 2 Summoner Supports would be a nice QoL change on non-Feh Pass, as it wouldn't be overpowered. 3 Summoner Supports however is very powerful.
That's literally why it should be free for everyone to benefit from.

The game was already pretty P2W as it was when it came to competitive modes. But now it's worse since people who pay can literally have stronger versions of any character with their extra supports.

And don't forget that you can more than likely stack Summoner Support with a Resplendent Hero too, giving those units +4 in total (equal to basically being +20 merge).

At least if it were a standard, free feature, everyone can use it, therefore it's not overpowered as the fact anyone can use it means they can still do really well with it as F2P as long as they are smart about their units and can retain some form of competition with whales.

But now the whales who already run teams full of +10 merge premium units with optimal builds get another boost that only they can access, giving them an INHERENT advantage.

As for PvE content, most PvE content is easy anyway at this point in the game's life. The only ones that aren't are Abyssal maps, and +2 to all stats isn't exactly going to let you steam roll those, so I hardly see the issue there.

EDIT: Turns out they have some regional prices in the video description:

USD $9.49
AUD $15.49 (equivalent to $10.34 USD)
GBP £9.99 (equivalent to $13.19 USD)
EUR €11.49 (equivalent to $15.17 USD)

Not only are they including QoL changes, they are charging some regions extra compared to the US. What a load of horse piss.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I can live with not being able to use alts of characters I probably wasn't going to use anyway, but damn having additional summon supports and bonus stats locked behind a paywall is super scummy. Letting this slide would probably encourage IS to do similar things in the future so everyone who is upset with it should definitely complain through the official feedback system.

Also lol the number of dislikes on the FEH Channel is currently outnumbering the likes by over 3,000. Hopefully IS realizes to never pull this crap again.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Like with the reactions to the feh pass, I’d bet orbs that they fix that **** tea quick before release. Especially when other regions are being over charged.

I’m betting this is more a Nintendo move then IS move, if not DENA. But yeah I think we will see the pass change before release

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Taking a hiatus after this trashy move. I strongly discourage you all from buying the pass, though of course you can do whatever you like with your money.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
-Still gotta wait a bit until Divine Codes can be used, but otherwise, a bit nice, but also a bit eh. Like....I can understand not wanting to make all Combat Manuals available and having people go for the very powerful ones right away, but there should be alot more variety with the Combat Manuals that are chosen. 2 Paths feels like little.
They did say there'll be more info later, I imagine it's more than just two paths.

Also uh... yeah. I cannot believe that after Nintendo has already told their developers to cool it with microtransactions, IntSys decides to make a subscription service- easily the scummiest form of microtransaction ever to be vomitted out of wherever Satan keeps his list of evil ideas.

Everyone, seriously: dislike the Channel, and send in feedback. Hold them to the standards that Nintendo prides itself on.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Just realized that there's a chance the new Hero alts could be added to the Hero Catalog since they have new artwork + voicelines. Assuming this is true, that means you're gonna have to fork over some cash if you want to 100% your catalog now. What the ****.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They did say there'll be more info later, I imagine it's more than just two paths.

Also uh... yeah. I cannot believe that after Nintendo has already told their developers to cool it with microtransactions, IntSys decides to make a subscription service- easily the scummiest form of microtransaction ever to be vomitted out of wherever Satan keeps his list of evil ideas.

Everyone, seriously: dislike the Channel, and send in feedback. Hold them to the standards that Nintendo prides itself on.
I don't see why you are acting as if Nintendo is innocent, you forget they publish this game and allowed similar practice in other games. I absolutely think they encouraged this.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why you are acting as if Nintendo is innocent, you forget they publish this game and allowed similar practice in other games. I absolutely think they encouraged this.
Alright well, hold Nintendo to the standards they pride themselves on. You're right, the fact that they okayed this makes it even worse. And even WORSE if the idea came from higher up than IntSys.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’ll say this, the best thing is probably getting the seasons in the 4 star pool. Correct me if I’m wrong, but did they said they are limited to that summoning event? I assume they are but it be pretty cool if they aren’t

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
If I may bring something I liked about the Feh Channel to make this discussion not all doom and gloom:

>Learning Conrad got a seasonal alt

Yo, I never expected Conrad to get an alt, but I'm quite happy to see my boy Conrad getting some seasonal love. What's better is that he is a 4* focus, so it seems like he'll be easier to summon than the others!

