• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
If this isn't the textbook definition of "filler banner" then I don't know what is. IS is really trying to stretch content out until Book 3 releases.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Watch Hrid be GHB
>Then, forging bonds featuring Surtr, Fjorm, Yglr and Hrid for the lols
>Legendary Camilla with Bolverk this month

There, I predicted the dankest timeline.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
>Watch Hrid be GHB
>Then, forging bonds featuring Surtr, Fjorm, Yglr and Hrid for the lols
>Legendary Camilla with Bolverk this month

There, I predicted the dankest timeline.
If this comes true, I want a do-over on the universe.

Ivander

Smash Legend
>Sinmara in Aether raids
Hrid could be a Legendary Hero, much like Fjorm and Gunnthra. On the other hand, there is supposedly a new GHB battle on the 22nd, so that could be him. Plus, free Hrid would make some people happy, especially now that GHB and TT units can be bought.

Anyway:
-Only 2 units? Really? A 2 Unit Banner? Like...I understand if they wanted to get the rest of the OCs out and they are planning Hrid on either Legendary Banner or Grand Hero Battle, but....the Banner shows they only need to put 2 units on to make a Banner and that will be rather frightful for future banners. Like....can you imagine the rage for only 2 units on the Radiant Dawn and Binding Blade Banners?
-Steady Stance 4......and it has frickin' Guard attached to it, meaning some builds no longer need Guard. I can only assume they are doing this to hurt effects like Heavy Blade, Flashing Blade, Bold Fighter, etc. But still....the powercreep has really been stacking lately.
-Ylgr looks pretty decent. Surtr looks broken.
-Sorcery Blade has potential to be very deadly. Be adjacent to a Magic ally and they will attack the lower of either DEF or RES. Now it's likely that this might be a Dagger-only skill. But if it can be equipped by any physical units, like Sword, Axe or Lance units, then this has alot of potential to be powerful. Think about this....Ryoma....Xander...Camus....Fjorm....any Distant Counter unit able to attack either the DEF or RES of anyone who attacks them. Ryoma, Xander, Camus with Vantage. Them attacking the lowest of DEF or RES first before getting attacked.
Heck, look at Saber with his Golden Dagger. Not only with the -1 Special cooldown, but able to use a Special Spiral build that sets up a Bonfire right away. Now imagine him being able to attack the DEF or RES of an enemy. That's pretty dangerous.
Then the idea of both Archers and Dagger users using the skill. They become much more effective at the notion of being able to attack either DEF or RES. Brave Bows and Firesweep Bows become very dangerous. So do Slaying Bows and Barb Shurikens. I don't think I even have to mention Poison Dagger.

Anyway, Sorcery Blade has alot of potential to be dangerous. Sure, it's not easy to use due to the fact that you need to be Adjacent to a Magic ally, but when considering Distant Counter characters like Saber, Ryoma or Xander, or the idea of Brave Bows, Firesweep Bows, Innes' Refined Nidhogg, Barb Shurikens, etc being able to attack RES, there is alot of potential with Sorcery Blade.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
My immediate reaction after watching the trailer: No Hrid? Why IS?

This is probably what made me the maddest about this banner: for a banner that includes the rest of the Book II OCs, they left him out! As a Hrid fan, this stings!

I have a hard time imagining him as the GHB since he is never fought as an enemy unit. I can see him being a Legendary Hero though, but this month's? I don't know we just had a red Legendary Hero, unless Hrid turns out to be a completely different color, or he ends up being another red dagger/our first red archer (which the more I look into it, the more it seems like a nice possibility).

On the bright side of this banner, at least we finally have another unit that can fodder off Speed Tactic that isn't Legendary Lyn. The Eirika I'm currently building would really like that skill!

And Steady Stance 4 is absolutely PERFECT for my Shiro with its +8 Def boost and built in Guard! In fact, I think I'll start by sniping green on the banner!

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
No comment on the "banner" because that's horrible both for the powecreep and the fact that it's a 2 character banner, not looking forward to fighting Surtr, seems stupidly annoying.

On other news, I finally did it
I got to the great summoner rank! I'm never doing this again, had to fish for high scores and it was an absolute pain to win those matches, but I did it. Screw Nowi, H!Myrrh, L!Tiki, Zelgius, and SPECIALLY SCREW BOLD FIGHTER.

