• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Kantrip

Kantplay
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm??????????????????????????/

10char
Those are quoted out of context. One applies to me explaining the pro's and con's to leaving dabuz alive using the assumption that he is town for the purpose of proving my point, the other is my actual opinion of his alignment, which not lynching him still makes more sense than wasting our lynch on him.

He has a scum mate.

There is another team of 2.

There are more people we have to lynch, and holding off on lynching a claimed Comp Cop doesn't mean he gets out of anything

But oh well. What is done is done. Hopefully he flips scum and we can lynch Gorf/Hollow/Hando/Raz by endgame and probably win

Kantrip

Kantplay
What?

There's no assurance that he will be nightkilled at all, and scum will most likely avoid doing that, since it's expected of them
Yeah, that's the WIFOM part. and we can cross that bridge when we come to it. Scum gains nothing by leaving a claimed cop alive, while town gains free results. We would profit from them using that WIFOM in the end, even if we just ended up using our lynch on him tomorrow

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
We would profit from them using that WIFOM in the end, even if we just ended up using our lynch on him tomorrow
that's exactly why we wouldn't profit from the wifom, because it's likely that scum won't kill him at night and we'll just end up lynching him anyway, and have to go through a whole entire D2 with the wifom

Kantrip

Kantplay
that's exactly why we wouldn't profit from the wifom, because it's likely that scum won't kill him at night and we'll just end up lynching him anyway, and have to go through a whole entire D2 with the wifom
However, we'd lynch someone Day 1 that we are going to lynch anyways

and we lynch him Day 2, effectively just switching up the order.

if hes scum that would make us break even, dont lose or gain anything

if hes town we get 1 free night result from him. that was what made it worth it to me, but no one wanted to even consider the possibility that he couuuuuld be town, even if it was a very slim one

Kantrip

Kantplay
I was like the reason dabuz got lynched in the first place. I don't understand why people couldn't at least try to understand where i was coming from and give me the light of day. I dont know what the worst that could happen was in everyones minds? dabuz doesnt get incapped by either team and we're stuck with WIFOM? that's not a big deal.

jesus christ

Gargaglione

Smash Lord

if hes town we get 1 free night result from him. that was what made it worth it to me, but no one wanted to even consider the possibility that he couuuuuld be town, even if it was a very slim one
We benefit far more from lynching dabuz earlier. It eliminates the very annoying wifom that has been set up and gives us more leads.

Lynching Handorin pretty much leaves everything as it is at this very moment

Kantrip

Kantplay
We benefit far more from lynching dabuz earlier. It eliminates the very annoying wifom that has been set up and gives us more leads.

Lynching Handorin pretty much leaves everything as it is at this very moment
k well im just gonna have to wait and when the game goes exactly where i know its going to go i can say i told you so

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
k well im just gonna have to wait and when the game goes exactly where i know its going to go i can say i told you so
The "I told you so" card is really petty. This isn't about being right or wrong, and anyone can call things out in hindsight.

Our current circumstance calls for lynching dabuz first since it will provide far more information.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
The "I told you so" card is really petty. This isn't about being right or wrong, and anyone can call things out in hindsight.

Our current circumstance calls for lynching dabuz first since it will provide far more information.
EBWOP: and it will eliminate far more ambiguities (the wifom)

Fandangox

Smash Lord
With the n0 action thing isn't it all but confirmed he basically lied? He would have posted results. Knowing that, the other scumteam wouldn't necessarily nightkill him now.

There's no point to not lynching Dabuz now.

Kantrip

Kantplay
With the n0 action thing isn't it all but confirmed he basically lied? He would have posted results. Knowing that, the other scumteam wouldn't necessarily nightkill him now.

There's no point to not lynching Dabuz now.
I skimmed the last couple pages, what n0 action thing?

Do comp cops get one in N0? I thought it was solely for incaps.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Well that's awesome to know.

It's cool that I was right on him and we lynched scum D1 at least. No harm done in this case but what I was saying did have merit before it was revealed daubz was 100% lying

Kantrip

Kantplay
EBWOP: dabuz*

Also yeah there's still a chance that the other scum team might have incapped him and we could have killed him off without using a lynch but this turned out alright anyways

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
What? Why would you want to do his homework for him.
You right. Just thinking out loud man.

With that said, Garg said it best, we lynch dabuz to close out the possibility of all those really bad WIFOM situations. Still leaves us with Hando/Hollow for tomorrow that have been agreed to be scummy. Fine starting place for the next day.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord

It's cool that I was right on him and we lynched scum D1 at least. No harm done in this case but what I was saying did have merit before it was revealed daubz was 100% lying
K

vote on him

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
The thing is.

Anyone who claims cop is going to be incapped.

If they're town, by two scumteams.

If they're scum, by the other scum team.

So toMorrow we can just not uncap him and we don't need to use a lynch to kill him.

It's not mechanical bull****, it's ****ing logical thinking and making scum do our work for us so we have more lynches to use on making sure our LyLo isn't comprised of **** like Hando + Hollow. Why would we waste a lynch on someone who is basically 100% going to be incapped at least once and therefore able to be killed by us just not uncapping them? It's called making the best use of the action economy that this setup provides me. A scum who claims Comp Cop is obviously fishing for CCs, but if we don't CC them they're still 100% dead before LyLo so there is NO REASON to worry about them ASAP when there are 3 other scum to find and inactive slots that need pruning.

I still think dabuz is likely scum, but any scum who claims cop is already a walking corpse. It's an open setup, there aren't any surprises that can happen to us by leaving scum alive. We would only benefit by having the other team incap him and we don't even need to use a lynch.

