• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Everyone gathered for the end scene.

Dabuz would not go down without a fight, he gathered his army of pokemon to fight on the battle field.

Unfortunately it was raining so he brought a bunch of pokemon bad in rain, whoops.

The rest if town beat through it with water pokemon and ones good in rain.

Dabuz, Pokemon Conquest Goon, has been lynched.

It is night 1, send me your night actions by February 4th, 11:59PM CST.
Make it Rain! scum confirmed

There we go :)

Come on he looks like he's on crack. Like why is this guy on an SWF ad?
Reading these posts on my phone before going to bed last night made me laugh way harder than it should have.
Hmm.

So dabuz flipped pokemon conquest, and potassium got incapped. By logical deduction it wouldn't make sense for the pokemon conquest team to incap him because he either IS that partner or they could use that hardcore defense against him to frame him, so I think it's fair to say the DC comics incapped em. With that in mind, I think our best bet for the incap would be to find out if Kantrip and dabuz are connected. With the flip, Kantrip shot to top priority, but reading back, his approach to dabuz seemed really genuine and much like him scum reading dabuz. That being said, I personally think we should uncap kantrip. I really think it holds merit to deduce that the DC comics are the ones who incapped em, and his play makes me feel like he's not scum with dabuz.

Discuss.
I want to take a moment to admit that my play at the end of yesterDay was overly mechanical and stupid, and that I was being dumb where dabuz's claim was concerned and abandoned my read on him in favour of what I perceived to be a statistical fool-proof. That said, what Gorf says in this post is solid. My play surrounding dabuz at the end of the Day was really out there, where I supported the wagon, made a pseudo-case, told a bunch of people to join the wagon, and then when it got down to the wire and he claimed cop I totally pussied out and tried to deter the lynch to Hando because of aforementioned (bad) reasons.

Uncap Potassium

I agree with this. DC are the most likely ones to have incapped Potassium.

With that said that means Conquest faction (i.e Dabuz's partner) incapped Raziek. For a reason.
Raziek hasn't done much this game, just until very recently he started chiming in. Aside from my #651, MiR going after Raz earlier, and Potassium vaguely naming Raz as scum possibility I don't remember any other relevant mentioning of Raz through the game. There was also Raz questioning Soup and later the wagon on Soup.

Dabuz trying to make Handorin the fallback lynch makes it very unlikely that Handorin is the conquest partner. Dabuz started to go after him when a Dabuz lynch seemed more and more likely. So I don't think that was a distance tactic.

I am gonna re-read and see who was opposed or indiffirent to the Dabuz lynch before it became very obvious that was going to be the first day's lynch.
Good post.

I am still undecided as to whether or not Hando/dabuz could be a team. YesterDay I was pretty adamant that they couldn't be partners, but I've realized that Handorin was already getting heat when dabuz started getting piled up on, and it's perfectly logical to reason that they thought "welp. we're both disliked at the moment, one of us is getting lynched. Let's start bussing each other."

Personally, I still think that Raziek is dabuz's partner. I could lay out why his behaviour towards the wagon was strange and why he is likely the second pokemon scum, but since we're letting him die from incap anyways I figure we can just see what happens from there and I don't need to waste my time on it.
Honestly if you agree with the idea that kantrip was capped by comics, then you either think Kantrip is dabuz' mate or he's town. There's no ifs ands or buts. For all we know, conquest capped em cuz he is an untraceable target, but I mean I can't think of a direct reason for them to wanna do that, nor do I see why it matters. Maybe they scum read em. Maybe they're threatened by em. But it's either him or Kantrip, so I'm gonna have to go with gova here.

uncap kantrip

I agree that Hando and dabuz are likely not mates, but he can definitely fit the bill for comics. Like I said, I wanna see their insight before pursuing either hollow or HandoHando
YesterDay you were saying that you thought Hando and dabuz were mates. What changed?
That said, the only question marks for me now are if Potassium did really miss Gova confirming the slip, and this:

You just said that you think Hando=/=Dabuz. I am not seeing Dabuz=Handorin, but re-reading this, that could be a very good point you made there. What made you change your mind?
I don't think there's any way to prove that first point one way or the other, all we've got is my word that my brand of skim milk doesn't contain Govium Slipoxide.

Also god damn stop asking the same questions as me it's uncanny

Kantrip

Kantplay
Why in the world would DC incap Potassium? Conquest is the ones I would see doing it. They hit either him or Gorf because of the push on Dabuz. I think there's a fair chance Kantrip is DC scum, because he wanted to keep Dabuz alive to take up a lynch the next day because he certainly wasn't going to incap him. The Raz incap is definitely not one of the scum teams and purely from a play point of view, I would take Raz's lack of contribution over Kantrip's end to the day phase.