And I want to thank this girl for making it possible
740c60e.png

Bless her and her lunar brace. It was so cool to use her in battle, even though she was -Atk thanks to a +Def IV I could get her to 50 defense on the enemy phase with over 50 attack and speed. Shredding through Nowi's defenses with a special was so satisfying, I'm glad I got her in the last legendary banner.

Now that's another achievement I can cross of my "to do" list in the game.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It only took 40 Orbs yo

SHE
IS
****IN
GORGEOUS
Screenshot_20181120-001955.jpg
-HP+Spd
With 70 Orbs left I dunno if I should snipe merges or hoard, as I wanna use her in arena.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So something very interesting from the latest Learn with Sharena...
https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/wp-content/uploads/USen_EV006_002_01.png
Anyone else notice the oddity?

Think they could put up First-year units up for buying?
Putting the seasonal units in the grail system would be a massive shift for the game with the number of Heroes and skills made accessible without the need for Orbs, so I'm doubtful IS would be that generous.

Though I also would have said that about the grail system altogether.

I think it's possible. If IS is really planning on 3.0 being a game-changer, this would be the way to do it.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Putting the seasonal units in the grail system would be a massive shift for the game with the number of Heroes and skills made accessible without the need for Orbs, so I'm doubtful IS would be that generous.

Though I also would have said that about the grail system altogether.

I think it's possible. If IS is really planning on 3.0 being a game-changer, this would be the way to do it.
There's one of two possibilities:
-First one would be making the First-year units buyable, starting with the Easter units the next time they come around. The upside would be that certain skills can be gotten much easier, like Live for Honor & Bounty from Spring Xander & Camilla respectively, Axe Experience from Chrom and the huge deal of Swift Sparrow from Lucina.
The downside would be that they don't get access to IVs, meaning those who get a Spring character from the shop would have a less potent character compared to a person who has a Spring character with optimal IVs, but the potential other upside would be that if you had a Spring version with poor IVs, a Neutral IV character can fix that.
-The other possibility would be releasing a Banner that gives you a chance of getting a First-Year Seasonal Focus character at both 5-Star AND 4-Star. That would allow people who missed them the first year to have a much easier chance of getting a First Year unit and allowing easier access to IVs and Skills from them. The downside would be that it's still up to luck, but at the same time, it would sound like something that IS could get behind.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
There's one of two possibilities:
-First one would be making the First-year units buyable, starting with the Easter units the next time they come around. The upside would be that certain skills can be gotten much easier, like Live for Honor & Bounty from Spring Xander & Camilla respectively, Axe Experience from Chrom and the huge deal of Swift Sparrow from Lucina.
The downside would be that they don't get access to IVs, meaning those who get a Spring character from the shop would have a less potent character compared to a person who has a Spring character with optimal IVs, but the potential other upside would be that if you had a Spring version with poor IVs, a Neutral IV character can fix that.
-The other possibility would be releasing a Banner that gives you a chance of getting a First-Year Seasonal Focus character at both 5-Star AND 4-Star. That would allow people who missed them the first year to have a much easier chance of getting a First Year unit and allowing easier access to IVs and Skills from them. The downside would be that it's still up to luck, but at the same time, it would sound like something that IS could get behind.
There's also the possibility that IS just hacks 4-Star versions of 5-Star exclusive units into their barracks and forgot to edit that out of the picture, in which case it means nothing.

If it does mean something, I would assume that they'd go with the first option where they just put in some of the earlier units in through the grail system. That serves a few functions for them, namely letting them stop rerunning the original banners when we'd otherwise be getting three seasonal banners at once, as well as making grails (and by extension, Aether Raids) more desirable. Maybe they'd start throwing in grails as part of their monthly orb offers, as well.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So something very interesting from the latest Learn with Sharena...
https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/wp-content/uploads/USen_EV006_002_01.png
Anyone else notice the oddity?

Think they could put up First-year units up for buying?
My money's on this just being intern-kun's less helpful sibling messing around in the debug menu while taking promotional screenshots, meaning to put in regular Henry, and not noticing their mistake. Probably doesn't mean much of anything. I'd like to be wrong, though, being able to get guaranteed copies of seasonal units would open up so many possibilities.