Seriously it's such basic ****ing logic I am dumbfounded by you guys
The thing is.

At no point.

Did you mention your read on dabunz.

And why that matters on how we should handle him.

It's precisely mechanical bull**** because at no point does your scumread on dabunz take precedent here. You tunneled that slot all day and as soon as he claims cop (just cop, not comp cop, no results either despite moving n0) you just back off with this grandiose plan of how we should handle it because he for sure dies when scum could easily just choose not to shoot him at all (very real possibility given that all of town wants to lynch him, why incap that slot when town wants to do the work for you?). You're not reading him, you're just saying "this is what we should do". It's mechanical and it is no way a guaranteed plan. If he's for sure dead, why waste at least a phase doing what should be done now?

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Yeah, that's the WIFOM part. and we can cross that bridge when we come to it. Scum gains nothing by leaving a claimed cop alive, while town gains free results. We would profit from them using that WIFOM in the end, even if we just ended up using our lynch on him tomorrow
Nah let's avoid the WIFOM bomb. I'm glad he's dead.

Would've hammered after he posted but you ****s didn't even allow for that

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry

This is how we waste our time. Waste our time. Waste our time! This is how we waste our time and town loses the gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
I was like the reason dabuz got lynched in the first place. I don't understand why people couldn't at least try to understand where i was coming from and give me the light of day. I dont know what the worst that could happen was in everyones minds? dabuz doesnt get incapped by either team and we're stuck with WIFOM? that's not a big deal.

jesus christ
While I'm at it on the children's songs:

The wheels on the bus go round and round! Round and round! Round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and round over dabunz's grave!

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry

what the ****

you don't get to pull the first one and then turn around and be like "blah i was right in the end haha go me!" that **** doesn't happen.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Way too much was posted after my cliff note's request and now. Then I read a few posts, had to go away for a few minutes, jumped to the end and I guess dabuz was lynched? Stop posting, it's useless now and makes me read less. kplzthxbye

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't think you understand.

Not lynching him went hand in hand with thinking he was scum.

Calling him town, in a lot of ways, was an attempt to make sure the other team incapped him.

I was also giving credit to the chance that he was telling the truth, but my own read on him never changed. I still wanted him dead, I just knew that after a cop claim we could kill him via not uncapping him rather than having to use a lynch. Holding off on lynching him would have benefited him regardless of his alignment, and if the other scumteam happened to not incap him? Oh well we can lynch him D2 and we don't lose anything.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I got them while catching up on what was happening, they literally happened like 5 minutes before making that post.

The thing is.

Anyone who claims cop is going to be incapped.

If they're town, by two scumteams.

If they're scum, by the other scum team.

So toMorrow we can just not uncap him and we don't need to use a lynch to kill him.

It's not mechanical bull****, it's ****ing logical thinking and making scum do our work for us so we have more lynches to use on making sure our LyLo isn't comprised of **** like Hando + Hollow. Why would we waste a lynch on someone who is basically 100% going to be incapped at least once and therefore able to be killed by us just not uncapping them? It's called making the best use of the action economy that this setup provides me. A scum who claims Comp Cop is obviously fishing for CCs, but if we don't CC them they're still 100% dead before LyLo so there is NO REASON to worry about them ASAP when there are 3 other scum to find and inactive slots that need pruning.

I still think dabuz is likely scum, but any scum who claims cop is already a walking corpse. It's an open setup, there aren't any surprises that can happen to us by leaving scum alive. We would only benefit by having the other team incap him and we don't even need to use a lynch.

Seriously it's such basic ****ing logic I am dumbfounded by you guys
**** yo shiz BOI I can't believe you're sticking to this. He's obv not cop there's no reason to NOT lynch him. YOU. ARE. BEING. KANTPLAY. PLZ. STOP lol you thinkin you can like swing this n then gova comes in here and turns everything on its head.

Oh also let me just say congrats Swahawks :)

What's CC bait.

I specifically said that no one should CC under any circumstances. Sure the claim could be CC bait, but if no one CC's then if he's scum the other scum team will incap him because they can't risk leaving the town CC (on the chance that he is town) alive to get free results. So we can kill him by not uncapping him and save a lynch, and he doesn't get any CC's out of it.

Win-win, easy peazy, really ****ing obvious ****.
Dude save yourself the wifom ad just lych his ass it only worked because it was possible that he was cop now it's not holy crap stop man you are ridiculous.

Kantrip

Kantplay
**** yo shiz BOI I can't believe you're sticking to this. He's obv not cop there's no reason to NOT lynch him. YOU. ARE. BEING. KANTPLAY. PLZ. STOP lol you thinkin you can like swing this n then gova comes in here and turns everything on its head.

Oh also let me just say congrats Swahawks :)

Dude save yourself the wifom ad just lych his *** it only worked because it was possible that he was cop now it's not holy crap stop man you are ridiculous.
Catch up.

I wasn't aware he had basically confirmed himself a liar by not sharing a N0 result, it's all good now.

Kantrip

Kantplay
*sigh*

Besides, it wouldn't be me if I didn't throw a little kantplay into the equation. I was meshing far too well with people, had to make everyone think I was stupid sometime or it wouldn't feel right.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan

jesus christ
This. Friggin. Guy.

Oh and there is NO MOTHER FUCKING WAY that this guy didn't notice the whole Gova catching dabuz' slip. If he noticed the wagon, he noticed the slip. Plus he had PLENTY of time to catch onto the fact of why he was. If he read that dabuz had votes, he definitely read why. And if I have to explain why that's scummy to anyone I will, but oooooh man Kantrip you done ****ed up.

Top Bottom