That said, I think it's probably TvT.
This rationale doesn't make much sense.

What does the Conquest scummer gain from incapping someone who was crucial in getting dabuz lynched? Revenge? It could be for eliminating a threat to their team, but that would mean that the person they incapped was onto them as well as dabuz. Dabuz is already lynched, killing someone who was a major part of that doesn't change the fact that he's dead. If anything, the Conquest team would want to keep me alive because my behaviour towards the wagon was so strange and could be painted as scummy.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Raz incap is PROBABLY one of the scum teams targeting him trying to find scum and trying to get their team sole control over the night kill and also targeting a player that could theoretically become a problem.
So you think (one of) the scumteams think Raz is scum.

Do you think Raz is scum? Earlier you voted to uncap him which implies not but I'm still not sure if that was serious or not.
Historically, Raz is pretty good at this game in later phases of the game.

Not incredibly likely. I've seen him play in person and his strategy was to not involve his partner with a sinking ship although the positions were reversed.
What does the second part of this post mean?

It means that Raziek usually doesn't try to save his partners that are going down? Because I don't really get that impression from him at all. He had a strange scumread on dabuz the whole time but put him in his second priority slot and stalled voting him even when I asked him if he would (and he said yes). When dabuz's slip was revealed he finally added his vote to the wagon because his actions prior to the wagon becoming the clear lynch basically forced him too. I don't think he wanted to associate with the dabuz lynch at all, but he was asked his stance on the matter rather early and was forced to commit.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Come to think of it, Kantrip was trying to prevent the lynching of dabuz
Of this I am guilty.

Though I must stress that I wasn't trying to prevent the dying of dabuz. I just expected that with a cop claim he would be incapped and we could kill him without lynching him. In hindsight, I was being dumb and getting the flip from the lynch for 100% confirmation that he was scum was more valuable anyways.
It makes sense for the conquest scum to wanna frame em upon a lynch, but DC comics ensure that they have AT LEAST a 50/50 chance of getting Kantrip dead by incapping him. They don't know whether or not he's scum, but not being on the same team they know that him dying is a boon to them regardless of whether he's the other scum or town. Kantrips defense of dabuz is super bait for either scum team on that flip. But if conquest scum isn't Kantrip, then they can push his death via lynch with that. I didn't mean DC frames em when I answered Ryker, I meant that for conquest not incapping em. I got confuzzled on the metrorail lol.
Do you think the DC Comics team thought I was dabuz's partner when they incapped me, and that could be their reason for doing so?

Kantrip

Kantplay
nah, we should uncap the potassium

we don't need people losing their bananas

obv :gova:

for real tho; how are people feeling about hollownote and handorin currently?

i think they need to be dealt with but after a dabuz scumflip i feel a little better about hollownote

his post thats givin everyone red flags reads to me as new town; he's giving them the benefit of the doubt

i feel like if he was scum; he would have been all over the dabuz and handorin lynches like a fly to vinegar
It still doesn't make any sense that he would be that confident about reads. The fact that he was certain dabuz was going to flip town weirds me out even though dabuz flipped scum.

It reads to me like he could be on the DC Comics team, and him and his partner (most likely someone with a lot of experience and confidence in their own reads) were discussing who they thought was on the Pokemon Conquest team. His partner may have come up with a theory of what the Pokemon Conquest team is that doesn't include Hando/dabuz. So HollowNote coming in the thread with his confidence that they were town may have been him relaying what his scum mate told him privately. Obviously it would have been something he wasn't supposed to act so confident about, and probably not vocalize in-thread at all.

I just have trouble understanding why he was as confident as he was about townreads when he never shared any reasoning (and has continued to ignore the issue).

Kantrip

Kantplay
Note: I wish OP was edited. Rated: 100% nonlean beef for real world lynch possibilities. Confidence: 85%

1. HollowNote- town
2. Handorin- scum
3. Gargaglione- town
4. Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry)- scum
5. Gorf- town
6. Raziek- town
7. Inglorious ******* (Gheb_01/JTB)- dead
8. dabuz- scum, amirite?
9. soup- town
10. Fandangox- scum
11. Gova- scum
12. ScaryLB59- town
13. Potassium- town
This reads list is very interesting to me.

I'd love to see your Fandango, Raziek (comment on possible connection to dabuz and why you don't think it's the case), Gova, Gorf, and Politoed reads more fleshed out. Hollow too actually.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
It still doesn't make any sense that he would be that confident about reads. The fact that he was certain dabuz was going to flip town weirds me out even though dabuz flipped scum.