He also looks gorgeous in that Valentine costume. I want clean art of Valentine Conrad pronto!

Speaking of 4* focus, I think it's great that IS is letting one seasonal from a banner appear as a 4* as well. At least it makes one of them more accessible.

Last edited:

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Yes, there were good things to come out of channel. My favorite is Divine Code; there's lots of skills I want, but I'm not willing to fodder the units they're on, so I've got a pretty long wishlist for the manuals. Plus a bunch of bad stat banes I'd like to merge out of.

Ivander

Smash Legend

We truly don't know if IS is behind the decision. The "Season Pass" deal began with Mario Kart Tour. Than later also came to Animal Crossing Pocket Camp. If anything, this feels more like a Nintendo decision or possibly even Dena.

But geez, they do need to do some major reconsidering on this "Pass". Because the QoL changes shouldn't be restricted behind a Paywall. Hell, they could sell this Pass by the Skins and Quests alone. Azur Lane has "Passes" that mainly focuses on the costumes and those sell. Granblue Fantasy allows you to buy Costumes with money and it even comes with a Free 10-roll. The Feh Pass would work just fine with just the Alternate skins and Quests.
I’ll say this, the best thing is probably getting the seasons in the 4 star pool. Correct me if I’m wrong, but did they said they are limited to that summoning event? I assume they are but it be pretty cool if they aren’t
If I may bring something I liked about the Feh Channel to make this discussion not all doom and gloom:

>Learning Conrad got a seasonal alt

Yo, I never expected Conrad to get an alt, but I'm quite happy to see my boy Conrad getting some seasonal love. What's better is that he is a 4* focus, so it seems like he'll be easier to summon than the others!

Speaking of 4* focus, I think it's great that IS is letting one seasonal from a banner appear as a 4* as well. At least it makes one of them more accessible.
The rest of the Feh Channel was actually fine. It was really just the Pass that really backfired on it, cause otherwise, the rest of the Feh Channel was fine. Cause really:
-4-Star Seasonals. It may be restricted to one unit, but it also allows people to have an easier time +10ing that one particular Hero they like. And the cool thing is that Returning Season Banners may give out 4-stars as well.
-Divine Codes are not that impressive, but being able to give a +1 to one of your 5-stars or get a hard to get skill is still good. If they have even more Paths than just the two and if they are gotten at a reasonable price of Divine Codes, I can see the Divine Codes being good.
-Hero Rises coming back. Much better than Find Hero from last year. But the Voting Gauntlet is going to be a real bloodbath that'll make the Lyn vs Camilla battle look like kittens and bunnies.
-Free 3-year Seasonal character.
-Hero Fest Banners of the previous CYL Winners.

