• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finishing Moves

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
In my last two tournaments, I had some great games with Rosalina, getting an 80%+ lead against strong opponents like Ash and Boss. In both sets, however, I still got 2-0'd. Once I would get them to around 80-100%, I couldn't find a way to actually finish them off, and I ended up making mistakes which they capitalized on even better with rage. I play a largely fundamental game with Rosalina - lots of poking, careful use of jab, aerial crossups, and the occasional desync for frame traps. Does Rosalina have any good setups for getting KOs?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Luma's jab 3 is surprisingly powerful and can get KOs off the top. Its utilt also has a sweetspot in front of it, similar to Mega Man's utilt, that kills pretty early. Rosalina's rapid jab finisher isn't quite as good for KOs but can still do the job near the ledge above 150% or so.

Her smash attacks in general are fairly powerful. Usmash is the most useful -- its a good antiair since Rosalina's head is invulnerable for part of it. Fsmash has the most horizontal range and power but is the most punishable and dsmash is the fastest (I think) but weakest.

Some of her aerials are killers on their own -- uair (both Rosalina's and Luma's) and dair (Rosalina's is a weak meteor smash if you sweetspot it, Luma's is just strong). Nair, fair, and bair are basically edgeguard fodder, although they can all kill outright if you catch someone far enough offstage.

If customs are on, Luma Warp can let you send Luma out lightning fast, have it do an attack, and call it back again, all in about a second. If Luma teleports on top of the opponent, it can cause enough hitstun to make a true combo. If not, it's still pretty fast and can be hard to react to. Default Luma Shot can be charged to become a powerful KO move that few people seem to respect as such until it hits them at least once, but at the same time few people will let you get away with charging it in the first place. If you really want to try it, my best advice is using it as a long range landing trap, similar to Samus's Charge Shot. Just be wary of anyone with a reflector.

Last edited:

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
if you use rosa forward close to the ground without luma, you can combo it into her usmash, Plus if your near the ledge, use her back and forward throw at 150% to get kills that way. I think you struggle to kill players because you get excited because theyre are at higher percent than you and you just imediatley throw out kill moves. Don't do that, make reads like use her u smash as an anti air or punish rolls with it. Also, play safe even at kill percents and take advantage of her jab cancels and you can get some safe kills by either her juggles or edgeguards.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Keep your Luma safe, and abuse your jab as much as you can at high %s. It will eventually kill at 140 ish. Don't fish for kills; just let them happen. I can't tell you how many games I manage to win just by playing as if I had no idea they were at kill %. Jab will seal the deal, and even if Luma is dead, Rosalina has tools at her disposal to close the game out. Falling Fair -> Up Smash is good, and falling Fair can spike if you're near the ledge and they're off-stage. F-throw and B-throw eventually kill as well.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Are Uair juggles viable for killing? I like doing that alongside jab bullying at the edge.
Definitely. Uair is, IMO, Rosalina's best move, period. It does everything.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Also, is it normal to kill someone with Luma's jab 3 (not the infinite finisher)? I once killed someone with that like at 100%.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Also, is it normal to kill someone with Luma's jab 3 (not the infinite finisher)? I once killed someone with that like at 100%.
It is natural for the Luma's third jab to do that, but heavier fighters may need to take over 150% damage before they're at risk of getting KO'd by that attack.

DKMJunior

Smash Cadet
If your opponent has 70% damage or more and you can manage to grab them, throw them up, and then jump in the air with Luma and use her up smash. Roselina has excellent air moves for finishers, including her meteor smash/spike. This is predicated from my experience.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
With a distant luma dtilt to upsmash from either of the chars leads to kills often at those % for me, really hard to judge its effectiveness since theres a very varying level of play against my rosalina, which is easy to understand since i play mostly for glory and destroy everyone (mostly because im playing ALOT to learn this character):D
Dtilt to kills is a decent move anyway, othervise upairs leads to alot of kills.

Anyone know the general % when upthrow upair upair combos btw?

Top Bottom