It reads to me like he could be on the DC Comics team, and him and his partner (most likely someone with a lot of experience and confidence in their own reads) were discussing who they thought was on the Pokemon Conquest team. His partner may have come up with a theory of what the Pokemon Conquest team is that doesn't include Hando/dabuz. So HollowNote coming in the thread with his confidence that they were town may have been him relaying what his scum mate told him privately. Obviously it would have been something he wasn't supposed to act so confident about, and probably not vocalize in-thread at all.

I just have trouble understanding why he was as confident as he was about townreads when he never shared any reasoning (and has continued to ignore the issue).
uh, i disagree; i guess that's all i have to say about this

unless we're gonna start saying confidence is scummy lol

ain't no reason a new player can't be confident

and i went back to see the post and i wouldn't say he was certain

the post was "if dabaz/handorin flip town i'm gonna find the best [i told you so] gif"

i'll have to concede the lack of reasoning point tho; certainly is strange

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Alright, game time.

Buckling in to address some of this reasoning.

First things first, uncap: Raziek, because I forgot I could vote for myself apparently?

Kantrip

Kantplay
uh, i disagree; i guess that's all i have to say about this

unless we're gonna start saying confidence is scummy lol

ain't no reason a new player can't be confident

and i went back to see the post and i wouldn't say he was certain

the post was "if dabaz/handorin flip town i'm gonna find the best [i told you so] gif"

i'll have to concede the lack of reasoning point tho; certainly is strange
Okay so if they flip town he'll say "I told you so."

Can you find where he said they'd flip town in the first place, so that that statement even makes sense? And can you find him explaining why he thought they would flip town? Confidence is not scummy if you can explain why you were so confident.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
yeah well i mean in his one post where he actually caught up we can infer that he thought handorin was town and he explicitly said he wasn't okay with a dabuz lynch

the reasoning is missing; but i mean im working with what ive got

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I agree that confidence with reasoning is certainly good, but he left us with a lot of nothing.

If anything, empty confidence such as what he left us with along with an absence of content in general is what is more concerning I think.

Fandangox

Smash Lord

This seems too far fetched to me. I still have no read on Hollownote cause as others pointed out that could be newbplay, but his jump on MiR was really opportunistic.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
It means that Raziek usually doesn't try to save his partners that are going down? Because I don't really get that impression from him at all. He had a strange scumread on dabuz the whole time but put him in his second priority slot and stalled voting him even when I asked him if he would (and he said yes). When dabuz's slip was revealed he finally added his vote to the wagon because his actions prior to the wagon becoming the clear lynch basically forced him too. I don't think he wanted to associate with the dabuz lynch at all, but he was asked his stance on the matter rather early and was forced to commit.
Yeah I mean that's what I said on the last page, but being perfectly honest I am not 100% confident on it. BLS said in this page that this how Raziek usually plays, and MiR backed this up when Raziek was asked about it YesterDAY. Still I think it has some merit cause he keeps saying he doesn't like Dabuz and doesn't vote him until he is basically confirmed scum. So I am putting it out there as a possibility to see what everyone else thinks.

Also god damn stop asking the same questions as me it's uncanny
No. >:C

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Kantrip said:
YesterDay you were saying that you thought Hando and dabuz were mates. What changed?
I was not saying he's scum. I was bringing up the idea of a connection. The end of the page where dabuz went to Hando is weird, and looking at it at first made me think of the possible connection. But reading back, it makes as much sense as tying Garg and you to dabuz for that reason, so as I stated before, if they're mates that's not why.

Kantrip said:
Do you think the DC Comics team thought I was dabuz's partner when they incapped me, and that could be their reason for doing so?
Possibly, yes.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
doesn't look like it

uncap potassium and lynch handorin

so we can get on with our lives

Handorin

Smash Hero
Guys, just get on the MiR wagon. He's obviously scum.

Follow my lead.

Vote: MiR

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I partially blame the final fantasy tactics advance mafia game starting up. I'll use that as an excuse.

Hando, ol buddy, ol pal.......can you grace us with content regarding you believing that MiR is scum? Please? You've been on it for some time but you have yet to give any viewpoint or info whatsoever.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu
Mind if I request a votecount?

I know that really nothing has happened in this phase but perhaps it can get a little something going in here before you have to prod things and such.

@HollowNote
Mind if I ask you for some content homie? I can respect the confidence that you had for feeling that dabuz may not have been an ideal choice for a lynch, but he was a baddie. I think you should come on in here and at least say something about it. It breaks my heart to possibly have to dig you a hole in the ground without as much as a second whisper from ya!

@ Kantrip Kantrip
Trying to stir some conversation, how do you feel about BLS?

@Top Deck BLS
Kinda doing the same, why the vote on MiR? You made them cry.

Its dead in here.:gova:

Top Bottom