The Feh Channel was honestly fine. Not great, but fine until the Pass came around. Once the Pass came around, that's when it became very sour that it overshadowed the rest of the channel.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Funnily enough despite the subscription service being the worst thing ever, everything else that was announced was amazing to me:
  • Alm + Celica which was my most wanted duo unit
  • Free Silque
  • Seasonal demotes being a thing now
  • The ability to create combat manuals now
  • A hint at another Three Houses banner thanks to Lysithea in the end
If the subscription service segment wasn't there and replaced with a 5 minute analysis at a new Reina unit this would've been my all time favorite FEH channel.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Funnily enough despite the subscription service being the worst thing ever, everything else that was announced was amazing to me:
  • Alm + Celica which was my most wanted duo unit
  • Free Silque
  • Seasonal demotes being a thing now
  • The ability to create combat manuals now
  • A hint at another Three Houses banner thanks to Lysithea in the end
If the subscription service segment wasn't there and replaced with a 5 minute analysis at a new Reina unit this would've been my all time favorite FEH channel.
Good alt picks, a way to get old seasonals, 4 star focuses... no wonder they shoved the pass in there at the end, hoping that the other stuff would drown it out. Unfortunately it's tainted everything else for me and started me on an overdue hiatus.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The pass doesn’t drive me crazy honestly. Yes, the QoL updates should 100% be free and it is gross to have to pay for it. But I can honestly live without those features just fine. The only one that hurts is extra summoner supports.

Lyn and Cordelia getting a stat buff is fine. Yeah it’s behind a paywall, but this is actually a huge improvement over micro transactions already in the game. You can pay for more and have absolutely no guarantee to get what you want, easily. The seasonal bundles that give you a particular unit are also significantly more expensive than ~10 dollars. To me these are like confirmed “new” units (new art, new animation, new voice lines) with extra goodies from quests. Hopefully they remain focused on the OG outdated units with these.

Point is, it’s not really a loss at all to not be subscribed all the time or even most of the time, so while the price is bad, the benefit is mostly not from paying over a 100 a year, it’s paying ten maybe once or a couple times a year for your favorite OG units (plus an extra) guaranteed with a bonus of orbs/grails/etc. that you can keep before you unsubscribe right after.

So yeah, only the fact that two summoner support stat boosts being bundled is worrisome about it to me. It’s incredibly gross the QoL updates other games do for free is locked behind a subscription but I don’t need those updates... like at all. So I’m not losing any sleep not paying for them.

Not sure what to think about the Divine Code stuff yet. At first I thought it was even BETTER than getting merge tokens, since they also serve as skill fodder. But because they effectively serve as a copy of a unit, they don’t want you just get any particular one you want because that would discourage summoning. Better than nothing to be sure, but it looks like my barracks of -ATK/SPD 5* units are going to have to wait a long time or possibly never receive a merge.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Cant say i am too surprised by the subscription service after mario kart & animal crossing got one but was not expecting quality of life changes which should be free in it or a price much higher than the other nintendo subscriptions.

That being said as someone who doesnt do arena or aether raids competitively, does the bare minimum for tempest trials and grand hero battles, and stopped doing the training quests, a lot of the features are not really a big deal for me personally although i can see them helping out other people quite a bit and if they were added for free maybe it would have been enough to convince me to play some of those modes more like i used to but whatever.

I think maybe they should have at least given everyone a little bit of the new features like maybe offering 1 rewind per map, 2 summoner supports, and limited auto starts everyday and maybe offset that with a lower price or more exclusive quests or rewards for said quests. Idk just an idea.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sucks to see what IS pulled with this FEH Pass thing.

As many people have said here, I will also refuse to pay for it

Ivander

Smash Legend
Something to think about regarding Divine Codes and Paths. While they did show that you can choose between different paths and still keep your spot in the previous Path you were getting Manuals from. Interestingly enough, they never mentioned the possibility of Repeating the same Path. In some games, after getting a "Path" done, you can do the Path again to get the same stuff.
So there may be alot of good potential if Repeating a Path is a thing. It would allow players to focus their Divine Codes on +10ing a particular Hero or even a particular skill. And it wouldn't quite be an easy +10 as you would need to get the other Manuals you may or may not want. And Divine Codes is still a currency, so the player would either need to save up for when a particular Hero comes or risk losing out on getting a Hero you want multiple times later. Repeating a Path would be far from broken, especially when Heroes are selected for the Paths and they won't always have a Hero that players want.
That said, the possible evidence against Repeating Paths is when they showed the Red Divine Codes and when Spring Camilla was gotten, she was "darkened". That would imply that once you get her, you can't get her again. And the same could be said for the Paths. On the other hand, the Red Divine Codes don't go to Paths and you can choose any Hero, so they may be more limiting on those compared to the Paths.