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice
I think they'll lower them to 4 stars, but I don't think they'll do it for something like a grail system. I think eventually they are going to have to demote the old 5 stars of the event banners, probably some year they get back to that holiday.

I'm also happy to be wrong and they are giving us a chance to get them for free.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Here's my dumb theory:
3.0 will give us the chance of choosing one and only one of the last year's seasonals to become buyable with grails.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Here's my dumb theory:
3.0 will give us the chance of choosing one and only one of the last year's seasonals to become buyable with grails.
Maybe......

Or they might give us a unit of our choice for Christmas this year after what happened last year....

That said, the idea of making units buyable with Grails for a set period of time definitely sounds like something they would do.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
New unit stats + the next GHB
Hint hint: is not Hrid

L9AYYjw_d (1).jpg

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
New unit stats + the next GHB
Hint hint: is not Hrid
Whoa. I was wondering when that character was going to show up. That said, Haccan did an incredible job with doing the art for the character. Also, it's cool to see that he differs from Lyon and Canas in terms of stats.

Also, lolSurtr. Surtr has frickin' Trainee stats, meaning he's tied with L!Tiki and H!Myrrh for BST. Not only that, but he has a Superboon in ATK & DEF. Of course. That said, he does have a Superbane in both HP and SPD, meaning he can't max his BST if he has -SPD or HP and needs to have -RES, one of his good stats, in order to max. That said, a +RES, -SPD Surtr is pretty dangerous, especially in combination with Wary Fighter.

Edit: You know, after looking, I'm rather surprised that it took this long for Gharnef to get in. I mean, we got Berkut, Arvis, Julius, Zephiel, Lyon, Black Knight, and even Garon and Grima before Gharnef. Now all we need are Ashnard, Ashera, Nergal, Duma and whoever Tharcia's villain is.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I'm just assuming we're going to add all the Gharnef archetype characters now.
Which I was sort of expecting, but kind of just as a joke since I figured Loki was also going to end up being a Gharnef character. And then something silly happens and it turns out all the Gharnef archetypes are actually working together or something dumb like that.
Then it turns out Gharnef/Medeus was the real villain all along because that's the joke.

But, anyway, hopefully maybe Manfroy, Jedah, Sephiran, Validar, etc. incoming (finally).
I like this this archetype a lot, so I'm hyped~

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
More datamine stuff, regarding two more characters.
Voice files for Hrid have been found in the data.

A new character gets introduced, but atm there's no images, voice clips of them, this character introduces as Hel.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
New story chapter was unsettling to say the least, and foreshadowing of chapter 3.

Speaking of, here's a new trailer remembering book 1 and 2

It seems both Sharena and us are dying, leaving Chadfonse on charge. He was always the true protagonist after all.

And on bad news, Mikoto didn't get demoted and we have way too many banners without demotions, this isn't fun :(

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Oh my! How foolish of me. Please, I beg your forgiveness. How could I forget?

... Forget how much you love Canas, of course. You could never bear to part with him so, right?

:p

I wish I could trade away these things or something. People like you are trying to scramble together every last one you can get, while I'm sitting on 250 of the things knowing I'll probably never use them unless someone like Forrest gets hit with the GHB or TT stick. They should replace the 15 feathers per day with something like this, where once a week or so you can choose someone from your friend list to give some of these resources to. At least something like that would make the friend list a little more meaningful.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I hope the Gharnef GHB is true to the original games and we can't beat it without a starlight user.

:p

Ivander

Smash Legend
*sees new trailer and does Xenologue 4*

Mmm, chilling. Is it going to be us fighting out of Hel's realm? Or our we going to be saved by a mysterious stranger attempting to stop a bad future?

Edit: Well, ended up getting Surtr. His intro quote was pretty interesting, as it seems to imply that this is actually him after we defeated him for good.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If any GHB is going to be true to the original games, it should be Xavier, obviously. For the uninitiated:
Fire Emblem Wiki said:
https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/The_Liberation_of_Leonster#Recruiting_Xavier

Recruiting Xavier is a somewhat daunting task; the several NPC civilians must talk to the several Leonster knights working under Xavier. Additionally, each specific NPC has to talk to a specific knight; the characters do not have unique names, so they can only be identified by their portraits.