Well, won't know until March to see how Divine Codes and Paths work. So until then, it's just speculation on my part.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't like the mentality of "oh, it's fine because I don't think I'd use those features". Plenty of people would, and more worryingly, it sets a precedent of them locking more and more stuff behind paywalls.

Multiple Summoner Supports, Auto-Start, and Turn Redos are things I've wanted for ages and I know most of the community has too so even if I didn't care about them, it's still a huge middle finger.

Resplendent Heroes are a feature I've wanted for ages as well, but if it was JUST that, and a few extra Orbs or whatever, I wouldn't be too miffed since I could just get the subscription whenever it features characters I care about which likely wouldn't be often.

It also feels like desperation on their part since the game has been declining. I expect the game to end service in the next year or two at this rate.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It also feels like desperation on their part since the game has been declining. I expect the game to end service in the next year or two at this rate.
Fire Emblem Heroes is definitely not declining. It's the opposite. The game is still selling extremely well and still dominates Nintendo Mobile's sales, selling over half of Nintendo Mobile's total revenue.

With sales like that, Nintendo wouldn't cut the lifespan of their biggest mobile moneymaker this soon.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Fire Emblem Heroes is definitely not declining. It's the opposite. The game is still selling extremely well and still dominates Nintendo Mobile's sales, selling over half of Nintendo Mobile's total revenue.

With sales like that, Nintendo wouldn't cut the lifespan of their biggest mobile moneymaker this soon.
That's total sales, including their incredible profitable first year. Revenue has been on a decline since last year.

If you want to buy the pass that's fine, your money, but to see people fervently defending this and saying there's nothing wrong with paying to have better stats over F2P players... OOF. Sets a bad precedent to let the devs walk over you in the future with a FEH Pass DELUXE or something.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
If you want to buy the pass that's fine, your money, but to see people fervently defending this and saying there's nothing wrong with paying to have better stats over F2P players... OOF. Sets a bad precedent to let the devs walk over you in the future with a FEH Pass DELUXE or something.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the subscription pass either, and I sympathize with all the criticisms it has received. I was only trying to counter that earlier point about Feh shutting down soon.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
What they did was far from defending. Pointing out something does not equal defending or attacking at all, especially if pointed out with skepticism. Just because they were skeptical of FEH being shut-down due to it still making money doesn't mean they were defending them or their practices. As much as I like Fate Grand Order itself, there are plenty of things about it that I do not like and would not defend.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Err... just to make it clear I wasn't trying to vague anyone in this thread. Sorry if it came off that way, I meant in a general sense but I don't want anyone to feel attacked.

Anyways yeah I'm gonna take a hiatus from the game. I haven't been playing it that often anyways, Hall of Forms was the last thing I really liked but its pretty infrequent, and I really don't care about the Strike Mode.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Like zumaddy said, that's just total sales that are reflective of an incredible first year. The game has been declining since about the end of Book II. Some rises here and there, but it always comes back down and the highs get lower.

It's also worth noting that, while the game isn't doing horrible by any means, it's not doing as well as it has in the past, or as well as it could. AAA corporations usually edge closer to axeing live service games when this happens, because enough is never enough. They aren't going to keep supporting declining software, even if it's doing reasonably well, because they see that as "well the game will never reach it's initial high again".

It's definitely a part of the reason we are getting the Feh Pass. Corporations running live service games always do this when a game starts declining. Not as many whales spending on banners out of either losing interest in the game, or in summoning itself, and F2P players have a had a lot of reasons to be driven away already since the game hasn't been kind to them. So they're trying to get super dedicated players or players willing to spend a bit of money every so often (such as myself) to serve as the new main source of revenue since they can't hold onto whales like before. Problem is, this pass goes too far, so the people it's targeting are ALSO gonna be turned off the game.

If they don't both improve the game and start making more money off it somehow, it realistically won't last longer than another year or two. Even if it's doing competently, that's not gonna be enough for a AAA corporation like Nintendo or DeNa. The more than likely will just end this game's service and start a new game.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Wow, one bad thing and everyone wants the game dead :ohwell:
I don't even pay money so I just ignored the FEH Pass. The Valentines alts once again makes everyone look very uncomfortable. And of course we have cringy lines on everyone again. Nobody shuts up about one particular topic. It gets annoying after awhile. Rudolf looks pretty decent though. And did they ever explain what Alm and Celicas duo skill was?

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Welp, the FEH Pass quests appear as notifications in the bottom right of the main screen, but you can't collect them. Awful design pushing players to buy the pass or they'll 'miss out' on the quests they completed.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So update info:
Stats:
Skills:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Moj5MAvaa14

Silque's skills are a Staff that gives +5 ATK and DEF to the ally with the highest SPD. She has Martyr+, Live to Serve 3 And SPD Opening. Basically, she is like Winter Eirika, except for the allies with the highest SPD than the highest ATK. And as someone who has Winter Eirika, she makes Tempest Trial and Auto Battles easy. So I expect Silque to be useful too.

Refines:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ezly9x/all_new_refines/
All of them got really solid ones.

Barst: MAN TOO ANGRY TO DIE! His weapon gives him a F!Delthea Fury effect where he gets +4 to all his stats in combat, then takes 4 damage after combat. His Refine is Wrath. In other words, he can have Fury 8 AND Double Wrath. Basically, beware this woodcutter when he's low on the HP.
-
Jakob: Pretty dang good refine. His Weapon is when he attacks, he automatically inflicts a -4 combat debuff to all of his opponent's stats. His Refine is so easy to activate as when he is 3 spaces away from an ally that is under 100% HP, he gets a +4 combat boost. Combined with Fury 4 and a Tank/Ally with Fury, he can literally get a +12 Combat boost.
-
F!Morgan: Her weapon gives a boost to her stats when her RES is higher than the foes. Her refine is Literally both of Camilla's Axe's effects on one Refine, except for two things. One, it affects all allies rather than just Cavalry and Fliers. Two, F!Morgan gets +3 to her ATK and SPD when close to her allies while Camilla gets +4 to her ATK and SPD. But to sum it up, Camilla's weapon got powercreeped.
-
Laslow: His weapon is Support-based. When he or an ally use a Movement-based assist, depending on who was targeted with the Assist, they and all allies within 2 spaces of the affected character get +4 to all their stats. Basically, if Laslow was targeted by the Assist, he and all allies 2 spaces away from him wil get the boost. If he uses an Assist on an ally, that ally and all allies 2 spaces away from them will get the boost. Like that...
His Refine is when Laslow is 3 spaces away from two or more of his allies and all of their Bonuses combined Exceed over 10, Laslow gets +3 to his ATK and DEF during combat AND gets a Brave effect on both phases. It's a very good weapon for him, makes him a great ally to Bladetomes and allows him to take advantage of his high ATK.
In action:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ezms3w/laslows_refine_is_okay_i_guess/
Just to point out, this is a +ATK non-merged Laslow, with 2 Dragonflowers against Abyssal Legendary Hector.

That all aside......yeah, the Pass is making itself obvious to the OCD crowd....:evil: But if some of you were still wondering, Yes, you do keep the Resplendent Heroes that you get from the Pass if you choose not to renew the Pass.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Welp, the FEH Pass quests appear as notifications in the bottom right of the main screen, but you can't collect them. Awful design pushing players to buy the pass or they'll 'miss out' on the quests they completed.
I am not happy about thst at all. I hate seeing a forever notification that I cant get rid of

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
No leave it, it's fine, we Android users don't want it.

Top Bottom