Note: There are two separate civilians that share the portrait of the girl with the green shirt and twintails; not that one civilian needs to speak with two knights.
I recruited Xavier once. The key word being "once".

D

Deleted member

If any GHB is going to be true to the original games, it should be Xavier, obviously. For the uninitiated:

I recruited Xavier once. The key word being "once".
Men I can't ****ing wait to play Thracia 776

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
My main goal going into the new banner was to pull Surtr purely for his Steady Stance 4 skill. I'm not a fan of Surtr's character at all, so I wasn't planning on using him despite his stats turning out to be super good. If I couldn't get Surtr from green orbs, I wanted to snipe for blue orbs as well to get Ylgr for her Speed Tactics skill.

I went into the banner with 160 orbs. I ended up getting pity-broken by my second Dorcas during it. He is +Def -HP, which isn't a bad nature (the first Dorcas I got a while back was completely neutral). I haven't decided whether I'll use him for merging or skill fodder. If it's the latter, it'll probably be for either Quick Riposte or Infantry Pulse (more so the former since I don't have anyone that needs the latter skill).

After 100 orbs, I got my most wanted unit: Alolan Garon himself!

His nature also turned out to be +Def -HP, which is arguably best for him. However, like I said, I had no plans on using Surtr, so I just foddered him away for that Steady Stance 4, and let me tell you, this was a decision I'm glad I made.

Guess who got the Steady Stance 4? Best Fates child Shiro of course!

Say hello to my new, improved, and updated Shiro build!

I honestly think Steady Stance 4 Shiro's new best A-skill. Not only does it give him a whooping +8 Defense boost that turns him into a bigger and more impenetrable wall on the enemy phase than he already is, the skill also comes in with a built-in Guard! Guard is arguably Shiro's best B-skill because it improves his survivability even further by lowering enemys' special frequency, but Steady Stance 4 makes this Guard skill more accessible to him by not putting the 80% or higher HP threshold on him to activate it (only requirement for it activate is that it needs to be done on the enemy phase, but that's how I always used my Shiro). Putting Guard into an A-skill also gives him more B-skill and Seal flexibility, so I'm able to still retain the Defense +3 Seal (Squad Ace B is that same Seal but with a fancier name) and Quick Riposte on him.

I also changed his C-skill from Threaten Def to Spd Smoke 3. This will ensure he will be less likely to be doubled. He also has Atk Smoke 3 on him, but I don't plan on having him use the skill yet considering how incredibly sturdy he is with his current build. The change from Ignis to Bonfire is to help him activate his skill more frequently (he is on a team with Infantry users, with one of them having Infantry Pulse to lower his cool down charge).

I can't wait to use Shiro frequently again! He's always been one of my best walls, and with Steady Stance 4, I'd say he may just be my best physical tank in Heroes! My Innes that I recently built will work pretty well with him too as another anti-mage unit to counter Shiro's weakness to mages.

Well, if anyone wants to hear how Hrid sounds like:

Tagging Erureido Erureido since I know they want him.
Hrid's voice sounds nice!

With that recent datamine revealing that information about Hrid, it does give me some hope that he'll be the next Legendary Hero!

I gotta work on restocking my orbs this next week though. I only have about 50 orbs at the moment, and I'm going to need more if I really want to up my chances of pulling him assuming he appears in the next Legendary Hero banner (and if Kaden is released next month with Book III and the beast units debut... that'll be even more rough orb-count wise).

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So as mentioned, I got Surtr. Turns out he's +SPD, -DEF. :glare: Also got another Green Tome Olwen just shortly before Surtr, who was +ATK, -SPD. My last Olwen has neither as a bane or boon, but I'm not sure if I want to keep this one since despite the good ATK Boon, that Speed Bane really hurts her. But last but not least, in my attempt to get Ylgr, I got my first Hinoka. :awesome: She's +HP, -DEF. Not her preferred stats, but hey, I finally got all the original versions of the Hoshido siblings. Now the only Fates siblings I need to get are Leo and Elise.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This banner was nice, got her on my first circle:
20181121_102318.png Screenshot_20181121-084730.jpg
+Atk-Spd, because gacha always find a way to **** you up.

Top Bottom